NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Everyone
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself.
My magical/paranormal name...: KITTY!!!!!!!!
Zodiac:

Kuraitsubaki wrote:Hello, can spirits be affected from using a sage and clearing/cleansing a space?

I did a cleansing using a sage in my room and I didn't thought about how it would affect my spirits (all their vessels are in my room) until I read about it in the spirit keeping guide book. I wanted to everyone's input on those who are more experienced if this has happened to anyone. Thanks.
You need to ask the conjurer of those spirits. Some are affected,and some aren't.

"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series
ESL80
new here
new here
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: Those in my keep ❤
If I could be anything, I would be...: Me
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: ESL80
Zodiac:

NyctophiliaRaven wrote:So, there are a lot of new conjurers out there lately... how do you know that you're working with someone who knows what they're doing? It's important to know the right questions to ask... and even more important that you educate yourself here, and through the encyclopedia, and by asking a LOT of questions of a LOT of people, so that you know when an answer is a little... hinky. :)

Some hinky things -

Conjuring Boxes. If your conjurer uses a conjuring box, they aren't conjuring, they're using a tool. They're also likely to be doing forced bindings, which means without a contract to protect you or the spirit/entity. Run away. Quickly.

A conjurer who doesn't work with the entities they conjure for some period of time (usually dependant on their own familiarity with the spirit/entity breed and their own abilities to write a contract and conjure and bind) before selling them. How long varies with each conjurer, but EVERY responsible conjurer agrees on this one - you conjure a spirit/entity, and then you spend between a week and a month getting to know them afterwards. THEN you sell. No matter how gifted you are at assessing beings before you conjure or while you are conjuring and binding them, taking time to get to know the nitty-gritty details beyond the broad strokes is VITAL for the safety of your clients, and also, oddly, the entities/spirits themselves... if you know them better, you're less likely to put them with someone who will treat them poorly through any form of misunderstanding.

A conjurer who two weeks ago couldn't see or hear anything. Because that's just obvious. A conjurer who, a year ago, didn't know the difference between binding and attachments is probably someone to be cautious with.

A conjurer not familiar with the basic tools of conjuration (such as being able to erect a circle, or knowing what a magick mirror is).

A conjurer who cannot prove their history in some way - whether by a demonstration of knowledge, or a sound reputation, you want proof. One of the great things about this forum is that you can readily look up almost any paranormal seller right now, and find a review about them somewhere here... you have proof of their service record and the quality of their work. Keep in mind that history is something that is easy to fake to an extent on the internet, but knowledge and reputation are NOT easy to fake. Especially not HERE. The proof, as we say, is in the pudding... and there are a LOT of sugar fiends here who are ready to stand up and shout when their pudding's been spiked with too much of the wrong substances. Dig a little.

I think that's a good beginning on the hinky stuff... now, to the questions a good conjurer should either be able to answer, or should have already answered somewhere on their site. :D

QUESTIONS TO ASK YOUR CONJURER BEFORE PURCHASING FROM THEM -
Every conjurer should be able to answer these basic questions. If they can't or won't, it's time to shop elsewhere.

Where/how did you learn to conjure?

How long have you been conjuring?

How long have you been conjuring on a regular basis (at least monthly)?

How long have you been conjuring this particular species/type of entity?

How do you connect with the entities or spirits that you conjure?

How did you verify the identity and nature of the beings you conjure?

Are you able to see and communicate with those you conjure?

What's the difference, in your mind, between a living entity and a spirit?

In your mind, what is the difference between an attachment and a binding?

What kind of contract/negotiation is used to ensure the safety of the buyer?

What are your binding contract specifications?

How do you verify the contract agreements prior to binding?

Do you have a system in place to protect and defend your conjures - if so, what system?

Under what circumstances will a being be released from its binding?

What problems have you had in the past with your conjures, and how have those problems been addressed?

How do you resolve problems with conjures after adoption if something goes wrong?

What kind of buyer support do you offer after the sale?

What is your refund policy?

Do you allow spirits/entities conjured by you to be transferred/resold?

How do you determine if your spirit/entity suitable for a buyer at their level of experience? What is your adoption policy?

This has been another educational broadcast from your friendly neighborhood nut. 8P :B
Deepest blessings...
Nycto
Thankyou for sharing this. Very vital info! 1rd <3

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Bumping this

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Bump!

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Rungr
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: other Deities
If I could be anything, I would be...: my primordial self
My magical/paranormal name...: Rungr
Zodiac:

I really like the discussion here mainly because I always feel worried for newbies who jump into spirit keeping without using common sense, reviews, "online rep" etc like that isn't always accurate and when we as humans see something that sounds cool, we ignore everything else and focus on want we want and can get, not what is actually there. I always feel people should develop themselves and their senses first and foremost before touching being a keeper, learn to be able to see and sense these beings with a foundation they built for themselves and if they want to then buy a conjure to ask these questions and take everything the conjurer says with a grain of salt.

If you know how to sense and see these things you'll look for yourself, take notes of what is and what isn't and expand your comfort zone because the unknown becomes part of your comfort zone as you develop. Many newbies take what they are told by someone who gives off an air of confidence and experience as gospel even if the seller is literally screaming for them not to.

All in all, I loved reading this lol I always felt bad when new people throw their money at something they can't see or experience first hand and only by second hand.

Meinkráka
Gammleið
Inn bundni áss
I am a Master of my own path.
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons

I think if anyone really asks these questions to conjurers/practitioners/websites, then they will save themselves a great deal of headaches in the future.

We routinely get questions via Helpdesk from people who bought from social media sellers, pop-up practitioners, and boards/sites that were here one day and gone the next. I don't think (for most) they had any malicious intent, they just decided to go another path of life. Not many practitioners actually live this lifestyle 24/7 and they have other jobs & responsibilities that get in the way of them having longevity as a seller. For many ethical reasons we do not do readings on other practitioner's spirits, entities, services, bindings, or anything else. Which means there are times when someone decides they want the work undone or a spirit recalled, and the seller/practitioner who sold it to them left their customers twisting in the wind.

Supporting start-up sellers and sites is great, but you need to know if they disappear tomorrow, how can you undo the work they did? What if you, or the spirit/entity, decides you want to go separate ways, what happens? You need answers to these questions.

There's been an influx of pop-up sites, social groups, buyers-turned-sellers, who come and go (sometimes under multiple names), and it has created more chaos than existed before in longevity. Which means more and more buyers are left wondering what happens when their binding (of any kind) is no longer wanted/needed.

At the very minimum you should have an answer when it comes to "What happens with my spell/service/spirit/entity if you are no longer available".

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

If honest, reasonable questions are treated with disdain or distrust, it should be a source of concern.

That isn’t the same as badgering a shop with questions in the middle of the night, then being upset when there’s not an instant response. It also doesn’t mean “ask the same thing 999 times with 999 different phrasings”. We have to be fair to shop owners. They have lives, too.

But the questions in the OP, as well as things like clarifying questions about a listing you might be buying — especially if it’s a spirit or entity, whose best interests must also be considered — is a reasonable thing to ask of a shop.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Oops. Multiple post.

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Oops. Double post. This isn’t my day, lol.

PowerofMine
new here
new here
You are...: in the learning process
If I could be anything, I would be...: Batkin,Goblin,Djinn
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

Good deal. Thanks so much for such helpful valuable resources.

Not my art in avatar, but how I feel inside

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”