Discussions on specific immortals.
Devika
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

I lifted this from another thread -
Zelda wrote:A little warning about Loki - I'm not trying to discourage you. I have known a couple of people who were Lokians and they worked very well with him, but... Loki will crash through your barriers, kick your feet out from under you, shake up your life and throw you down the path you should be on. He gets things done, but he isn't gentle about it. If you want to get somewhere and you don't care what you have to go through to get there, Loki's your guy. You've been through so much already, I just want you to be aware of how he can be. That's not to say he's always like that, I don't know, but he was for them. :hug:
I'm searching for scary Lokian experiences right now cos something might happen in my life soon that won't be gentle, ideally... & I'm hoping it'll happen too, actually, but I can't say I'm not a little scared, lol. Like excited-scared...preparing for worst-case scenario & hoping I escape unscathed lol... & I'm actually tempted to call for Loki's help with this (before his binding arrives), if his hand isn't in it already (I already have 2 Asian spirits with me who are very Lokian in the way they work, the cheeky bastards, so what I sense coming could be their work too).

I read a lot of warnings like that bolded above... but, ultimately, while things are all crashing & burning around you, will you be hurt in the process? Anyone have such Lokian experiences they're willing to share?

"I may be on the side of the angels. But don't think for one second that I am one of them."
Aurum
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals
Zodiac:

I have one experience I can share. It has not been particularly scary or destructive, though.

I saw a very impressive vision of Loki in maybe 2012. He came to me with storm on his back, black hair, scarred lips and a weapon, probably a sword strapped on his back. Everything about him spoke of overwhelming power and chaos and as I later found out, looks like that in his world breaker aspect.
I kept waiting for some huge change to take place for a long time, but my life seemed to be very stagnant instead.

It wasn't until I mentioned it in chat a while ago that I was told that not every world that breaks is huge, monumental occurrence. That was a huge revelation to me as I realised that around the time he had appeared to me I had started to drift apart from majority of my friends. We have become more distant and I feel we don't have that much in common anymore.

So there, that's on of my experiences with him. Something that could have potentionelly sounded a bit scary if I had known beforehand what was to happen but I'm happy with the way things are right now.

jasbro07
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: fallen angels
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: lovesclimbingthruwindows
Zodiac:

Devika wrote: I'm searching for scary Lokian experiences right now cos something might happen in my life soon that won't be gentle, ideally... & I'm hoping it'll happen too, actually, but I can't say I'm not a little scared, lol. Like excited-scared...preparing for worst-case scenario & hoping I escape unscathed lol... & I'm actually tempted to call for Loki's help with this (before his binding arrives), if his hand isn't in it already (I already have 2 Asian spirits with me who are very Lokian in the way they work, the cheeky bastards, so what I sense coming could be their work too).

I read a lot of warnings like that bolded above... but, ultimately, while things are all crashing & burning around you, will you be hurt in the process? Anyone have such Lokian experiences they're willing to share?

I had a sense of a necessary change last year sometime. A meeting and deepening of me and my shadow. I won't go into many details but as fate would have it Noc offered her Loki Rite/Initiation at that time and I jumped at the chance.

I got what I asked for, what I needed though at the time I really couldn't put it in words. Just a really deep knowing that I needed to face my inner demon and either get over it or embrace it.

I think I may have been lucky as I had no expectation of What exactly should happen or how, just a general direction and a need for deeper integration.

Scary.... yes but I wanted that. Thing is, I don't think when faced with these kinds of transformations that we get something that we're not. It is scary cuz we're confronted with the unknown and unacceptable parts of ourselves but its not like it isn't US. Still, that can be pretty intimidating to see what lives within. Not to judge it, not even necessarily to understand it; but to embrace, to accept and to believe.... that can curl ones hairs unexpectedly.

Was I hurt in the process? I would say definitely my ego was. But I did understand that was part of the process and invited it. the ego has to be broken in some manner so we can grow a stronger one. m2c - ciao

also, afterthought re getting hurt in the process. I think a little bit of respect goes a long way. Respect towards one's self and one's process; respect for the gods/daemons/spirits that one engages along the way. my mantra; be respectful then take a deep breath and scream yes. woohoo see what happens and be willing to pick up pieces afterwards. but that's just me.

8Z
Last edited by jasbro07 on Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

'I would rather be whole, then be good.....'
Carl Jung

“Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my Fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past me, I will turn to see Fear’s path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.”
Dune by Frank Herbert
Aurum
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals
Zodiac:

Woops, sorry for my typos. Typing while playing with my dog is not a good idea.

