I can't feel happiness, recommend stones?

Share you information, tips, & tricks for working with alternate methods for health, cleansing, and balance.
Sone022
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 3
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Hello everyone, as the title says, I can't feel happiness, I have been feeling like this for a few years now & am in doubt a lot & have a lot of depression episodes, although the day can be great, it's hard for me to feel any other emotion besides anger, sadness, & I come off as too harsh to ppl even though I didn't mean it.
I would like to know any good stone recommendation, I'm recently working with rose quartz & amethyst, thank you for your time. And any other recommendation would be nice please.
If you’ve ever felt inspired by a purpose or calling, you know the feeling of Spirit working through you. Inspired is our word for in-spirited.
~ Wayne Dyer
lanecode
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 7
Spelled Number: 9

I know how you feel. I am battling my depression as well. With me though, I have a 'guilty' conscience. I feel bad whenever I do something bad out of frustration or helplessness. Although unfair, it's sometimes easier to blame others for feeling like this.

I'm not sure if this will help you, maybe it'll give you some ideas or maybe not, but what I do I try to do things that I would not normally do. Trying to experience things that I haven't experienced before. For example, going to social events. I feel uncomfortable in crowded places, full of strangers, but when given an opportunity, I'll go. Whether the experience is bad or good at least I tried and I can use that experience for learning. I have a curious mind, you see. I am also opening an opportunity to meet new other people.

Ever since my depression, I lost my interest to what I usually like doing and would rather stay in my bed all day with my laptop on. Now I force myself to go out in the lounge and show my face to my family, or even our pet dog to watch tv or a movie together. I'll force myself to walk the dog out just to have a change in scenery and pretend I'm enjoying myself in doing so. When I pretend, I start to believe that I do enjoy taking walks with our dog. I am pretty laid-back/lazy person so yeah, I don't do these kind of stuff normally, but doing simple tasks that are helpful like washing the dishes or taking the trash out without being told to, makes me feel that maybe I'm not worthless after all.

Feeling lonely is a bit tougher but I kinda got used to it. And if you have spirit companion/s with you, try to call them whether you are sensitive to them or not, and just ask them to give you some comfort. I'd like to think that we are never really alone, we're just too blind and/or too focused on our own miseries to notice them.

And hey, if you need someone to talk to, I'm willing to lend an ear. Just don't forget to return it back, ok? :)
ImageImage
"You must see with eyes unclouded by hate. See the good in that which is evil, and the evil in that which is good. Pledge yourself to neither side, but vow instead to preserve the balance that exists between the two" - Hayao Miyazaki
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

What you're describing are classic symptoms of depression. Please talk to your doctor. Depression is a MEDICAL issue, and it's treatable.

Once you have started working with your doctor, then the discussion can begin on how to supplement the treatment program with stones and other alternate therapies.

This is spoken as a person who is also treating depression and studying alternative therapies. I hope you feel better soon.
Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
monica
neophyte
neophyte
My super power would be...: Ability to fly

I have heard lepidolite is good for depression. But I also agree with the other advice to seek medical attention first. I hope things get better for you.
"All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on" ~Havelock Ellis
Devika
neophyte
neophyte
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Yes my dear, I recommend professional medical help. Stones & anything meta is just an optional extra.
"I may be on the side of the angels. But don't think for one second that I am one of them."
Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Galactic Executive
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Durga Suta Putra
Zodiac:

As you might know Boston MA along with Austin Texas are the 2 best and most advanced medical centers in the USA. I am a director managing work in IT Marketing and Tech Writing focusing on pharmaceuticals, robotics, and new-ecological, and the buzz is that most anti-depression pharmaceuticals have horrendous side-effects....right now Ambilifi (however you spell it) is sitting on the hot seat with many negative criticisms from both doctors & Lawyers.

Normal daily doses of Vitamin C that you can buy at the drug store without a prescription may help, and something quite different. Join a Tai Chi class and stay with it.

Forget stones, its too passive. Its better to become more active, and Tai Chi is simply amazing once you get used to it. Green Tea is also useful. If you want counseling then go to a real psychiatrist with a diploma and certification, not a person with a Master Degree in Social Work.

All of this is my personal statement of my personal opinion which should not be substituted for first and last getting a MD's opinion. ALWAYS.

Caiyros
EarthGalactics online....
Leautremontmars Virtual Mall
Occult Metaphysical
Children of the Night Lugoss
Turtlefae
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 40
Spelled Number: 135

Personally having wasted several years dealing with so called therapists, psychiatrists, psychologists and medications, it's a joke! I cannot take them seriously. The best thing I have ever found to help with depression is LOVE, empathy and friendship and focusing on positive things and laughter...as someone who has had depression for 20 years chemical medication and "therapists" and "psychologists" who all they do is prescribe me chemicals and just sit on their butt and say,"Well I don't know what to say, oh time's up, bye" it's a joke I can just spit at their face for all the time I wasted on them.

