Get Started Communicating NOW With Your Spirits!

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I posted the following info in response to another poster's question, and it occurred to me that it's a message I would like to send to ALL brand-new keepers, the ones who say they can't communicate with their spirits. So I thought I would start a new thread and copy/paste it.
---
Telepathy is the easiest way. I really recommend that anyone who is interested in spirit keeping start to practice using it. Yes, it is not always clear at first. That's OK. Practice will improve it.

You could do what my friends and I did as kids (age 12). We didn't start with spirits, we started with pets. So if you have any pets in the house, tune in to THEM, too. Now when I was 12, I perceived animals as speaking in sentences, because that was what my 12-year-old brain could process. But now what I pick up has at least as much an emotional and sensory experience as there is of a verbal component. Therefore, listen for that, too, not just for words.

If you haven't got flesh-and-blood people to practice with (such as you and the spirit agree on a color, and your partner tries to perceive what color it is), you can use other tools like a deck of cards. Draw a card face-down. Have your spirit tell you if it's red or black. Check your results. LOG your results -- the farther above 50% (the chance score) you are, the more likely there is something psionic going on.

Once you get comfortable with red-and-black, you can up the ante and ask for specific suits. The farther above 25% (chance) you go, the better you're doing.

When you're happy with that, fine-tune it a bit more. Take the Ace through 5 of all four suits (20 cards total). Start asking for what the face value of the card is. The farther above 20% you go, the better.

Or you could invest in a Zener deck... look at the listing carefully to be sure you are not buying a marked deck! These are cards that were designed for ESP experiments, and stage magicians are aware of this and so there are now Zener props available, marked decks for use in their stage shows. If you want to be sure that your experiments are not spoiled by accidentally seeing the mark on the card, then keep away from marked decks.

Then, while you are doing the above things, watch the forum for the "What's in the box?" threads in the Spirit Tasking section. USE THOSE THREADS. I'm serious. There really is no substitute for practice, practice, and more practice, and the only way to do it is to DO it. You won't get a better opportunity to practice both your own psionic skills AND your communication skills with your spirits, as you task them with examining the box's contents and reporting it back to you.

By the time my friends and I discovered spirit communication, at age 14, we had already been working with animals for two solid years. The foundation was already built for us. But YOU won't have to wait for two years to get results. Unless you were born with non-physical senses wide open, however, you WILL have to start where we started, with zero experience and practicing on a regular basis. And that's OK.

So for anyone who wants to communicate, Step One is to stop self-identifying as a person who can't do this. Never describe yourself that way again. Instead, become a person who is practicing this, is learning this, etc. Or, even better, self-describe as someone who is DOING this. Update your internal dialogue to include your inborn ability to communicate, and never look back.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Kaliopia
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 68
Spelled Number: 280
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Kaliopia Amethyst Rayne
Zodiac:

Well said Likes2Read! Perfect for beginners, and those looking for other ways to work on their abilities!

I wanted to throw in a fun technique I used to do to work on my abilities. I picked up paint sample cards from the hardware store, one of each color of the rainbow. Shuffle the cards upside down so you can't see the color. Pick one, and try to figure out which color it is. I discovered with this technique that I was more able to feel the colors rather than see the color in my mind.

Also, I want to add...the one thing I learned over the years is don't doubt yourself. When it comes to abilities, self doubt is the biggest hurdle to get to over. You have to learn to trust yourself, your abilities, and your spirits. Once you learn to let loose and just go with it, things will start to flow so much easier!

Morgana
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon & vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Morgana
Zodiac:

Wonderful post Likes2read!
Blessings,
M. 8)|*

"YOU CANNOT TRAVEL ON THE
PATH UNTIL YOU BECOME
THE PATH ITSELF." Buddha
fyrelite
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 34
Spelled Number: 8
Zodiac:

This is a fantastic idea for those who have trouble communicating! I never even thought to do this type of thing when I was first learning. Wish this posted existed long ago hehe. Good job, Likes2Read!!

