Site Admin
Site Admin
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

There is no doubt the 21st century has become that of the disposable life. While its beginnings were in the 20th century, it wasn't that long ago many items in daily life were valuable. People bought protective rubbers for their shoes, as shoes weren't readily available or cheap... clothes, blankets, & other textiles were repaired not replaced... the daily tools we all use were items that people kept 10 times longer than we do now; furniture, appliances, writing instruments, cars, etc.

In this revolutionary life where items are made for the masses and not for the individual, it's easy to get caught up in the disposable life. However, as difficult as it may be, it's essential for Spirit Keepers, Paranormal Collectors, & Magick Enthusiasts to separate that lifestyle from their path. You cannot have the disposable life when you're in the metaphysical. The time tables of the supernatural are not the "I want it, and I want it now!", or "If I don't get what I want, I'll get another" of the 21st century.

They say patience is a virtue, in the supernatural patience is a necessity. Without patience you will find yourself tossed into a sea of confusion, misunderstanding, and lost opportunities as you try to force things to happen when you want them to happen. The rushed life is not the life for spirits or magick. As they are beyond the constraints and restrictions of time. They do not have the sense of urgency you have, nor do they feel they are bound by the necessity to act upon command. They feel the necessity, instead, to act when needed and when appropriate.

The disposable life will likely prove to be unhelpful for all people as the future develops for mankind, but it is absolutely detrimental to those who are Spirit Keepers, Magick Enthusiasts, and Paranormal Collectors. It will kill any chance of complete development and enlightenment. Even if you have to consciously remind yourself at first, you have to be aware that nothing with the metaphysical is disposable or replaceable simply because it doesn't live up to your "now, now, now" demands.

Find the path of true understanding, and give yourself a chance.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
darklordmidnight
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 47
Your favorite spirit to work with: Servitors
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My magical/paranormal name...: kelistarian
Zodiac:

well said Magnolia

"I may be a Construct, But I Feel, Love, and Want. Does That Not Make Me A Living Being?"

"7 Years Have Gone, It Can No Longer Be Left Undone
The Candle Must Be Burn Again, And Pain
Must Follow the Unholy Flame
So Burn...Burn...Burn
And Free the Spirit From Its Chain"
vex3521
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Aesir
If I could be anything, I would be...: immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Elyn Ravenwood
Zodiac:

So very well put Magnolia thank you.

So many people take for granted the conveniences we are afforded. Gives me pause to be thankful my "do for myself " stance in areas that avoid the now, now, now world that seem odd to friends and family. Yes I can just go buy a new blanket but I have the tools and abilities to be able to make one whether it be sewn, quilted or crocheted.... takes longer but the end result is so much greater.

I wish more people had the time and desire to get back to simpler living. The world would be a far better place. With casting it isn't ever instant.... sometimes we get more subtle results like finding a forgotten bill tucked away in a jacket pocket when we had asked for more wealth but with patience and persistence what is meant to be will be.

WA&DA&BA in all shapes and sizes found in this home
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

Absolutely with you on this.

Unfortunately I believe this reminder will fall on many deaf ears, as it is difficult for society today to escape the pressures of convenience and their natural conditioning to it - especially the more they want something. And the path of spirit-keeping and magick is so amazing that there is a defiant desire to progress clouding this simple truth. Ironic since that truth is the key to that progression. It would be great if more could see this, but I think it will be over time of trial and error.

I've seen many have to believe they have completely failed before recognizing their outlook is the issue.

monica
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
My super power would be...: Ability to fly

Thank you so much for posting this, Magnolia. The message is both very timely and relevant for me.

I worked on the trading desk at an investment bank for 8 years, and the "now, now, now" mentality was pretty much ingrained in me from the first day on the job. I recently completed a Masters then spent several months traveling, but I still can't seem to shake the attitude of "I want what I want right now".

It truly embarrasses me to think of everything I've taken for granted in my life. I can only hope to do better and be better going forward. I can tell I have a lot to learn from my new spirit family.

"All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on" ~Havelock Ellis
Kahlal
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Shifters
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My magical/paranormal name...: Kahlal

Really needed this today as I was getting impatient about some things. Thanks Magnolia for the reminder!

starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
Zodiac:

I come from the area of keeping what I have, get it fixed if it needs to be, and the hubby is the same way, in fact it he will hold on to things until they can't be fixed or it just falls apart!!! :lol: :lol:

However we both like to hang on to things that we feel works best for us, we have made changes when we needed to and update things like our computers and phones when we feel that we should!!!!

I also know the feeling of i want it and I wanted it yesterday, hehehehehe, but I also know that there are things that you have to work at and keep track of your progress and also remembering to actually enjoy the progress that you make, instead of rushing to get something else!!! Things take time and sometimes it can be very slow, if you are someone who is brand new to the spirit keeping world, like any n relationship, it is going to take some time to develop that relationship, it will not happen over night or in just a few days, it can take years!!!!! There is a lot to learn and a lot to do with not only your spirits, but mainly with yourself!!!!! 7\

starfire ::dragons::

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Galactic Executive
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Durga Suta Putra
Zodiac:

YEA TEAM !

A rough quote of the late, great Sir Arthur C. Clarke:

"The Odds against being born at all and live on the forever dual highway of time, is something like:
3,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 to 1"

A rough quote of the late, great visionary of knowledge spreading - Hugo Gernsback:

In Whatever you, Never, Ever, Lose, and instead maintain always - Your Own Sense of True Wonder."

A rough quote of the late, greatest woman of the 20th Century, Helen Keller:

"No one has a right to consume happiness without producing it."

The great Mark Twain ( mentor of Helen Keller)

"Its no wonder that Truth is stranger than Fiction. Fiction has to make sense."

And Wonderful Will Rogers, Senior:

“There are three kinds of men. The ones that learn by readin’. The few who learn by observation.
The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.”

Caiyros

EarthGalactics online....
Leautremontmars Virtual Mall
Occult Metaphysical
Children of the Night Lugoss
Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

Nothing worth having is disposable.

Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
Ravenskye
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 30
Spelled Number: 12
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Pan Were
My magical/paranormal name...: RavenSkye
Zodiac:

Thank you, Magnolia. Wonderful relevant post and a great reminder.

Return to “Magnolia”