Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Witch
If I could be anything, I would be...: Me
My magical/paranormal name...: Winter Gryphon
Zodiac:

Daneerie wrote:
Gryphonista wrote:I just finally started working with mine, and it is crazy-awesome!!!! 3 thumbs up :U
Gryphonista... I know it's off-topic but your Edward Cullen's Ashes cracked me up :lol:

:U TY! I have a new one, but can't get it resized to fit :0
myimmortal1 wrote:I too am learning tarot so I thank you for the positive feedback... :U ...does anyone have one of the custom decks? 8Z I would like to work with one of those...but cant choose which one... :: ....lol

:candle: Love, Light, and Blessings :candlep:
Yes, I thought I would have trouble picking too, till I saw the pic of my deck, and it was like :T :Y It clicks really well :*3

"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper." ~Eden Phillpotts
ImageImage
MarkXander
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 333
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Mark Xander
Zodiac:

I recently purchased a CH RW deck and have 0 experience with tarot decks. would anyone like to provide a good source for getting started?

I was also suggested to not read any books just go with intuition with what the pictures mean to you?

Can anyone vouche for that or provide a great resource i can get started with :)

Super excited for it to show up :D i Believe its a custom item so i think i may have to be patient :P

Divine Angel, Courtwind Angel x4, Astral Angel, Sparkling Angel, Volkh, Watcher, Succubus, Were Cat Shifter, Kitsune, Gold Dragon, Black Clan Dragon, Death Angel, Witch, Red Dragon, Cat Familiar, Sorcceress, Were-Bear, Arkan Sonney, Wood Eld, Mermaid, Silver Dragon, Portal Fae, Psy Vamp, Alya, Fire Fae, Gryphon, Sterling Angel, Wraith, Garden Elf Oagi Alliance
Loverboy
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: incubus
My magical/paranormal name...: Dorian Grey
Zodiac:

Hi folks, thinking of getting these Tarot cards to aid communication with my Sanguine Vampire.

Do the cards work with ALL spirits. Are they easy to work with, as I've never used Tarot cards

Cheers

Instrument of the end fire083
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 28
Your favorite spirit to work with: Anything willing
If I could be anything, I would be...: High Elven
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Melindrose
Zodiac:

Loverboy wrote:Hi folks, thinking of getting these Tarot cards to aid communication with my Sanguine Vampire.

Do the cards work with ALL spirits. Are they easy to work with, as I've never used Tarot cards

Cheers
Ch has greatly simplified things with this set. For communication of say a yes no question type scenario you use only two cards. And yes they work with everything.

All my freestyle dancing is essentially magic
To be the left hand of a god.
Loverboy
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: incubus
My magical/paranormal name...: Dorian Grey
Zodiac:

Thanks.

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)

Hi guys I've just purchased a CH deck and waiting for it to deliver. I've never used any form of mancy, so this is a bit of a stretch for me. I communicate with most of my spirits telepathically, so the deck would be sort of a confirmation or backup. I figured it could be fun, but if I just get confusing stuff I probably won't stick with it.

Any recommendations on preparing to use the cards? How specific of a question is too specific to get a real reading for? I plan to play with it for at least a month to get a feel for it.

I was drawn to runes for whatever reason originally, but I really don't want to learn how to read them right now. LOL Of course I guess learning to read the cards is the same thing. LOL

Instrument of the end fire083
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 28
Your favorite spirit to work with: Anything willing
If I could be anything, I would be...: High Elven
My magical/paranormal name...: Melindrose
Zodiac:

Save the directions for the cards, yes no questions are the easiest to confirm with the cards.

All my freestyle dancing is essentially magic
To be the left hand of a god.
Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member

Hi all, I have an update on my first CH Tarot Deck experience and a small review.

The cards were included in a small white burlap drawstring bag and were larger than I expected. When I opened the small bag to see the cards I was a little disappointed. I expected a more polished set of cards, honestly. These look like they are custom printed by CH on thick card stock by hand and the artwork is simplistic and doesn't really speak to me. The card stock is so thick I feel like they are printed almost on really thin cardboard or a thick poster board. The tree symbols are small and I find identifying the colors of the trees a little difficult in some cases. I likewise have difficulty identifying the bottom left-hand symbols on the cards as they are small and difficult to make out clearly (at least, to me). For example, the flying frog and girl looks more like a fairy and you have to look really close to figure out what it really is.

