Preventative Mental Medicine- UNDERSTANDING CULTS

Share you information, tips, & tricks for working with alternate methods for health, cleansing, and balance.
Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Galactic Executive
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Durga Suta Putra
Zodiac:

As Kenneth Patchen once said :" Its dark out there, the radio stations don't identify themselves...."

Thus there is now a movement for Preventative Mental Medicine. This is one example, of how it may work, which is, "Take a Topic of an Identified Mental Danger, and Make It Public. This is a mental danger known to law enforcement, and has been written about. One author, who has written the History and Analysis of all this can be found on line: Ultimate Evil by Maury Terry. Here follows a schematic, made as brief as possible.

THE MECHANICS OF HOW TO RECOGNIZE A CULT

I am listing this for only one reason and that is in this violent and crazed world, quite often the more knowledge we have, the more protected we are. The more protected we are, the more healthy, happy, and productive we are. Its a very simple equation. Ritualized & Organized Ugliness led to the European Inquisition, that tortured and killed more than 70,000,000 people from 1100 AD to 2003 AD (Yes those dates are correct).

At the present time, at least 1,000 + fully organized cults exist in the United States. Presently, the FBI and the Secret Service have various investigative sources and resources. We are lucky to have no cults within CH, and because of the way that CH is set up, cult creation cannot “work” here. But it is “Out There”
So this thread will be only about the machanics and structure of all cults. This is not just what I believe, it is, instead, a paraphrase of of well tested knowledge from a number of sources both private and published. These will be mentioned. These are Standard Profiles, which basically follow each other.

All Cult Structure is Virtually Identical – While the “Window Dressing” is Always Different.

1st Appearance: The Cult Leader has to exist, obviously, before the cult is built. A Cult Leader can be either a Man or a Woman. Most often it is a man. The leader is someone who is intelligent, but not a genius. He/She sees the world as his possession that has been taken away from him, but sublimates this “sense of truth” into “things must become different” and that mean “ the different for me = ME as the best and most correct, but I will hide this behind some form of ‘quiet dazzle’ and he/she must have an enforcer, and always gets an enforcer and convincer by using intellectual, spatial, or physical seduction, or a lopsided combination of all 3. This can take from a month to a year and one half.

2nd Appearance: The Enforcer: through seductive ordering played out as “we can change ourselves, our friends, and or/everything from the local town to the universe, itself, because they share knowledge (some of this knowledge is true & some of this knowledge is fantasy). The “enforcer” profiles out as a male or female that has either come from a very disappointing family, or a family that sanctioned some form of abuse. The Enforcer type feels “passed over” or is “waiting for the savior to land, but at the same time hates the savior for not landing before the hate sprung up (this type of skewed logic is totally handled in the great R.D Laing’s book KNOTS (I have my autographed copy!). It is the Bible for understanding “misunderstandings” and its explanations are not only explainations that you read, but also that you “live through”. And , once “uplifted into a secondary elaboration of the need to work hard for “newness” under a father or mother figure.

3rd Appearance: The World Worker. A similar profile as The Enforcer, but with, an ongoing and growing need to be sheltered, and a driving need to prove to others that they are great by proving it to the Enforcer, who then rewards and punishes, in an uneven pattern, which creates constant sublimated worry and need to please through their own excelling of the Enforcer’s wishes, as this is the only way to “get” what “The Leader can give as it is falsely obvious that that is how to become an Enforcer, and some day become one of the infinite forms a God or Goddess, but this is easily attacked by simple logic, so some form of political, fake science, or psychological force, to make it look reall to others, and be real to themselves. Each time they are asked to do something, or there is an implied favor, or an implication of failure coming “this way” unless the “whatever it is - is done”, so they start inventing on their own, and then go back and forth within all of what has been mentioned – an endless merry-go-round of false security and false pain. When a Worker is finally trained (if ever, they can be discarded by any number of ways), then they are “asked” through demand to do one or more things, that will separate this Worker, from leaving and going back into society, thus turning the Worker into an elaborated fearful child version of “the fearful child” that was always in yhe Worker’s mental make up that wanted to escape and find JOY. But No Can Do Buckeroo ! You have thrown stones at the White Knights and Ladies of the Lake, and Arthur, Jesus, are gone and the Big Mahooty runs Bartertown, and you live in the basement.

And That’s it. This process can start and complete itself very quickly, or it can take longer. But in modern history, on the outside no more than 3 years.

