Help me identify these oceanic entities, please?

Do you want to share an amazing dream? Or would you like to have a dream interpreted? Share it!
Gazelle
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 7
Spelled Number: 9
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I had a dream where I visited the seashore and spoke to two different individuals. This was around the time last year that I first started learning about the existence of the metaphysical world and it really stood out to me as different from most other dreams in my life. I'd really like to figure who/what these entities were so that I may try to reconnect with them.

I arrived at a beach that I had been to before in other dreams. Though I don't consciously remember when I was there, in my dream, I just knew I'd been there. I went to a local village down the shore, through a maze of similar looking little homes, and stopped a particular house that I somehow knew a friend lived in. An old man opened the door and said "Oh you're back!" He invited me in and had a long conversation (the details of which are blurry) where we caught up on our lives. There was nothing physically inhuman about him, he looked like a simple man who had lived by the sea for a long time. He gave me directions to a nearby cove where I could "find what I was looking for," and then went to bed, permitting me to let myself out when ever I was ready. Before leaving, I asked his name. He said it fully, but upon waking, I only remembered the first letter of his name. :daze:

When I found the cove that I was directed to, I swam briefly until a large creature came in from the ocean and started to surface. He was a warm neutral color, like beige or peach, but he didn't surface fully. There were some locals there who got scared by his presence immediately and ran away when he appeared. But I stayed. He, the creature, said to me in a deep voice, "I am looking for someone like you." Then I sat upon a low pier, dipping my feet in the water, and talked with him. After a long conversation, the contents of which I also don't remember now, I awoke. At first, I remembered him as a giant squid, and thus a Kraken would be the closest classification. However, the more I reflect on the dream, it feels like Kraken isn't 100% right, like he could be an animal-like shape shifter of some sort.

What do you think the old man and large water creature in my dream could be?

I ♥ my Werewolf, Gregori Watcher, Brass Dragon, Goddess Djinn, Siren, and Volkhs.

"Beware; for I am fearless, and therefore powerful." - Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

The old man could be a merman. The creature sounds like a kracken or a giant octopus.

Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
silversamhain
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 15
Your favorite spirit to work with: gargoyles/dragonoids
If I could be anything, I would be...: a wyvern
My magical/paranormal name...: Caoimhe
Zodiac:

Sounds like a selkie :D

Selkies, depending on the timeframe or location, could be feared as most of the fae folk or loved. They are seals when they have their skins on, but when they remove them, they are usually 100% human.

Though in some myths, the male selkies are still scary and ugly in human form. Some hybrid human/selkies also have mixed seal/human traits (like webbed fingers/ dappled skin)

Fishermen and coves are fairly prevalent in selkie myths C:

Could also be a merrow maybe?

Very interesting dream!

silversamhain
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 15
Your favorite spirit to work with: gargoyles/dragonoids
If I could be anything, I would be...: a wyvern
My magical/paranormal name...: Caoimhe
Zodiac:

silversamhain wrote:Sounds like a selkie :D

Selkies, depending on the timeframe or location, could be feared as most of the fae folk or loved. They are seals when they have their skins on, but when they remove them, they are usually 100% human.

Though in some myths, the male selkies are still scary and ugly in human form. Some hybrid human/selkies also have mixed seal/human traits (like webbed fingers/ dappled skin)

A big bull seal could seem a bit like a big squid or something I'd imagine, using dream logic. Same coloration for some species.

Fishermen/ old cottage men and coves are fairly prevalent in selkie myths C:

Could also be a merrow maybe?

Very interesting dream!

Shadows_ and_Omens
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 25
Spelled Number: 6
Your favorite spirit to work with: kelpie
If I could be anything, I would be...: not sure
My magical/paranormal name...: Adrien Rook

Found a few things that might be of interest to you:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akkorokamui

http://www.whats-your-sign.com/octopus- ... olism.html

http://www.linsdomain.com/totems/pages/octopus.htm

Hopefully you find at least some of this helpful :)

Gazelle
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

These are all great suggestions! Thank you! A selkie is good match that I didn't consider before. I will definitely look into those legends more. :computer: Never knew about the Akkorokamui until now, but I am very intrigued! It's too bad I wasn't aware of his/her shrines in Japan when I was actually in Japan, in a city with its shrine (shortly after having that particular dream too!). ::facepalm::

I ♥ my Werewolf, Gregori Watcher, Brass Dragon, Goddess Djinn, Siren, and Volkhs.

"Beware; for I am fearless, and therefore powerful." - Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Funkychicken
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Chicken
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Chicken
My magical/paranormal name...: Chicken Noodle Soup
Zodiac:

Gazelle wrote:These are all great suggestions! Thank you! A selkie is good match that I didn't consider before. I will definitely look into those legends more. :computer: Never knew about the Akkorokamui until now, but I am very intrigued! It's too bad I wasn't aware of his/her shrines in Japan when I was actually in Japan, in a city with its shrine (shortly after having that particular dream too!). ::facepalm::
Curious, what was the first letter of his name?

Chicken Noodle Soup with a soda on the side
Gazelle
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

"J" (pronounced like the Spanish J, or the English H sound). Amazing that I can remember that but not the full name. That's dream memory for you. :?

Return to “Dreams/Dream Interpretation”