Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: Espada
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Despair Kitten

Mwahahaha

I see. So this is it. It lies here within this palm. The heart.
Zero
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Loki, Immortal
Zodiac:

He's already a grumpy cat. XD

But, to answer Ali earlier... as Noc stated, working with any deity does include some responsibilities.

Being a Godspouse holds just as much diversity to it as what a traditional human/human relationship does. I know that simultaneously does and does not answer the question, but honestly that's it... what is involved in one persons relationship with a deity may not be the same for another person in a relationship with the same deity.

I got the I-don't-like-to-share thing, too.

I will tell you such foul truths and such beautiful lies, you will want to sew my lips shut.

Can a heart still break once it's stopped beating?
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

To be honest, I've been connected with Loki for several years and the 'godspouse' topic did come up - I notice there was a particularly vast community of his 'spouses' at one point (and call me cynical but I am quite sure only a handful could be considered as serious..not that all of these non-serious connections are wrong but some are particularly unhealthy.. the popularity though, he revels in).

When we came to such a point in our relationship, where he was offering that vow between us I declined as I understood intuitively a kind of responsibility or shift in the connection we already had would arise. Not that it would be a bad thing, but we have our thing going and it's unique. So this is part of why I say there is just a knowing with these situations when you are bonded with a deity. I didn't feel it - however you define it - was right for us and still don't.
I have earned the title of Priestess to a few closely connected gods/goddesses and I distinguish this as well. Though you can find that godspouses share some of the same responsibilities as a priest/priestess. The connections I have with certain deities, all the same another person might define as a spousal set-up or for others a patron or matron connection, I simply don't like to designate such roles.

And I also, have never seen/felt the proposition of godspousery as an inherently romantic thing.. it's an intangible sort of devotion that *can* include romantic implications but is something more like a sacred/divine idea of marriage. All the same you can have a romantic connection with a deity outside of a pact like godspousery.

Just some more thoughts on the subject, and my experience. What it is to you, it is to you.. and no one can decide for you what that is or isn't.

Zero
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Oh my Gods, the number of people on tumblr claiming to be a Godspouse of Lokes is just..., it turns me off (but again, I said I don't like to share so....)

Honestly, when I saw just how many people there are who claim spousery with Him, I got pissed, threw a temper tantrum and acted like a snot towards Him. I felt like I wasn't actually anyone special, like I was just being used. Complete mental break down ensued. Crying. Screaming. I've said it once, I'll say it again: There is no hot to my mess.

We good now.

He's in the spotlight right now, of course He's gonna revel in it like the diva He is. After all, He's a deity often shunned in many communities. He's been Christianized in the lore to be the equivalent of the Norse Devil. (sometimes amusing, sometimes aggravating)

While I am a believer in "if that's what it is to you, that's what it is", I do also know that... delusions happen. I mean, anyone who's been on this site for a while has seen it. There are some cases where what's going on may be real paranormal activity to someone, but in actuality it's more a case of mental instability than actual paranormal occurrences (anyone remember the "I was at the carnival and was attacked by 1 million demons and the angels flew down from heaven and threw the demons in the dumpster"?)

It's an elephant in the room, but frankly, psychosis happens in the metaphysical community. I am NOT saying that anyone and everyone who claims something in the community is 'off', I simply mean... there's nothing wrong with having a healthy does of skepticism.

I will tell you such foul truths and such beautiful lies, you will want to sew my lips shut.

Shifa
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: Espada
My magical/paranormal name...: Despair Kitten

Zero wrote:Oh my Gods, the number of people on tumblr claiming to be a Godspouse of Lokes is just..., it turns me off (but again, I said I don't like to share so....)

Honestly, when I saw just how many people there are who claim spousery with Him, I got pissed, threw a temper tantrum and acted like a snot towards Him. I felt like I wasn't actually anyone special, like I was just being used. Complete mental break down ensued. Crying. Screaming. I've said it once, I'll say it again: There is no hot to my mess.

We good now.

He's in the spotlight right now, of course He's gonna revel in it like the diva He is. After all, He's a deity often shunned in many communities. He's been Christianized in the lore to be the equivalent of the Norse Devil. (sometimes amusing, sometimes aggravating)

While I am a believer in "if that's what it is to you, that's what it is", I do also know that... delusions happen. I mean, anyone who's been on this site for a while has seen it. There are some cases where what's going on may be real paranormal activity to someone, but in actuality it's more a case of mental instability than actual paranormal occurrences (anyone remember the "I was at the carnival and was attacked by 1 million demons and the angels flew down from heaven and threw the demons in the dumpster"?)

It's an elephant in the room, but frankly, psychosis happens in the metaphysical community. I am NOT saying that anyone and everyone who claims something in the community is 'off', I simply mean... there's nothing wrong with having a healthy does of skepticism.
Oh I agree. I had to completely shun Wordpress and Tumblr after a while, and just keep my mouth shut. Also, I had the huge jealousy breakdown too, and I think that's why I was led to spirit-keeping.

I see. So this is it. It lies here within this palm. The heart.
4bluefaeries
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 2047
Spelled Number: 60
Your favorite spirit to work with: love them all
If I could be anything, I would be...: immortal/hybrid
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Just call me Blue!
Zodiac:

Zero wrote:Oh my Gods, the number of people on tumblr claiming to be a Godspouse of Lokes is just..., it turns me off (but again, I said I don't like to share so....)