Everything else that may come or go is A form of conscious and supconciious elaborations:

HERE ARE PERTINENT PSYCHOLOGICAL DEFINITIONS: If you read these definitions, you will learn most of 1st year psych...and that will protect you very well. Also, going into outer space a bit, these definitions fit well into understanding how someone who is not highly literarte of Demonology, may in fact be manipulated by one or more of these psychological defined aspects here.

Anti-Cathexis: a process of internal frustration that, evolved from experiences of external frustration, sets up and maintains a repression. It involves the withdrawal of libido from whatever is being repressed. Anti-cathexes also oppose the impulsive cathexes otherwise made by the id towardobjects. See cathexis.
Anxiety, three types: reality (anxiety about the external world), normal or moral (anxiety about the superego's (originally, the parents') punishing shoulds and oughts), and neurotic (anxiety that a repressed sexual wish might surface). Anxiety is felt only by the ego and might have hereditary components. In his later work Freud referred to anxiety as a danger signal.

Defense Mechanism: a maneuver employed by the ego to protect itself against anxiety raised by intolerable impulses. All involve some degree of repression of the unacceptable impulse into unconsciousness. Examples include denial, idealization, splitting (e.g., both loving and hating someone but keeping both emotions entirely separate), reaction formation (e.g., becoming a Scoutmaster to prove to yourself that you don't hate children), undoing (basically, trying to repair an action for which you feel guilty), and an American favorite, intellectualization ("You ask me how I feel, and it seems to me that the relevancy of the issue has more to do with my sublimated urge to..." blah). Freud's daughter Anna discovered some more, perhaps because being analyzed by your father makes them so necessary to have handy.

Ego Cathexes: investments of libido into ego activities like ideas that the ego knows representobjects. You think about what you want instead of blindly leaping for it because of the energy investment remaining with your thoughts.
Fixation: when something libidinal is arrested in its development even though the rest of the personality keeps on growing up.

Id (Es): the permanently unconscious motivational cauldron of the mind. From the id (the "it") originate all the drives that impel psychic life. A "residue of countless egos" inherited from prior generations, the id is the amoral beast within us that seeks only its own gratification through tension discharge. It is powered by the bodily instincts and is wholly irrational. Analogous to the job of the imperialist and the industrialist, the job of the ego is to dominate it. (The term id comes from Groddeck, who got it from Nietzsche.)
Identification: an early, primitive kind of attachment to an object which results in incorporating some of its aspects into oneself. Ego and superego make use of identification to attract libido away from objects and toward themselves, thereby building up the personality. Other types include narcissistic, goal-oriented, object-loss, and aggressor identification.

Introjection: Ferenczi's term for the psychological action by which a person is internalized and made a part of one's own psyche.

Narcissism: the investment of libido into oneself. The libidinal equivalent of egotism. Freud regarded it as a perversion until 1914, when in "On Narcissism" he wrote that normal development means transferring more and more attention and interest into other people and thereby decreasing one's original or primary state of narcissism. Primary narcissism is the self-involvement all infants start out with; secondary narcissism is a turning of libido away from objects back to the ego, as with what we now call the narcissistic personality.

Nirvana Principle: Barbara Low's term for the psychological equivalent of homeostasis, the push for the least amount of tension. Different from the pleasure principle in that 1. pleasure sometimes increases with tension, and 2. the Nirvana Principle is primarily under the sway of the death drive, whereas the pleasure principle is powered by Eros.

Oral Character: forever wanting to suck, to consume, to take in, endlessly hungry and needy. SeePsychosexual Development.

Predicate Thinking: the id's tendency to treat dissimilar objects as identical. See Primary Process.

Primal Horde: the original primitive grouping of humanity headed by a father-authority who forbad incestuous actings-out among younger men, who, to gain their sexual freedom, eventually overpowered and eating him and thereby discovered the powers and benefits of community.

Primary Process: produces a memory image of an object needed for gratification in order to reduce the frustration of not having been gratified yet. This develops as the id encounters frustrations of its desires, and it works because for the id, an image is the same as an object ("an identity of perception"). Primary process is preverbal and dreamlike, not rational as with the ego. It's called "primary" because it comes first in human development: for Freud if not for later theorists, the baby is, so to speak, all id.
Projection: experiencing someone emotionally in the present in terms of someone in your past.

Purified Pleasure-Ego: that sector of the ego that rids itself of badness by projecting it onto external objects.

Repetition Compulsion: the urge to do the same thing over and over, especially in terms of relationship patterns (e.g., always winding up with the same kind of partner). Rather than seeing it as unlearned lessons reconstellated in the present, Freud linked this to the death drive's push toward a conservative return to previous conditions.

