shielding before attempting automatic writing?

Got any neat tricks on how to connect with Spirits? Post here!
Thefuumanchuu
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to fly

halloooo.

i read somewhere that one should shield before doing automatic writing?
however, i've started keeping a dream journal for any happenings, and it's started that in the middle of my entry, my hand starts feeling a little off and my writing gets messier. it's hard to write because it feels that something is physically stopping me from writing my sentences. so i just put the pen on a different part of the paper and my hand does a lot of twitching and i start to scribble, which i ASSUME is someone, something writing for me. the first time i got blotches. the 2nd time i had a crazy dream and the squiggles looked like the letters RUHURT, which i deducted is R U HURT, which i wrote "no :)" and then came another squiggle in the shape of a heart, then 2 dots, with about half an inch of space between them.

so.... is doing this on the fly whenever it happens safe? or should i be protecting myself beforehand? i don't really know when it's going to crop up, since ive written in my journal other times and this didn't happen.

thanks all for any input!

I like Sour Punch Straws.
Nightraven
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 40
Spelled Number: 12
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fae
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I think grounding and shielding is good to do before any paranormal work. Ground and cleanse your energies afterwards.

Phil.

Ghastly grim and ancient raven wandering from the Nightly shore-
Tell me what thy lordly name is on the Night's Plutonian shore!"
Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore."- Poe
silversamhain
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 15
Your favorite spirit to work with: gargoyles/dragonoids
If I could be anything, I would be...: a wyvern
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Caoimhe
Zodiac:

It doesn't sound like it was a particularly mean entity/spirit so I wouldn't worry much, but I would shield a lot if you plan to try automatic writing on purpose. You're basically giving them control of your body....... so it's got a bit more weight than a lot of other paranormal exercises and even though you could probably take care of most things that could go wrong (save a reaaally not-nice entity deciding to hurt you), it'd be a good opportunity for something little that had ill intent to really freak you out.

If it suddenly starts like that again, I'd ask your spirits quickly for protection from anything harmful and as long as you don't have an issue and don't feel anxious you could just keep going C:

I've had some experience with automatic writing with my spirits but I always found pendulums coupled with projected thought to be easier for me. I have had spirit guides of friends suddenly take control of my mouth in the middle of a reading and I've said something really out-of-character or something I didn't know out loud, and didn't realize it was me who said it until I saw my friend's stare. That's just too freaky for me -- I'm not a channeler! -- so I layed down the rules that no spirits I work with are allowed to control any part of me unless I willingly surrender it for a limited amount of time. Setting up rules like that to limit what happens during your automatic writing might be a good idea as a precaution C:

IoNz.S
new here
new here
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 627
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Everything except BA
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

I would advise in doing some kind of protection spells, whatever you are familiar with, before you do any spirit communications. As they say, prevention is better then cure. Do some research, and make sure your intentions are focused, for example if you are thinking of practicing automatic writing with your bound spirits, then say so, something like 'Only xx spirit that is bound to me may communicate to me in xx ways"..

Return to “Connecting”