foo dog

Discussion of creatures starting with letters A-J.
Drake
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Don't know yet.
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sausage
My super power would be...: Laser-beam eyes
My magical/paranormal name...: Don't know.
Zodiac:

Assuming that it's there to protect you somehow, you could try explaining to the dog that if at all possible you would rather it accompanied and protected you through your misadventures instead of just preventing you from doing anything. Since the experience in itself, even if it is bad, can be valuable.

NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Everyone
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself.
My magical/paranormal name...: KITTY!!!!!!!!
Zodiac:

Drake... the Fu may not have that ability.

A Fu that's been templed doesn't have the ability to travel away from the temple - the male guards the property and the structure, and the female guards the bloodlines dwelling in the structure... since what approached Sam was male, if it truly was a Fu, it may not be able to leave the home. If it's somehow lost its mate, its only option was to scare the crap out of Sam so Sam wouldn't leave the house either if there was some barrier to communication.

My Fu and I don't have any issues with communication, but if he's got a Templed Fu, then the Feng Shui ritual probably means that the Fu has been given a lingual code. It will take the poor thing time to adapt to Sam's language and be able to explain...

Of course, this is all theory at this point. I haven't MET the Fu, so I can't say even if it's really a Fu, or if it's a Templed one, or anything.

"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series
Drake
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: Don't know yet.
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sausage
My super power would be...: Laser-beam eyes
My magical/paranormal name...: Don't know.
Zodiac:

That sounds like a really bad way to do things, shouldn't there be some sort of release clause or something for them. Like after so many years you're free to wander and such.

NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

They're free when the building no longer exists.

Or, in my bindings - they're free when either you die, or you both mutually agree to separate.

"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

MagickFromtheMysts wrote:They're free when the building no longer exists.

Or, in my bindings - they're free when either you die, or you both mutually agree to separate.
Interesting. Now if someone has a Fu, and they move to a new residence, what happens? Is the Fu bound to whatever building is the keeper's residence, or are they attached forever to the one building even if the keeper moves?

(My logic suggests to me that it's the former, rather than the latter, but as this kind of spirit isn't known to me, I'd rather ask and know than sit and wonder.)

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

It depends on the type of binding, the type of Shi Sa - the Feng Shi Shi Sa binding, where the Shi Sa are actually a part of the structure and so is the ritual, obviously, even if the keepers move, the Fu remain.

With my Shi Sa, and with the Shi Sa that you buy that are portable (yeah, even the door ornament kind - if it's not built as part of the building, if it's placed afterwards and you can carry it with you, it's portable) then obviously, you can take the Fu with you.

If the Fu is bound to a Shi Sa, wherever the Shi Sa is, there the Fu will be.

If the Fu is untempled, then obviously, if they're not wild, then wherever the ritual was performed, until the structure is gone, there the Fu will be. Although an untempled is almost unheard of unless they're wild.

If the Fu is wild and untempled... then congratulations... you've got a friend who can follow you anywhere. Get a Shi Sa vessel for him - you've been Caught. And trust me... it IS that way around and not the other way... they are demigods, and Immortal, and they are not spirits, they are entities... you do not keep them - they choose, and keep, YOU.

However, it's pretty cool to be Kept. :D

Trackersam
new here
new here
You are...: experienced
Your favorite spirit to work with: 0
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

I thank you all for your responses. After much pondering and if I'm remembering the OBE author that got me started, Robert something, and the reason I asked about unbounds, my sense of it now is, there may have been a spirit(entity) lurking about waiting for me to leave so it could occupy my physical vessel, and the foo dog made me stay.

truckingon
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 78
Spelled Number: 30
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
Zodiac:

Old post, but interesting foo dog info

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Zodiac:

So Snow Lions are also known as Fu Dogs? I have a Snow Lion and I didn't realize that they might be known by this other name. Interesting.

I have seen Shisa listed on another vendor's site -- are those the same, as well? I feel drawn to them, but my budget requires that I hold off on making any big purchases.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Beluinus
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 10
Spelled Number: 6
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Beluinus
Zodiac:

I am incredibly surprised that she hasn't posted here yet. I actually got a pair of foo lions/foo dogs from Magickfromthemysts. It was an incredibly powerful calling, and my first, and so far, only entities. They did everything in their power to be sure it was me to get them :U in the words of she who sells them, foo lions are a mated pair that protect the house. A male and female. I believe it was the male who protects the physical, along with wealth, and the female does spiritual and health. Don't quote me on that though ;)

ImageImageImage

Return to “Creatures A-J”