Repression: the ego's ridding itself of unacceptable desires and ideas by dumping them into unconsciousness. Three conditions lead to a return of the repressed into consciousness: when thecounter-cathexis holding it down weaken; when the drives below it get stronger; or when recent events similar in theme to what's repressed reawaken it; in all three cases the repressed shows up in the very method used for repression (e.g., an archeologist who represses his erotic nature falling in love with an alluring statue). "Primal repressions" are handed down from the painful experiences of prior generations (example: incest taboo) and keep certain contents of the id from ever becoming conscious. "Repression proper" (also called "after-expulsion") has to do with the repression of associations and ideas related to whatever idea is chiefly being repressed. An aim of psychoanalysis is to turn repression into condemnation.

Resistance: the patient's effort to remain unconscious of what is repressed. Common forms of resistance include arguing with the therapist, refusing to free associate, forgetting to show up for a session, reducing spirit to a compensation for helplessness, and deploying defense mechanisms in order to remain unaware of unconscious material. The negative therapeutic reaction is the most difficult form of resistance and is motivated by the need to expiate an unconscious sense of guilt via self-defeating behavior.
Scopophilia: the pathological enjoyment that comes with watching sexual activity. This is a mistranslation of Schaulust, "sexual pleasure in looking."

Screen Memories: memory fragments that cover a child's earliest and forgotten sexual fantasies.
Superego (Uber-Ich): formed out of but less conscious than the ego, an agency that safeguards society from uncontrolled acting out by giving the person an internalization of all environmental inhibitions, particularly those of the parents. Developed as a result of millennia of monotheistic moralizing the resolution of the Oedipal complex, it fills you with guilt when you deviate from your internal standards. It's a kind of parent-within formed of reaction formations to unconscious sexual wishes; obeying it results in the secondary narcissism of pride, an expectation of being loved by a parent figure, and disobeying it creates guilt. One of the therapeutic tasks is to lower its demands, which emanate less from the parents than from the parents' superego.

Thanatos: the mythic name students of Freud gave to the death drive he postulated in 1920 inBeyond the Pleasure Principle. This drive represents the organic need to return to lifelessness and stasis, the ultimate calm of lifeless non-conflict. Freud traced all aggressive and destructive activity to this notion, which impressed him deeply after the outbreak of one world war and the death of his daughter Sophie. That portion of the drive which is turned outward benefits the organism, which would otherwise direct it against itself. However, Freud did concede that destructiveness also affords the ego satisfaction of its old narcissistic need for omnipotence.

Taboo: a sacred-feeling prohibition that applies to an entire group. Its true purpose is to keep incestuous wishes unconscious. The rituals surrounding the taboo are similar to those of obsessive-compulsive neurosis but are collective rather than personal.

Caiyros

EarthGalactics online....
Leautremontmars Virtual Mall
Occult Metaphysical
Children of the Night Lugoss
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I'm now filing away a lot of these concepts away for future use!

As for cults, one of the things that I know is that they intentionally target people who feel disenfranchised from society and are looking to "belong" somewhere. For example, they might scour college campuses for homesick freshmen, who haven't established many (or any) strong connections with anyone, and who miss their family and friends back home. They make themselves seem welcoming and inviting, and the get-togethers that they are hosting for these new recruits will make the group seem innocuous, even friendly and wholesome. They also make themselves seem like this is a place to "belong" and have a surrogate family.

The cult might also seek out people who are looking for easy answers and/or a purpose in life. Maybe they'll make their recruits feel special -- "YOU are not like those other, ignorant people. YOU are special, and YOU are privy to information that the rest of the world would kill for, yet they all walk along blindly with no concept of the truth." And so on. They might even require their members to sever contact with the outside world -- all those unwashed, uneducated people must be perceived as toxic and avoided.

Of course, the real reason that the cult wants its members to cut themselves from everyone outside the cult, is that their family and friends might be horrified and talk some sense into them, to get them out of the clutches of the cult. It's the same trick that phony psychics try to use on THEIR victims. "Don't tell anyone that you're coming to see me, or else the curse removal I am doing will fail." Then they repeatedly find reasons to charge more and more money, while their victim keeps the secret. "The curse on you is stronger than I expected. Pay more money and i will try another process. The curse was cast by a powerful sorcerer. Pay still MORE and I will get my own mentor involved. The bad energy is still hanging over you. Pay again and we will have our whole coven involved." And so on, until the victim is bankrupted or finally walks away.

