acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon & vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Morgana
Zodiac:

Nyctophilia Raven wrote:I have died a couple of times (none of them my fault, just so you know). I never saw a light. I saw darkness. Endless, peaceful, empty, quiet, painless darkness. It was... quite lovely. There was no sorrow, no sound... Of course, there was also nothing else, either.

It was nice enough that, every now and then, when I meditate, I go back there. It's a lovely break.

Of course, I have reasons to come home... and when I go there, I always make sure to hook a line to something living so I can COME home...

But it's a nice place to vacation.
Wow, I cannot imagine what its like to have died a few times in the same lifetime....but it does sound peaceful :candle: Don't know about vacationing there.... ;) but its interesting how different people have their own version of what happens to them when they die. I wonder why? Is it that we all have a different place we got to? Does our own version of afterlife resemble our beliefs while living?
"YOU CANNOT TRAVEL ON THE
PATH UNTIL YOU BECOME
THE PATH ITSELF." Buddha
NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Everyone
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself.
My magical/paranormal name...: KITTY!!!!!!!!
Zodiac:

When I died when I was 9, the version of the afterlife I had in my head was that of a typical nine-year old child being raised in America by witches in a Christian environment... it was supposed to be a summer garden, but everyone was also supposed to be robed in white with wings and harps. rofl

That wasn't what I found.

The second and third times I died, I had a more complete understanding of the spiritual and astral realms, and had a clearer expectation of the after-life... and I still went to the dark but restful place.

Clearly... that is where I now believe I will go when I die. Third time's the charm, you know. However, I have to say... I don't think that is the only place anyone ever goes... nor do I think it is the final place that I will go. It feels... temporary to me. I will go there until I no longer need to be there... and then I will go somewhere else. I don't know where that elsewhere is, or what it will be like, but I know there is something beyond that place.
"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series
Daneerie
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

Nyctophilia Raven wrote:When I died when I was 9, the version of the afterlife I had in my head was that of a typical nine-year old child being raised in America by witches in a Christian environment... it was supposed to be a summer garden, but everyone was also supposed to be robed in white with wings and harps. rofl

The second and third times I died, I had a more complete understanding of the spiritual and astral realms, and had a clearer expectation of the after-life... and I still went to the dark but restful place.

Clearly... that is where I now believe I will go when I die. Third time's the charm, you know. However, I have to say... I don't think that is the only place anyone ever goes... nor do I think it is the final place that I will go. It feels... temporary to me. I will go there until I no longer need to be there... and then I will go somewhere else. I don't know where that elsewhere is, or what it will be like, but I know there is something beyond that place.
Maybe that darkness is just a place to take a moment and rest, until you're ready to move on to the next step? Kinda like taking a break after a traumatic event, dying in that case...

When I was a child I was in a car crash and the only thing I remember is seeing darkness too. And I thought to myself "is this what it's like when you die?" then I heard my mom calling and opened my eyes, very confused. I don't know if I died but it felt like it.
My spirit family: gryphon, 2 arkan sonney, ki-lin, cwn anwnn, amphisbaena, unicorn, pegasus, 2 phoenix, gargoyle, duojna, wraith, fylgia, volkh, courtwind angel, bronwyn angel, sterling angel, blue dragon, black dragon, 1 divine dragon, 2 red dragons, 2 silver dragons, green dragon, 2 star faery, marid djinn, 2 gold djinn, cleopatra djinn, ifrit djinn, golden djinn, manananggal, sang and energy vamp, faery/djinn mix, werewolf, liderc, hellhound and I love them all! :inlove:
Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

My take on dark matter is that they could be a star that has burned itself out. The matter has become denser than the matter around it, until it collapses in on itself. This could be how black holes are developed. 2cents
Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
Aeryn K Angel
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Elves
If I could be anything, I would be...: Elf,Faery
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Aeryn
Zodiac:

ash-mda wrote:...THEY SAY THE UNIVERSE IS EXPANDING FROM A SINGLE EXPLOSION SITE, BUT WHAT IF IT'S EXPANDING BECAUSE THE SOULS OF THE DEAD CONTINUE TO GROW.
What if the visible Universe isn't really expanding from the "Big Bang", but the dark matter itself is growing... pushing the planets, stars and galaxies farther and farther apart... filling the "void" with itself? :think:
I am ME.... and that is that!