We good now.

I see it as most will ever come close to what you and Loki ,have with each other,it's personal,it's special and it's yours.Thing is they might be living up the fantasy aspect ,while you're living and breathing the real thing!

So as for Godspousery, it's more of the connection we each have with deities in the first place that one on one with them,that only we experience****personal experience**** that married or not we are bless to have that connection and just being able to hear and speak to them,while others might claim to be an item,most are not .

It's fantasy roleplay.

Life is what you make of it.fight for what you believe in.never give up
Heaven doesn't want me , hell is afraid i am going to take over!!
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

Zero wrote:It's an elephant in the room, but frankly, psychosis happens in the metaphysical community. I am NOT saying that anyone and everyone who claims something in the community is 'off', I simply mean... there's nothing wrong with having a healthy does of skepticism.
Oh *laughs* I completely agree.. I can't count how many times here I will go into a wild thread and shockingly notice I'm the first or one of only a couple to propose someone may be delusional. Nobody wants to hear it but that's a problem whenever it is the only answer that is relevant, and so the answer someone really needs.

I continue to be skeptical of most everything if it raises even the slightest arch of an eyebrow (considering I deal with a lot of crazy.. so something really has to send off my radar to raise an eyebrow and I trust that intuition).

With this particular thing it is easy to tell what's going on - Loki becomes popular; Loki suddenly has dozens of godspouses. What's more likely I wonder.. that Loki decided to approach so many with this sacred vow at relatively the same time (if he did send an en masse invitation to the godspouse party it was intended as a practical joke),
or that we have fangirlsandboys falling in love with the idea of Loki (and I am saying.. the idea, not having knowledge or experience with the truth or even taking the time to discover their own personal truth).

I think what gets to me the most about it is not the amount of delusion that must be involved, because that cannot be avoided, but that when you are legitimately connected to Loki you can clearly see - enough of these persons, would not respect who this god really is and what he represents. They are seeing through a distorted lens to meet their personal needs, and it's not unsafe to say they would shoo pretty fast from what he offers should they get his attention.
No.. we can state the facts plainly.. as much as everyone needs to be accepted in their pursuit for a calling and their path, their is an exclusivity regarding that level of commitment offered. A god does not bring this to just anyone.

No matter where I come to along the path, it seems vital for me to uphold sacred bonds with multiple deities.. more than one of these run deep and I could never commit solely to one in a particular way. I am grateful that the deities in my life understand that, nourish the unique connection and that I can be realistic about it. In many ways has this lifestyle posed unique responsbility for me, and in many ways it is a personal sacrifice of any other type of experience I could be having.

Regardless of what situation it is, there are pros and cons of engaging with those in a similar position as yourself. I couldn't share either.. you've got to be confident though in what you have, if you're going into a place that involves plenty of 'I have's.

Zero
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

PC Paganism (PC means Pop Culture, for anyone tuning in who isn't familiar with the term 'PC Paganism') I feel has created more delusion in the meta community.

Whether it be what I call Pokemon Syndrome (Gotta catch 'em all! Gotta get every single spirit everrrrr!) to living in an anime fantasy world, to the fact that many movie franchises today are creating new fantasy worlds based on mythology. Percy Jackson, Thor and The Avengers, Harry Potter.

PC Paganism is interesting; in it's most basic form it can be viewed as a Chaos type practice as it is based on working with entity and deity servitors/tulpas/anthropomorphic personifications that are based on movie, book, and video game characters. It's pretty cool to me; I've seen a good few people who work with the Daedra from the Skyrim video game.

Howeeeeever.... dear PC Pagans of tumblr.... Just because you work with the Marvel based deity of Loki and read ONE WIKIPEDIA PAGE concerning the traditional Norse mythos which inspired the movie character does NOT mean you get to tell me whether my relationship with my deity WHO IS NOT THE MARVEL BASED ONE is valid or not since you apparently know so much more about him/Him and you also do not get to say that you are married to the Norse Loki when you do not work with Him but instead work with Marvel him!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGH.

Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Galactic Executive
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Durga Suta Putra
Zodiac:

Its amazingly stupid....WHY?

My message to Humans:
All humanoid (this covers other worlds, etc) and human people, are all Gods....We are IT ! And there are differnt levels of activity and being, and some screw up.

Personally, as pansexual, why should anyone jump into the Mediaeval View of friendships and sexualities?

It seems to me that there is a sunami of cr$p in the Occult Metaphysical World these days. There is nothing there that is truly interesting as you have diminished yourself to such a degree that you have made yourself a slave to poor thinking and poor living - both physical and spirited.

Caiyros

EarthGalactics online....
Leautremontmars Virtual Mall
Occult Metaphysical
Children of the Night Lugoss
KittyGirl
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 69
Spelled Number: 6
Your favorite spirit to work with: Incubus/Succubus
If I could be anything, I would be...: Hmmm

There is nothing wrong with being a godspouse at all Styx if someone wants to dedicate their selves to a deity and refer to themselves as godspouse then they're perfectly able to. It's only between the deity and person forming that bond/union. I don't feel like a slave at all I still feel self empowered even if I consider myself as a godspouse doesn't mean I lose my dignity as a human being or woman I am who I am.

Return to “Immortals”