Like I said, as someone who's had depression for 20 years, the BEST cure is to just live life with as much happiness or positivity as you can find. Love, empathy (people who understand you and can relate), affection, friendship, fun, family or friend support, finding friends, socializing, focusing on hobbies or spirituality, breathing with nature, fluffy lovable animals. It's especially important to fill your heart with love and warmth, that to me is the #1 cure for depression, fill your heart with as much love and warmth....chemical pills and "doctors" can't fill your heart with love, love and warmth in your heart IS the answer (to me at least). Think of the Care Bears, how they care and fill people with caring and love and rainbows, that to me is the balm that soothes all wounds, LOVE.

Chemical pills, "medicine" is just a mask, it's like pain medicine...you have a headache or constant pain and the doctor (without even caring to figure out what's causing the pain) just gives you a pain medicine to ignore the pain but all the pain medicine does is hide the signal in your brain so that you are ignorant of the pain going on, the pain is still there but all the pain medicine does is make you ignorant of the pain that is going on. Even if you take pain medicine to make you ignorant of the pain, your body is still screaming at you that there is something painful going on.
No, the doctor just gives you a pain medicine to IGNORE what your body is trying to tell you (that there is pain, you have to find the cause of that pain and find a solution to be healthier) not just take a pill to make you ignorant of the pain going on. Pain meds don't cure the pain, they just try to hide it but "hiding" things is not the real solution. Hiding things under your bed dust and all is not the same as cleaning your room for real. It's like if someone stabs you in the leg, you take a pain medicine or "anti-depression" medication to try to ignore it but the knife is still stabbing you in the leg! Whoop de doo. So I never found "psychologists" or chemicals or pills helpful at all (my experience).

I agree with Caiyros and lanecode, learning something like Tai Chi or martial arts or find a class for dancing or running or swimming, or a spiritual group where people focus on healing energies and positive creative things. All those natural things have helped me a BILLION TIMES more than any dumb dangerous and damaging chemical pill and rip off "doctors" who just sit on their butt saying,"I don't know maybe go outside more or write in a journal I don't know lol durrrr time's up 8P " wow thanks doc as if I couldn't have thought of that myself! They're a total joke, I would find more fulfillment sitting next to a homeless person on the curb and keeping them company than waste another second at a "psychologist's office" pfft! Not exaggerating not even a little (from my experience dealing with many so called "therapists" "psychologists" "psychiatrists" for years in different locations). Again, the best thing I have ever found to help me is to just learn to be strong to endure the hardships in as positively as you can, live life, learn to persevere better and better, learn to smile or laugh even if you have to force yourself at first. It's important to focus on positive things, take small steps at a time and you will see even a few improvements over time. Actually even if you do go to a therapist or whatever, that's pretty much what they'll try to tell you anyway (as if you couldn't have thought of that yourself :\ ).

In my opinion, chemicals and medicine is not always the answer. I know someone who's dad got an infection on their leg on the skin and doctors gave him all the available medications to try to treat the infection/rash/thing that was going on his leg but it didn't work for him so he tried another medication but it didn't work so they gave him another medicine and it didn't help either. They gave him all the available medications that they could offer and not a single one of them did anything! The infection/rash thing was getting worse. Then his daughter (spiritual mentor teacher with 30+ years experience with many subjects about energy healings and herbs and natural things) she gave him Tea Tree Oil and that was his cure, it worked extremely well and his problem was gone after using Tea Tree Oil after many failed attempts with medicines.

And then one of my family members, they have had constipation for 2 years without remedy and the doctors have given many types of medications and chemical filled laxatives (one laxative even has anti-freeze and is over the counter!) well my family member took a medicine laxative that the doctor gave them and guess what happened? It gave them a seizure, convulsions, foaming at the mouth and was unconscious after, I had to call 911 and they had to stay in the hospital and had hallucinations for 48 hours! The laxative medication gave my family member the exact symptoms as if it was an PCP overdose, they kept asking if they had taken PCP but we know 100% (and I mean 100%) that this family member did not take anything, DID NOT take ANYTHING except what the doctor prescribed in the dose that the doctor prescribed. The only thing they took was exactly what the doctor prescribed and look what happened.

So far no medicine or chemical cocktail or laxative works or helps at all for them so I told them,"Eat prunes" and guess what, holy sh-- that was it, THAT WAS IT. They took prunes, 3 freaking prunes, healthy and natural and within minutes they were able to use the bathroom like never before! Holy sh-- PRUNES! They still have long term constipation but they just have to eat a few prunes and they are able to use the bathroom soon after. Who would have thought that healthy prunes did what all the other doctor prescribed high dosage medications and laxatives couldn't! Healthy and natural and that has been the only thing that has helped them.

Another time, a doctor gave me a medicine that I know has had a lot of lawsuits but the doctor gave me the medicine anyway and after a month of taking it, it turned my hands BLACK with lack of circulation, making my limbs numb and tingly and it was giving me stabbing pain in my heart, it was not normal! I found out that many people have died with similar symptoms from that medication but that medication was still popularly being prescribed and did the doctor care? Nope! So I stopped the medicine and within 2 days I felt better and the color returned and my blood circulation was back to normal, the medicine wasn't even for ANYTHING important either! So no thanks, next time I'll look for something more natural that won't turn my hands black, NO THANKS.