Devika
neophyte
neophyte

Aurum wrote:It wasn't until I mentioned it in chat a while ago that I was told that not every world that breaks is huge, monumental occurrence.
I love this, somehow this message really resonates with me...

"I may be on the side of the angels. But don't think for one second that I am one of them."
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

From my own personal experience I cannot divulge the 'scariest' of times, as it is a very private matter that's still impacting me. But the nature of that tells you something about what could happen. I believe this potential is not thrown at just anyone at just any stage of understanding so not really something to worry about.
I've had many encounters that would easily disturb or crush others, but for me were simply a matter of demanding in your moment of despair and getting.. be careful what you wish for rings true ;)

I have been working with Loki the majority of the time in his destroyer/usurper aspect for 6 years or so now. It isn't always Loki himself but the Chaos he is spawned which follows me. I asked for that and yet one can never be totally prepared for what is most necessary.

You've received great responses above, and I would just add on the question of 'will you be hurt in the process?'..
Yes, you will be if you aren't able to embrace the change, and many can't avoid the hurt that comes before recognizing the necessity. This is why seeking out Loki, you will get a caution.. should this aspect of him present itself to you and should you be unfamiliar, it won't be pretty and you may emotionally struggle for a long time before accepting the fire is your friend.

My masochism must be evident in what I take now with great pleasure from the likes of Loki.
Just as in the old myths, one will see that a transformation provoked by the hand of chaos will bring the most genuine balance, good and/or happiness in the end.

Lord Validus
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 6
If I could be anything, I would be...: My future self
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Meliora Validus
Zodiac:

To create order, true order, you must first create chaos. If a world is rotten then it must be burned to the ground so that a new, better, world may rise from the ashes of the old. It is as they say: order from chaos.

Devika
neophyte
neophyte

Lol my 2 Loki-ish Asian spirits incited quite a bit of chaos to get me to a better place, & their actions still impact me now...& I love them for it. With Loki in the mix...woowhee...

Somehow, the thought "Be Buddha" keeps popping into my head :crazy:

Zero
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Loki, Immortal
Zodiac:

I have panic attacks, and have been getting them more frequently the past few months. Hell, at this point I may as well just go to the doctor and see if I have PTSD. It wouldn't surprise me if I do.

Anyways, about a month ago, I have no idea how, but I got triggered, bad. I spent 3 days in the pre-panic attack mode. It's hard to explain, but if anyone has ever had a panic attack, you know what it feels like when you feel one coming on. On the fourth day, right when the attack was finally about to explode, I somehow managed to gain my composer, calmed myself down and managed to not have the rest of the attack. Those 3 days were pure agony.

Loke's been helping me learn to keep my composure. Here I thought He was only doing it because I have a bad temper. Turns out, He's been preparing me for over a year on how to learn to deal with these panic attacks, before I started having them. He knew long before I did that I was going to start having them, so He started kicking my butt with learning how to compose myself. It sucks, it really does, but frankly, if I can't compose myself with these panic attacks, how am I supposed to work, to live? I can't.

Panic attacks hurt. Emotionally, physically; they make you wish for death. Loke's been helping me deal with them. Hel, on a few occasions He's the one that CAUSED the freakin' attack. All to help me learn, though. By no means was it fun, but, I came out, scared, but alive.

I will tell you such foul truths and such beautiful lies, you will want to sew my lips shut.

Can a heart still break once it's stopped beating?
Maythen21
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 30
Zodiac:

Part of how rough Loki is on you is how much you resist, but asking if it's going to hurt or be scary is sort of like being worried that when you're dropped in the middle of the ocean, you might get wet. Just accept that there will be at least some measure of both and either accept it, embrace it, or get out of the way.

Right now his name is out in media and getting notice... so those who have worked with Him tend to try to emphasize that He's not just a hollywood sexy bad boy anti-hero but a complex, chaotic, and often catastrophic force.

But you want a scary story, right? How about a snapshot instead, just a little taste.

Imagine having your lips sewn shut with thick thread and a blunt needle. Then dislocating both your thumbs to get your hands loose from the rough ropes binding your wrists, so you can pick the stitches out using the pointed shards of glass shoved under your fingernails.

Congratulations, you've won the opportunity to scream.

Return to “Immortals - Specific”