acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Loki, Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Two other threads have had me curious to discuss this... so, I'm opening up a thread for it.

Would anyone care to discuss Godspousery? Your views on it, your knowledge of it, maybe your interest or observance of it, and only if you have no issues with it, if you are one who wears a God's Mark, and which God's Mark you wear...

By no means do I expect anyone to out themselves and what is involved in their contract of union between you and your God... If you want to discuss it without bluntly saying "I'm a Godspouse!", that's perfectly fine.

All I ask is that it be discussed in a respectful manner... I've found some people dislike the idea of Godspousery, even seen other forums where people curse at the idea. Also I ask that you not out anyone else.

So, Godspousery. Anyone?

I will tell you such foul truths and such beautiful lies, you will want to sew my lips shut.

Can a heart still break once it's stopped beating?
4bluefaeries
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 2047
Spelled Number: 60
Your favorite spirit to work with: love them all
If I could be anything, I would be...: immortal/hybrid
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Just call me Blue!
Zodiac:

I would also love to hear about this, nice thread Zero!!!

I'm sorry I don't have any knowledge on the subject, or else I would for sure add. 8

Life is what you make of it.fight for what you believe in.never give up
Heaven doesn't want me , hell is afraid i am going to take over!!
Hysteria
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
If I could be anything, I would be...: upside down
Zodiac:

I would love for this to be explained ... ::Anyone::

into my diamond matrix.....
Hysteria
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

I know i'm double posting but I just looked this up and mainly everyone had experiences with Loki .. is it possible with any other Deities? Why is it so common with him? Now that I know what it's all about I'd love to learn more.

Maythen21
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 30
Zodiac:

First let me just make it clear : I am Not a godspouse.

Keep that in mind.

The relationship I have with the Baron may contain similarities from an external point of view but the internal experience is not marriage of any sort. However, I am absolutely His, and I bear His ink beneath my skin. Our relationship has both paternal and sexual connotations (a mix that freaked me out for a long time) and there are certain physical and spiritual acts I perform in honor of that bond.

However, I have conversed with godspouses, and have learned some very interesting lessons through my interactions. But since each godspouses journey seems rather unique, I'm not certain what you're asking about.

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

luna023 wrote:I know i'm double posting but I just looked this up and mainly everyone had experiences with Loki .. is it possible with any other Deities? Why is it so common with him?
Because godspousery is trending right now, because as many that are serious about their work with deities have a crush on Loki because he's been popularized in today's modern media by Tom Hiddleston and they think Tom Hiddleston is Loki.

Unfortunately..

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Noctifera wrote:
luna023 wrote:I know i'm double posting but I just looked this up and mainly everyone had experiences with Loki .. is it possible with any other Deities? Why is it so common with him?
Because godspousery is trending right now, because as many that are serious about their work with deities have a crush on Loki because he's been popularized in today's modern media by Tom Hiddleston and they think Tom Hiddleston is Loki.

Unfortunately..
Editing to expound;

Fandom meets fanaticism becomes pseudo-paganism; people can get a little overexcited when they realize a god (or any entity of myth) which they have an infatuation with holds basis in reality for certain lifestyles or cultures, and don't always process their actual relationship with the idea or figure before diving right into grandiose or expedited notions of development along that mindset.

Call me a cynic but, while a true bond has the potential to be awakened by a media portrayal.. it's likely the majority are a bit misguided.

Hysteria
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Noctifera wrote:
Noctifera wrote:

Unfortunately..
Editing to expound;

Fandom meets fanaticism becomes pseudo-paganism; people can get a little overexcited when they realize a god (or any entity of myth) which they have an infatuation with holds basis in reality for certain lifestyles or cultures, and don't always process their actual relationship with the idea or figure before diving right into grandiose or expedited notions of development along that mindset.

Call me a cynic but, while a true bond has the potential to be awakened by a media portrayal.. it's likely the majority are a bit misguided.
You stated what I was thinking perfectly! I'm sure Loki doesn't mind at all though lol.

Zero
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Noctifera wrote:
Noctifera wrote:

Unfortunately..
Editing to expound;

I agree with all of that, but a bit sadly, I have to say... the only reason I'm as far into my relationship with Loki is because of the movie introducing Him to me. I likely wouldn't have even learned of His existence until maybe a year later then what I did if not for the first Thor movie. After I learned Tom Hiddleston's role, I started researching the Norse tales of Him and absolutely fell in love.

While I adore Tom Hiddleston's performance of Loki, and do admit a bit of a crush on the sexy Brit, I also have a fully separate representation of Loki aside from the Tom Hiddleston one... I've been seeing recently that people aren't able to separate the two, as you said, and see them as one... Sometimes Loki does like to tease me and shows up as Tom Hiddleston Loki, but He knows very well I can tell the two apart, and that my love between the two varies... Tom Hiddleston has a crush from me, but Loki has my heart. Not many other people recently have been making that differentiation, though...

I will tell you such foul truths and such beautiful lies, you will want to sew my lips shut.

Zero
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

I've been reading a lot of Godspouses blogs and journals around the internet. When I first started researching it I noticed that most of the ones I find are always ones about Loki... at first I figured it was because I have a close relationship with Him. But now that I've been researching it more, I really can't say I have found many other people who have claimed Spousery with any other Gods or Goddesses...

Maybe there aren't as many people who are Spoused to other Gods/Goddesses who openly post about it because they do not want to be open about it, or their Spouse may not want them to be open about it.... Or maybe in all my search I really do keep missing those posts, or maybe there really aren't that many. But Loki isn't really one to hide all His affairs....

Some people don't have the typical lovers type marriage with their God/Goddess... some have sibling-like relationships, or parent-child like relationships. They still are Godspouses and married in their own right to their God/Goddess, but not all marriages are of a lovers based interest, or a sexual one. I've seen one blog where a woman and her husband (her husband being a God, as of which, I cannot remember at all) had a more father-daughter type relationship. They were married, but neither had a sexual interest in the other, the wife is called Daughter by her husband, and she calls her husband Father.

That's interesting to me, how marriages like that can vary from God/ess to God/ess between humans.

There are other spouses whose relationships are pure business. They're married, contracted, Marked and everything, but there is no passion, strong love, lust... they're just business partners. Certainly they get along well, but that's about as far as they go on an emotional level. Not really what I would think of when I hear the term 'married', but every marriage is different... and who am I to define what a marriage constitutes of? I know what mine is, and I don't expect everyone else to go by the same standards.

Return to “Immortals”