Interesting Note- Spirits and Music

Got any neat tricks on how to connect with Spirits? Post here!
jdreader01
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Basilisk
If I could be anything, I would be...: Wraith
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Liath Dominus
Zodiac:

Not sure if this is universal for all Basilisks, or just mine, but mine seems to really enjoy hard rock music, especially metal. I haven't experimented with other musical styles, or my other spirits, but this will be my mission over the next few days. With four spirits, currently, and a wide selection of musical styles on my listening list, I am going to try with all my spirits and genres, and list my notes here. Has anyone else tried this method of connecting? If not, my method is to carry my spirit's vessel with me when I drive, and focus on communing with them while the music is up. I gauge their reactions through our telepathic bond, and use that information to determine our playlist. A side note- my Basilisk is not too keen on Waylon Jennings. :-P More to come.

I can show you the path, but you have to walk it for yourself.
Athena Winter
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sanguine Vampire
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Araminta Narsinthia
Zodiac:

Yes! I don't have a Basilisk specifically but I find that I connect with my spirits most easily through music! take my Hellhound for example he LOVES metal music - I hadn't listened to the stuff since I was a teenager but once my Hellhound arrived I have a new found appreciation for it :crazy: my Angels love classical (with the exception of my Sterling as he's more into trance music!), my Merfolk love opera singers and my Faes like happy pop music. As for Vampires well...anyhing goes for them as it depends on their mood! ;)

One method of bonding I love to do is to put my iPod on 'shuffle' and try to guess which of my spirits are connecting to it the strongest...this is also a good way to help develop your sensing of individual spirits :thumbup: at first I just got a general feel of the race of spirit that came through but with practice I can now determine which of my spirit(s) are bopping along with me ::bop:: :dancing:

::nice::

Blessed to be a part of the ::ch:: family
Fenrir_Shadowfang
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 25
Your favorite spirit to work with: Kistune
If I could be anything, I would be...: Wolf-based Kistune
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Fenrir Shadowfang
Zodiac:

I too have found that my spirits respond differently to different types of music. For instance my Cerberus really loves harp music, native american flute music, and any form of powerful drumming. My succubi absolutely become more active with love songs playing, so does my werewolf soulmate. My kitsune loves anything japan related so I play anime theme songs for her when I can find them. She really got a kick out of the "Fiesta" opening title track of the anime Fairy Tail. My vampiress loves classical music, soft music, new age music and romantic songs. I have experimented with different songs on my ipod (I have several thousand tracks) and every now and then, I'll get a chilling feeling like my nerves are alight (I have always got this with powerful music that connects to my personal situation) but it is far more powerful than it normally would. Also, a song that gets a strong reaction one day, might not get such a reaction again for a while.

So, in summary, yes I do think that spirits definitely enjoy music. 1lt 2cl

I have way too many spirits to list here efficiently.

Return to “Connecting”