1 arkan sonney, 1 bernbaud dragon, 1 black dragon, 1 bronwyn angel, 1 cambion, 1 caberra, 1 cherris dragon, 1 djinn, 1 fire faery, 1 divine dragon, 1 silver dragon, 1 hippogryph, 1 gryphon, 1 pegasus, 1 phoenix, 1 arklight dragon, 1 midnight dragon, 1 briar cove dragon, 1 baby black/gold dragon, 1 volkh, 1 weretiger, 1 blood unicorn, 1 hellhound, 1 delica faery, 1 sterling angel, 2 divine angels, 1 star faery, 1 white dragon, 1 golden high elf, 1 vorin, 1 concuan, 1 garden elf, 1 butterfly faery
Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

Good idea, Likes to read. Really pertinent information for any new and seasoned spirit keeper.

[image]https://www.dreamstime.com/royalty-free-stock-photography-pegasus-clouds-image12645487[/image]
Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
zephyrmorningcloud
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 30
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: All Shifters
If I could be anything, I would be...: Kitsune
My magical/paranormal name...: zephyr morningcloud
Zodiac:

very creative ideas ladies! thank you :U

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Here are some more ideas, for anyone who has got people they can practice with.

First of all, before I get into the two other ideas... all the items in the OP can be done with two people, one sending the information and one receiving. Choose to focus on receiving the info directly from the sender, or let your spirits pick up the transmission and relay it to you. Either way, the same stats apply. If you are doing this with someone else, it's up to you whether you even mention the spirits or not. If you find a willing practice partner who'd be freaked out by the idea of spirits, I would leave that detail unmentioned and practice with the person.

OK, so, here is a way to practice either remote viewing or AP, your choice. Have your partner go into another room, out of your line of sight. While they are in that room, let them shift some things around and sit wherever they like, perhaps engaging in an activity while they're at it. (For example, they can sit on the floor and fidget with a Rubik's Cube.) You, meanwhile, will use the relaxation/trance method of your choice, then either attempt to remotely view what's going on in the room, or AP to the room and get your description of what's happening. Set a time limit for this, and perhaps use a kitchen timer or cell phone countdown timer for this. When the timer goes off, write down your impressions. Compare them to the description which your partner will also have written down. There is no way to quantify this test with stats, but it should be easy to pick out the correct answers when the two descriptions are compared.

Or, you can play Find The Item. Have your partner go into an unseen room, and hide an agreed-upon item somewhere in the room. As with the above test, Relax, go into trance, and either remotely view or AP into the room to find the hidden item. Or if you want pendulum practice, this test is tailor-made for that. Draw a map of the room and dowse the map with the pendulum. This can be by slowly moving your pendulum hand over the map and noting where it signals "yes". But moving the pendulum hand can have an influence on the swinging so I prefer to dowse another way. I move my NON-pendulum hand in a grid pattern over the map, and watch for the pendulum to signal "yes". Or, if you don't want to dowse a map with the pendulum, go stand in the doorway of the room and tell the pendulum to point you in the direction of the hidden item.

And this particular one is a favorite test of mine. Designate one person as the sender and the other as the receiver. The sender will sit down and draw any picture. It doesn't have to be the Mona Lisa, so they need not worry if they're not the next Da Vinci. :) Meanwhile, the receiver is sitting out of the line of sight of the sender, preferably in a different room, and they are tuning in to the sender's drawing and trying to draw the same thing. In this case, look not only for a direct hit (like both drawing a car) but for similarities in shape, shading, etc. For example, if I draw a wheel and the receiver draws a baseball, they're certainly not the same things but they are both round, so that's at least a partial hit.

Make sure to take turns as both the sender and receiver, so everyone gets a chance to practice both types of psychic ability (because SENDING is a psychic skill in itself -- it's not just receiving that should be striven for.)

Enjoy!

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
HopeShade
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 28
Spelled Number: 60
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angels
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fae
Zodiac:

These are all great ideas! I like the one about using a deck of cards; I think I will have to try that out. Thank you! :)

kindred
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: angels

Great thread :)

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

I just found unmarked Zener cards this morning, FINALLY, so I placed the order. Most of the Zener decks that I've seen online have been marked ones for stage magicians to use as props. So I am going to be able to both experiment with them myself, and post activity threads here for everyone to participate in.

When we were kids, there was no internet from which to order prefab Zener decks (and even if there had been, we didn't have tons of cash to throw around). So two of us made handmade decks, one out of white paper and cardboard backing, and the other on index cards. But I've always wanted a *real* Zener deck to work with.

There is also the option of looking around online and finding PDF files that will allow you to PRINT a deck. So rev up your Google-fu if your budget doesn't allow for running out and buying card decks on a moment's notice, and you can have a Zener deck.

Return to “Spirit Tasking”