Number of Spirits: 44
Spelled Number: 23
Your favorite spirit to work with: Marid Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Siren
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Onyx
Zodiac:

Hello All,

I've been a keeper for two or so years now and I just realized, I really don't know how to communicate with them or even what to look out for when they are around or are trying to communicate with me.

Does anyone know anyone who is willing to take their time to write up a tutorial on how to communicate with their spirits? Something like this may already be out there but I haven't found it yet. :)

Thanks all!! <3

LOVE
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

That's part of what we're doing with the "What's in the Box?" exercises, one of which is in progress now. Use any technique you wish to develop to determine what's in the box. The people who wish to develop spirit communication can use that method. The ones who wish to sharpen their own psychic skills can do that.

Look up meditation techniques. A lot of them will involve sitting down in a quiet place, where you will not be disturbed and when the lights are dim, and visualizing the white light slowly moving up from the bottom of your feet, all the way through your body to the top of your head. Then you train your focus on what you want to meditate on, ignoring all stray thoughts that pop up. Stray thoughts will pop up for sure, if you are new to meditating. When they do, give them no attention at all. Keep your attention on what you're meditating on. In this case, it will be "What's in the box?" When you're done, you can gradually come back to full activity by visualizing the white light moving down from the top of your head, through your body, to the bottom of your feet. Collect yourself for a little while, until you feel more alert, and then write down the answer what was in the box. Then post it in the thread. :)

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Onyx51
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Zodiac:

Likes2Read wrote:That's part of what we're doing with the "What's in the Box?" exercises, one of which is in progress now. Use any technique you wish to develop to determine what's in the box. The people who wish to develop spirit communication can use that method. The ones who wish to sharpen their own psychic skills can do that.

Look up meditation techniques. A lot of them will involve sitting down in a quiet place, where you will not be disturbed and when the lights are dim, and visualizing the white light slowly moving up from the bottom of your feet, all the way through your body to the top of your head. Then you train your focus on what you want to meditate on, ignoring all stray thoughts that pop up. Stray thoughts will pop up for sure, if you are new to meditating. When they do, give them no attention at all. Keep your attention on what you're meditating on. In this case, it will be "What's in the box?" When you're done, you can gradually come back to full activity by visualizing the white light moving down from the top of your head, through your body, to the bottom of your feet. Collect yourself for a little while, until you feel more alert, and then write down the answer what was in the box. Then post it in the thread. :)
Thank you Like2Read! :) I appreciate your feedback and answer very very much! :)

LOVE
shadowdust
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 27
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: I don't know
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: I dont have a magical name
Zodiac:

This thread of Ikabard is sum up all common forms of spirit communication.

http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/vie ... 63&t=51236

Onyx51
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

shadowdust wrote:This thread of Ikabard is sum up all common forms of spirit communication.

Awesome shadowdust! Thank you! :)

LOVE
Onyx51
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Onyx51 wrote:
shadowdust wrote:This thread of Ikabard is sum up all common forms of spirit communication.

Awesome shadowdust! Thank you! :)
Quick question; For those who new to the arts and are interested in using a pendulum to communicate with spirits and don't know how to protect themselves, how would they go about protecting themselves before using a pendulum or Ouija board?

LOVE
brimstone
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced

I used to use Ouija boards A LOT . I just cast a circle, stated my protective intentions and there ya go... I personally wouldn't use a board for communicating with my spirits- I attract too many tricksters, even with protection... If I ever get around to using my pendulum, I'll set it up the same way as the board.

Onyx51
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

brimstone wrote:I used to use Ouija boards A LOT . I just cast a circle, stated my protective intentions and there ya go... I personally wouldn't use a board for communicating with my spirits- I attract too many tricksters, even with protection... If I ever get around to using my pendulum, I'll set it up the same way as the board.

I remember back in the day, I didn't take precautions when playing with Ouija Boards. I wouldn't dare do it without protection now! LOL.

Thank you Brimstone! :)

LOVE
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Zodiac:

I posted this in another thread, but it's worth repeating in this one.

I have been active psychically since age 12. I turned 50 last fall, and I still practice every day. Every. Day. No exceptions. So if the people who are experienced find daily practice a necessity, that should be an indicator that everyone who wishes to begin using their skills, or refine their newly-discovered abilities, needs to practice. Sitting and wishing doesn't get the job done. Only practice does.

So here are some ideas. Start with the meditation techniques of your choice (see my above post). There's a whole ton of meditation music, if that's what suits you, to be found on YouTube and on free streaming services like Spotify (my particular favorite for finding albums), Pandora, you name it.

Then, with or without the music to guide your meditation, try exercises like these:

When I got my first Cat Familiar spirit, Annika suggested getting her acclimated to her duties by having her predict just one lottery number, regularly. Just one digit or just one number, not the entire thing. So do this regularly.

I have been asking my Equines to predict race outcomes. They were correct in picking the winner of the Kentucky Derby and Preakness (and they are leaning toward a Triple Crown this year, as things stand now, provided California Chrome remains healthy). I am not recommending placing any bets on races or even the lottery, mind you -- we're just aiming for some straight-up predictions here. Ask your spirits to predict the winner, or to pick one or more of the horses who'll finish in the top three.

Take a deck of playing cards. Set the jokers aside. Draw the top card face-down. Ask your spirits if it's red or black, or ask them what the suit is. Write your answer down. Turn the card over and note the answer. Continue to do this exercise repeatedly. You might find it easier to start with just red/black if you are unaccustomed to receiving telepathic input.

Follow current news stories. Pick a current headline and ask your spirits what TOMORROW'S reporting on that story will be like. Write down your answer. Check your results when tomorrow's news comes out.

DO NOT berate yourself over wrong answers. They'll happen. Instead, pay attention to everything about how that answer "felt" and sounded to you.

DO be happy about correct answers. Those will also happen. But what's important is to pay strict attention to what that correct answer "felt" and sounded like, because THAT is the feeling that you are going to aim for every time, once you learn to recognize it for what it is.

Now, go and practice. Do something now. :) Heck, there's a "What's in the box?" thread currently on the Spirit Keeping subforum, so you can begin there.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons

When it comes to communicating with spirits you should learn not to overlook the subtle.

Telepathy is the most common form of communication and obviously the quickest! Remember not to overlook the thoughts, messages, and dreams that come to you. Especially if you feel they aren't exactly how you would normally feel/think.

Protection is paramount in all things paranormal, not just spirit communication. If you haven't already you should invest in casting spells yourself, having spellcast vessels, protective spirits, etc.

This is a protection ritual Ash posted: http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/vie ... 3&p=139646

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER

Return to “Spirit Tasking”