Other types of Angels and Angelic beings?

Discussion of specific races of angels.
Vortex
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0

Getting excited too! :)

AURA SHAMAN REDSTONE
vera
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

creepyhollows wrote:Yes, Arch Angels are possible and they can be more tempermental than other Immortals. But certainly possible for us to provide you a channel to.
Why would AA be temperamental?

Vyprella
neophyte
neophyte

I would like to know too...I have a few assumptions...but don't want to offend the Archangels... :silent:

Vyprella
Clairsentient Being
"You can't ground me, for I'm neither living nor dead. How can thy ground that which is ungroundable?" Butters, South Park
Awave
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

I found a list of different types of angels taken from traditional Christian and Hebrew religion and lore:
http://www.angelsghosts.com/types_of_angels

Acclamations - one of three hierarchies of angels according to Robert Flood.

Aeons - angels similar to seraphim in gnosticism, with each Aeon being in charge of a heavenly realm made up of concentric circles.

Angels - type of angel closest to mankind who act as messengers; believed to be the same as guardian angels.

Apparitions - one of three hierarchies of angels according to Robert Flood.

Archai - equated with Authorities, Exousiai, Powers, Potenatates, Principalities; same as Archons.

Archangels - "chief messengers" who are the primary messengers between God and mankind.

Archons - equated with Aeons, Archangels and Princes.

Authorities - angels who bear authority and equated with Dominions, Powers and Virtues. Same as the Greek word exousiai.

Bene-Elohim - "sons of God" equated to Thrones, Issim and sometimes Archangels.

Cherubim - second highest angels to God; equated to Hayyoth of Hebrew lore and Kerubim of Islam teachings.

Dominations - also called Dominions and Lords; the fourth highest order of angels.

Elim - proper name for angel.

Elohim - equated with Principalities and usually mis-translated as "God" in the Christian Old Testament. Elohim is also plural, and it is written that Jesus quoted Psalms 82:6, "...you (mankind) are Elohim..." Interesting, huh?

Erelim - equated with Bene-Elohim, Issim and Thrones.

Excellencies - equated with Virtues.

Exousiai - Greek word for Authorities.

Hasmalim - high ranking order of angels along with seraphim and cherubim; equated with Dominions sometimes.

Hayyoth - high ranking merkabah (throne chariot) angels equated with Hasmalim, Seraphim and Cherubim.

Intelligences - astral power equated to Archons and Seals.

Issim - angels equated with Bene-Elohim, Thrones and Erelim.

Malachin - order of angels from Hebrew lore.

Ophanim - high ranking angels equated with Thrones, Cherubim and Wheels.

Origins - type of angel mentioned in 2 Enoch.

Palatinates - angels equated with the Powers.

Potentates - same as Powers.

Powers - sixth highest order of angels believed to be protectors of divine plans initiated by Dominations and carried out by Virtues.

Princes - high ranking angels equated with Archons and Principalities.

Principalities - seventh highest order of angels who watch over the nations of the earth.

Rulers - angels equated with Dominions and Principalities.

Scribes - angels who record all the deeds of mankind.

Seals - equated with the Intelligences.

Seats - angels equated with Thrones.

Sebalim - song-uttering order of angels.

Seraphim - angels highest and closest to God.

Tapsarim - high order of angels equated with Scribes.

Tarshisim - "brilliant ones" equated with Virtues.

Thrones - third highest order of angels also called Seats.

Virtues - fifth highest order of angels, who carry out the plans set forth by the Dominions; their name means "powers."

Voices - one of three heirarchies of angels according to Robert Flood.

Wheels - many-eyed angels equated with Ophanim, Thrones and Cherubim.

Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

You have hit the tip of the iceberg Ascension!

Arch Angels are usually tempermental because of they are more DA than light. They are capable of and have committed massive destruction & death and have also provided massive healing & recovery. Their scale of power is from one extreme to another and this wide range of power often makes them somewhat moody to deal with. Not all the time and some of you may never experience it but it should be noted that most do.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
DollyLama
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 6
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

Holy Macaroni! 45 different RACES! Now, I can't help but wonder if those winged lions are, indeed, real and if they would be an angelic race? :think: Wow. However, I read somewhere that they might be part of the dragon realm? :daze: :frustrated: :D

Humans drool, vampires rule!
Who needs a prince when you can have a vampire?
Awave
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

I ordered the list of archangels, hope they don't all get moody and temperamental on me.
Is it possible to just bind to their white-light, positive traits only?

DollyLama
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 6
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

Our views on the archangels are, certainly, colored or swayed by various media that we've been bombarded with since the beginning of our lives. Since they are so closely associated with "God" or the Divine we may assume that they must be absurdly proper in order to be worthy! At least, that's what I always thought! I thought that they couldn't have a bad bone in their bodies, never even a naughty thought in their minds! :D Yet, we call on them for ultimate protection. If they were bashful sweethearts of angels we, certainly, wouldn't call on them for serious protection! We call on them because we "know" that they will whoop some serious hiney if they have to to keep us safe during our work. Michael is most often depicted as a warrior with a sword (sometimes flaming or glowing). Very often, he's delivering a serious hiney whoopin' to Satan. Now that I think about it, I can't imagine what a white lighted entity would be doing with a flaming sword! If the archangels are dealing with bad, bad entities on a regular basis, how could they, possibly, be happy all the time! :D It makes sense to me that they would be DA.

I'm curious about Gabriel. Does this angel come across as more feminine than masculine? There is speculation that Gabriel is female or more female than male (if they are, truly, more androgynous than gender specific) Has Gabriel been misrepresented all these years?

I just love how Michael always looks so innocent while he's butchering Satan! :angel: But note his black wings and his black armour.

Humans drool, vampires rule!
Who needs a prince when you can have a vampire?
Vyprella
neophyte
neophyte

Yes, I figured they were DA...as the bible texts and media have portrayed them as such...

AA Michael is the one who has the power to unleash the four horsemen, correct?

Vyprella
Clairsentient Being
"You can't ground me, for I'm neither living nor dead. How can thy ground that which is ungroundable?" Butters, South Park
vera
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

DollyLama wrote: I'm curious about Gabriel. Does this angel come across as more feminine than masculine? There is speculation that Gabriel is female or more female than male (if they are, truly, more androgynous than gender specific) Has Gabriel been misrepresented all these years?
In the Constantine movie, Gabriel is female.

Return to “Angel Races”