So again, from my personal experiences chemicals and medicine is NOT always the "go to" answer for everything. Sometimes you have to look in a different perspective to find something that will help you without shoving face first into chemicals with dangerous side effects. Something as simple as almonds or Vitamin B-12 or St. John's Wort or lifestyle changes can help better than poison that will give you side effects.
All this that I'm saying is from personal experiences, people are different and maybe for some people chemicals and medicines work better for them and I'm NOT saying "Don't go to the doctor" please DO check yourself for any health issues and I do understand there are people that need crucial medications or medical things to help them stay alive for one reason or another so I'm not against that but I'm talking about some of MY experiences. It's something to think about, food for thought. If you don't agree then whatever, I'm not asking for a debate or arguments or anything honestly, I'm just sharing from personal experiences and offering an alternate perspective of viewing things.

Anyway, I've heard Citrine and Carnelian are good. I'm not really energetically sensitive so I don't have any experiences to share about stones but yeah, Tai Chi or any positive activity is good. I have a lot of healing and positive spelled items but again, haven't noticed much. Restore Body During Sleep spell does work well and also Energy Morphing works well too which I noticed. Aromatherapy helps too, sometimes I will put on perfume (natural essential oils ones) and I enjoy the scents and it calms me down a bit.
Turtlefae
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 40
Spelled Number: 135

Also another thing I forgot to mention, yet another person close to me spent 2 years with an open wound from a surgery and it wouldn't heal. They went from doctor to doctor, going to the doctor many times every week for 2 years, hundreds of doctor visits, many different doctors, many consultations and prescriptions and NOTHING HELPED. The doctors could NOT figure out what was the problem and anything they were giving was not helping. 2 whole years of CONSTANTLY going to the doctors and hospitals and trying out different creams and things that the doctors gave, a doctor recommending to see another doctor then that doctor recommending another consultation with another doctor yet nobody knew how to help! Finally after 2 years of constantly going to hospitals and doctors, someone finally figured out,"Oh you just need more iron in your diet" so they added more iron in their diet and soon after they saw improvements and it healed up because of the iron. So 2 years, going to the doctors hundreds of times, doctors not knowing how to help, prescribing things that did not help and 2 years having a surgery wound that wouldn't heal and 2 years of frustration and what was the solution? Something simple and natural yet still crucial, more iron in their diet.

So again, just something to think about.
Bellia
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: Baby spirits
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal

Just as a warning, sometimes depression is not the problem, but can be a symptom of a problem. I found my depression and mood swings were from a gluten allergy, and just the diet change made it go away. Also a friend of mine found out hers was because of a vitamin D deficiency. Definitely go to your primary and have him run some test first, before getting antidepressant meds. You have to be careful nowadays, and get an official diagnosis make sure your treated for the right problem! Even with meds takes some times to find the right ones to work!
As for gemstones Amber is a great anti depressant, as well as Citrine, ruby and aquamarine. Those are my personal favorites. I would combine one of those with a stone for absorbing negative energy (bloodstone, jet, black tourmaline or onyx). Also ruby zoisite is great for turning negative energy in to positive.
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

I definitely agree that anti-depressants are not a cure-all solution, nor does every one of them work for every patient.

I hasten to add that I have a prescription that works for ME, but then I'm one of the people whose serotonin goes out-of-balance without medical assistance. Now if a person is dealing with depression that has a different causation than what my body is doing to itself, they might not see the kind of benefits that I'm experiencing.

I look at it like taking meds for anything else. My friend is diabetic and he takes insulin with no problem. I am NOT diabetic, and if I were to take insulin I'd end up in the ER, if I was lucky. I have an underactive thyroid and take medication for that. If someone whose thyroid is working fine took my medication, they would end up with an excess of the thyroid hormones in their bloodstream.

Talking with the doctor will help you both determine what might be most effective for you in beating depression. Meds, counseling, both, or other courses of action entirely -- there is more than one way to respond to depression.

Here are some ideas that you can try right now, things that my doctor told me to do in addition to taking the medication.

1. Limit carbohydrates. People with a serotonin deficiency tend to crave carbs, as they cause a temporary spike in serotonin levels. Unfortunately, when the spike wears off, the serotonin levels plummet back down, causing more carb cravings, and then an unhealthy cycle gets created. I sure wish I'd known about this carb-craving issue a bunch of pounds ago. Oh, well. At least I know it now -- better late than never. In any event, the doc's advice to me was "no carbs after dinner".

2. Get sunlight daily. Sunlight stimulates the body's production of serotonin. So get out there, even if it's just for a little while.

3. Exercise. That's another serotonin booster. Or follow some of the suggestions given above (Tai Chi, Yoga, etc.). You don't have to work out at a level of training for the Olympics to see benefit from exercise. :) Perhaps doing things like taking a walk around the block during daylight hours, such as on your lunch break or before or after work/school, will help you achieve both 2 and 3 at the same time.

Good luck! And keep us posted.
Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.

Return to “Alternate Healing/Aromatherapy”