Based on the instructions provided, I can say for the price they are excellent for the work and thought put into them as a small set of tarot for spirit communication and quick general use, but they have a bit of a utilitarian look and feel to them that is somewhat off-putting to me. Appearances and aesthetics are not impressive, if that means anything to anyone. A tarot collector would not likely appreciate them in comparison with other decks out there (assuming a collector is looking for artwork that speaks to them). However, for a reduced deck of cards with a lot of thought and purpose put into them that are easy to read and interpret I would say they are a great set from that regard. Being someone who has never read tarot beyond sifting through a deck and wondering what all those symbols and numbers mean, having a simple set with straight-forward instructions that I don't have to study a book to figure out is pretty nice.

That said, I won't lie. I was so disappointed with the cards' aesthetics that I did not work with them for nearly a month. I wasn't sure what to think about them, and to be fair I probably expected more from them than I should have, at least aesthetically.

I pulled the cards out last night and decided to work with them and communicate with one of my spirits that I already know a bit about from telepathic communications. I used just the two cards for yes and no answers to keep it simple. I raised a shield and started telepathic communication asking the spirit to influence the cards for the answers. Since you use only two cards for yes and no questions, I shuffled through them with my eyes closed, changing direction often, to ensure that I could not guess which card was which. I did this between every question and drew the top card for an answer.

I kept the questions simple and most of them limited to things I already knew about the spirit - their appearance, likes, confirming their name. I asked a question that I was surprised to see a "No" answer to and then followed up asking if they were saying that to be funny (I had a feeling the card turned up as a joke) and the next card response was "Yes". All in all the responses were confirming of what I knew and accurate. I was very impressed, this being my first experience with using them to communicate. I expected random nonsensical responses and I definitely didn't see any (beyond the outlier that was a "joke").

I then used the cards to do a quick read of the current state of my 3 bodies (and where to focus on next with them) and a general reading overall, using the two layouts on the directions' examples. Note that I do not know any official tarot card layouts so I would not have a clue other ways to use these cards. Anyways, I have to say the 3 body reading seemed relatively insightful. The cards indicated that my focus for my Astral and Spiritual bodies should be on the Physical, and that my focus with my Physical body should be on the Astral. I interpreted this to mean I should work connecting and aligning my bodies to my physical and that I should focus on learning astral projection and travel, or perhaps connecting to the astral in general.

As for the general reading I honestly can't remember what it showed, but the overall impression I had was that it was interesting and insightful. I also tried the reading described in the instructions to determine the next spirit that I should work with, which I felt is a little clunky since there are few spirit types in the cards that I actually have in my keep (there are only 10 spirit types on the cards). Of course, that doesn't mean the reading would be wrong, just that I cannot work with that spirit because there isn't one in my keep. At any rate, since I did not have the first spirit in my keep (a unicorn) I tried the reading again and the result was a werewolf, which I do have in my keep, so I thought this reading might be somewhat helpful in the future as well.

In conclusion, as a tool, I think these cards work very well and their simplicity allows for you to lean into your intuition to understand/interpret the insights. For communication with spirits, especially the Yes and No, I found the cards very useful indeed and accurate. If you want a simple and easy tool to help in your spirit communication or even for general quick readings for yourself, I say go for these cards - you can't beat them for the price and their use is easy to understand. If you are looking for cards with great artwork or fancy polish and hoping to make a connection based on a theme these are likely not the cards for you.

Anyways, I hope this was helpful for those of you curious about the CH Tarot. 2hp

Shiro1331
new here
new here
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

I know this is an older but this was a very well written review/ experience!!! Thank you for sharing!!!

I also wanna bump this thread to see if anyone else has experience ? I dont think CH even sells them anymore… but still curious. I actually have a deck that ive never utilized but i think its time to give it a shot

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member

Shiro1331 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:20 pm I know this is an older but this was a very well written review/ experience!!! Thank you for sharing!!!

I also wanna bump this thread to see if anyone else has experience ? I dont think CH even sells them anymore… but still curious. I actually have a deck that ive never utilized but i think its time to give it a shot
Interesting. I received a second CH Tarot deed book as a freebie altar tool a little while back. But you seem to be correct. Multiple searches in the shop came up blank. That's surprising. It wasn't an AMAZING set of cards, but it was very useful.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin

Return to “Magickals/Enchanted”