Below is a picture of my pride & joy... Miss Kasha.
4bluefaeries
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 2047
Spelled Number: 60
Your favorite spirit to work with: love them all
If I could be anything, I would be...: immortal/hybrid
My magical/paranormal name...: Just call me Blue!
Zodiac:

danigaby wrote:
Nyctophilia Raven wrote:When I died when I was 9, the version of the afterlife I had in my head was that of a typical nine-year old child being raised in America by witches in a Christian environment... it was supposed to be a summer garden, but everyone was also supposed to be robed in white with wings and harps. rofl

Maybe that darkness is just a place to take a moment and rest, until you're ready to move on to the next step? Kinda like taking a break after a traumatic event, dying in that case...

When I was a child I was in a car crash and the only thing I remember is seeing darkness too. And I thought to myself "is this what it's like when you die?" then I heard my mom calling and opened my eyes, very confused. I don't know if I died but it felt like it.
Sounds like what certain people have witness being put under anesthesia
They see nothing but a dark vast void of quietness . :snore:
Life is what you make of it.fight for what you believe in.never give up
Heaven doesn't want me , hell is afraid i am going to take over!!
Instrument of the end fire083
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 28
Your favorite spirit to work with: Anything willing
If I could be anything, I would be...: High Elven
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Melindrose
Zodiac:

Huffette wrote:My take on dark matter is that they could be a star that has burned itself out. The matter has become denser than the matter around it, until it collapses in on itself. This could be how black holes are developed. 2cents
I don't know about dark matter but that is exactly how scientists believe that black holes are formed.
All my freestyle dancing is essentially magic
To be the left hand of a god.
Killa
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

I think what we currently identify as "dark matter" might in fact be traces and effects from the Etheric Plane of Existence. BY CH terminology this would be the "earthen realm" where faeries, jinns, elementals etc. reside in. I think their universe is closely knitted with ours. "As above so below, so within as without" we continually influence affect each other's worlds by our thoughts and actions like ripples. Where there are infinite material worlds in our plane of existence, there will be infinite nonmaterial "dark" worlds existing through the very same space. Dark Matter is not just "out there" in the void of space, it's all around us too, scientists were only be able to come to a hypothesis and form a theory, by observing it's effects on light and distant galaxies.

I think pure conciousness is the ultimate base existence, what the vedics call "brahman".

Brahman is everything that is, was and ever will be. Our observable universe may be expanding exponentially, but Brahman is not just the "universe"( whether one, or a multitude of universes material or non-material). Brahman is what was there before OUR observable "universe" came into existence, but brahman is the only constant in a sea of ever expanding "universes".

So no I dont think Dark matter has anything to do with the dead, it's only labeled "dark" because it is literally invisible from what our biological faculties can grasp of it.

For all we know, there can be "aliens" or spiritual entitys composed of this dark matter, in their own dark matter universe, and traces of our physical universe can be perceived by "dark" or "invisible" to them lol.

I'm sorry to hear you have had to go through with that. :(

My opinion may seem controversial but I don't mean to dismiss on your experience. I know a majority percentage of "near-death experiences" are similar to yours, that of 'nothingness'. Very few people who go through an NDE, have a spiritual experience or sense of an afterlife when they regain consciousness. I don't think the lack of an experience or sensation of awareness of one's own consciousnesses can constitute as a "place".

When one may appear to be dead, or clinically dead,(from the outside) one can still be "alive" chemically within their brain, as the bio-mechanical processes shut down, otherwise it would be impossible to be "returned" back to life once it reaches past a certain point. I think this just means that one loses consciousness and is devoid of all their senses of the perception of their own body, just non-awareness; conciousness remains, but "death" itself hasnt transpired yet.

If I may ask about your experiences of the times you 'died', did you feel it was was in the classical "oblivion" sense that nihilists would assume? Or did you still have a sensation of 'awareness', in complete and total darkness/void? I have heard of both happening. My grandmother 'died' during open heart surgery. She told our family of what that was like, she couldnt see anything, it was total "black" from what she described, but a lack of perception of darkness itself in a 3D sense. She described as if she was in a mist, she can still feel an awareness of a "body"(astral body?), she felt as if she was flying in a mist very light, calm and tranquil, through complete darkness, completely aware of the experience, but not feeling a lack of awareness altogether. I know she's a devout catholic woman, and having "died" did not affect her faith but reinforced it.

The Sumerians and Babylonians had many afterlife destinations in their mythology's, but the current surviving one's are that of a Netherworld of darkness, where the dead reside in until the next stage of their existence. I believe this to be the original 'purgatory'. Others might interpret this as a "Soul sleep" until "Judgement". Traces of that concept survive today in the Jewish Tanakh as Sheol, also translated as netherworld in english quite directly. In the christian bible, references of the netherworld were edited and scrapped altogether and replaced with "hell".

If the netherworld/purgatory really does exist, I feel that is different from a lack of awareness or sensation altogether(Soul Sleep), although that is in a sense true serenity I can agree to that.

Reading up on experiences people have had near death, and for most of the accounts that describe "nothingness", I know for some people can be very threatening to their Ego. A lot of people I know who came close to near death or have "died", having previously believed in an afterlife do no longer. But I feel this is misdirected as most people make the mistake of thinking mind and consciousness are the same thing. If one experiences "nothing" during a lack of consciousness, it means that their brain was incapable during those moments to upload a stream of mental data via the substratum of their Higher Self(consciousness), to be directed, received and interfaced from the Ego's end to shape together, reflect on, and interpret the data. I feel like the experience of death itself is like waking up from a coma, or a period of time in a deep unconscious state. Time is an abstraction, it is non-existent. When a person get's put into a coma, and stays that way for lets say.. 10 years to an X amount of time, in their unconscious state, "waking up" would pass like a millisecond to them, meanwhile a large amount of time has passed by. Some will have vague or foggy memory's of what happened right before leading up to the moments they have "blacked out", to then just "waking up" out of it within the fraction of a second from their own sense of subjective time. This is all purely the mechanical process of the brain during these shocking states.

Again, not trying to dismiss how you interpreted your experience, just trying to expand on some interesting discussion since this has always been an exciting topic for me. You are very strong to have gone through what you did, and still have confidence in a metaphysical component through and by, your own mental analysis of experience alone. I commend you for that. :hug:
Morgana
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon & vampire
My magical/paranormal name...: Morgana
Zodiac:

Killa,
I enjoyed reading your post....thank you. ;)
Blessings,
M. :star:
"YOU CANNOT TRAVEL ON THE
PATH UNTIL YOU BECOME
THE PATH ITSELF." Buddha
Sequinox
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: High Elf
My magical/paranormal name...: Sequinox
Zodiac:

Killa wrote:I think what we currently identify as "dark matter" might in fact be traces and effects from the Etheric Plane of Existence. BY CH terminology this would be the "earthen realm" where faeries, jinns, elementals etc. reside in. I think their universe is closely knitted with ours. "As above so below, so within as without" we continually influence affect each other's worlds by our thoughts and actions like ripples. Where there are infinite material worlds in our plane of existence, there will be infinite nonmaterial "dark" worlds existing through the very same space. Dark Matter is not just "out there" in the void of space, it's all around us too, scientists were only be able to come to a hypothesis and form a theory, by observing it's effects on light and distant galaxies.

I think pure conciousness is the ultimate base existence, what the vedics call "brahman".

Brahman is everything that is, was and ever will be. Our observable universe may be expanding exponentially, but Brahman is not just the "universe"( whether one, or a multitude of universes material or non-material). Brahman is what was there before OUR observable "universe" came into existence, but brahman is the only constant in a sea of ever expanding "universes".

So no I dont think Dark matter has anything to do with the dead, it's only labeled "dark" because it is literally invisible from what our biological faculties can grasp of it.

For all we know, there can be "aliens" or spiritual entitys composed of this dark matter, in their own dark matter universe, and traces of our physical universe can be perceived by "dark" or "invisible" to them lol.

I'm sorry to hear you have had to go through with that. :(

My opinion may seem controversial but I don't mean to dismiss on your experience. I know a majority percentage of "near-death experiences" are similar to yours, that of 'nothingness'. Very few people who go through an NDE, have a spiritual experience or sense of an afterlife when they regain consciousness. I don't think the lack of an experience or sensation of awareness of one's own consciousnesses can constitute as a "place".

When one may appear to be dead, or clinically dead,(from the outside) one can still be "alive" chemically within their brain, as the bio-mechanical processes shut down, otherwise it would be impossible to be "returned" back to life once it reaches past a certain point. I think this just means that one loses consciousness and is devoid of all their senses of the perception of their own body, just non-awareness; conciousness remains, but "death" itself hasnt transpired yet.

If I may ask about your experiences of the times you 'died', did you feel it was was in the classical "oblivion" sense that nihilists would assume? Or did you still have a sensation of 'awareness', in complete and total darkness/void? I have heard of both happening. My grandmother 'died' during open heart surgery. She told our family of what that was like, she couldnt see anything, it was total "black" from what she described, but a lack of perception of darkness itself in a 3D sense. She described as if she was in a mist, she can still feel an awareness of a "body"(astral body?), she felt as if she was flying in a mist very light, calm and tranquil, through complete darkness, completely aware of the experience, but not feeling a lack of awareness altogether. I know she's a devout catholic woman, and having "died" did not affect her faith but reinforced it.

The Sumerians and Babylonians had many afterlife destinations in their mythology's, but the current surviving one's are that of a Netherworld of darkness, where the dead reside in until the next stage of their existence. I believe this to be the original 'purgatory'. Others might interpret this as a "Soul sleep" until "Judgement". Traces of that concept survive today in the Jewish Tanakh as Sheol, also translated as netherworld in english quite directly. In the christian bible, references of the netherworld were edited and scrapped altogether and replaced with "hell".

If the netherworld/purgatory really does exist, I feel that is different from a lack of awareness or sensation altogether(Soul Sleep), although that is in a sense true serenity I can agree to that.

Reading up on experiences people have had near death, and for most of the accounts that describe "nothingness", I know for some people can be very threatening to their Ego. A lot of people I know who came close to near death or have "died", having previously believed in an afterlife do no longer. But I feel this is misdirected as most people make the mistake of thinking mind and consciousness are the same thing. If one experiences "nothing" during a lack of consciousness, it means that their brain was incapable during those moments to upload a stream of mental data via the substratum of their Higher Self(consciousness), to be directed, received and interfaced from the Ego's end to shape together, reflect on, and interpret the data. I feel like the experience of death itself is like waking up from a coma, or a period of time in a deep unconscious state. Time is an abstraction, it is non-existent. When a person get's put into a coma, and stays that way for lets say.. 10 years to an X amount of time, in their unconscious state, "waking up" would pass like a millisecond to them, meanwhile a large amount of time has passed by. Some will have vague or foggy memory's of what happened right before leading up to the moments they have "blacked out", to then just "waking up" out of it within the fraction of a second from their own sense of subjective time. This is all purely the mechanical process of the brain during these shocking states.

Again, not trying to dismiss how you interpreted your experience, just trying to expand on some interesting discussion since this has always been an exciting topic for me. You are very strong to have gone through what you did, and still have confidence in a metaphysical component through and by, your own mental analysis of experience alone. I commend you for that. :hug:
This was a wonderful read. I am truly impressed with the way you have explored the philosophy of so many different religions to form such a solid theory. It's interesting that you have read a lot of NDE where they saw nothing. Almost all the NDE I have read about talk about overwhelming love and seeing relatives. I guess it depends on what tree you bark up as to what information you catch.
I feel this is all logical and palpably valid in my own experience. I see no good reason to feel like nihilism nor utter darkness is where a soul goes when it dies. Seems like a dangerous way to fall into a lazy life if there is no goal to work toward. Just my opinion of course.
Actually, as it turns out, it is easy being green.

Return to “Ash”