And that is most likely when a cult will discard a member, too -- when they are so broke that they don't know which end is up. Then they'll be kicked to the curb with nothing left to show but the psychological damage that it'll take years to repair.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Sorry, the Hannibal Lector animal killing comments, the other day, making fun of me, makes it impossible for me to converse with you, because we are communicating on 2 very distant levels. Good Luck to you however, Caiyros

Occult Metaphysical
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Caiyros Neptunias 1 wrote:Sorry, the Hannibal Lector animal killing comments, the other day, making fun of me, makes it impossible for me to converse with you, because we are communicating on 2 very distant levels. Good Luck to you however, Caiyros
I didn't say anything about Hannibal Lector. I did call one cat pic a vampire, though. But I don't recall posting there outside of that. (Now I'll have to go and look. But I only recall the one post.

I know I didn't post memes in there. I don't generally volunteer gallows humor -- that's not my style.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Goto Search and type in Hannibal L.O.L.

Occult Metaphysical
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

First, I went and checked in that other thread. I actually did only post once, on the cat-biting-another-cat picture (which appeared in my post because I used the quote function). I thought that was pretty innocuous, all things considered. But in hindsight, I can see how you wouldn't be pleased to see that particular thread make an appearance on your Unread Posts list.

And I admit that I nearly commented on one other post in that thread -- the one with a crocodile eating a Croc shoe. That one's not gruesome, it's goofy, and that's more my kind of humor. I never miss the opportunity to make a bad pun. ;)

But to make sure I got ALL the posts containing Hannibal, with or without LOL, L.O.L. , lol, or any other version of that abbreviation, I did a search on [i[just[/i] the word Hannibal. That will get all occurrences of the word.

And there still aren't any with my name on the byline, with or without a LOL, outside of my posts in this thread.

Which thread is it in? I can go look, and spot the post that might be the issue, if you'd rather not see it again, but I need to know where to look since my search on "Hannibal" isn't bringing it up.

I'm puzzled now, since as I said earlier, gallows humor isn't normally my thing. If you want terrible puns, come see me, but I definitely am not prone to volunteering dark humor.

And I definitely am not prone to mockery, not of you nor anyone else. My childhood was pure hell thanks to that, so I take no pleasure in inflicting that treatment on others.

I did post in two hot-button threads -- the cannibalism one AND the original Ugliness one, even though my gut feeling was that both threads had some underlying intent beyond what was written in the mere words. But in either case, I didn't post anything that could be construed as being "against" any other user. In fact, after consideration as to whether to put my $0.02 in each thread, my decision was to post because the specific content that I wanted to express was not the type of thing that's designed to throw gasoline on the fire. I figured that posting something harmless could help vector the threads in a more neutral direction. I'm not convinced that I was entirely successful, but at least I tried.

The truth is, I'm not against any users here. If I actually did have an issue with someone, I'd address it via PM, not in front of everyone. And if I actually have posted anything that hurt your, or anyone else's, feelings, then I'm sorry about that, because it certainly was not my intent to make anyone feel bad.

Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

read my post coming up tonight or tomorrow a.m. "On the Growth Pattern of Serial Killers". As I have already mentioned, I find disgusting is chilhood level doo-doo-murder-death-and-torture jokes. It has no place in an adult forum, and I wonder, what it would be like if these jokesters are in a page of The Lords of Karma book page, and they find themselves alone at night, with no one to help them survive, something terrible, or conversely get incvolved with perps, and on and on it goes. Believe me its bad karma, and as a person who worked writingcomedy with Dudley Moore, Graham Chapman, & Jeremy Geit, I dont think this cr%p is funny, unless there is an enjoyment of other people's and animal's suffering, and posting pics of dead animals "leaking out of a cake" should make someone who did it absolutely banned. Its definitely a ploy for someone to get attention. How do you feel about pic's posted here of some sort of play with a nakd woman's forse, and snake-like hoses? It was posted about -23 months ago? You see what I mean. Bottom line: Are We Not Adults? If this stuff continues. There will only be children here. I left nursery school too long ago to want to go back....but I will look into what you have told me.....and post it tonight or tomorrow am. Caiyros

Occult Metaphysical
Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

I have looked for it now myself, and it apparently has been removed. That's fine with me. And as I know you are an honest person, then I have to agree with you, that you were not part of it. Certainly, if you were, given it has been removed, the Mods would have contatcted you. So you have my apologies for not creating the thread. And I am impressed my the fact that you don't "shout" at people when you deal with these types of issues..... Clearly, you are not at fault. Thank you for "maintaining" things.

Caiyros

Occult Metaphysical
Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

go to search

Little tHings That Make You Smile

Remember Kids

and read them. Its a full blown complete attack on me for posting a very simple post on the value of manners. The 2 above was the attack. And everyone one of those people, at this poit, everyone except I think there was 1 or 2 that stood by me, but all the rest of those names, I will never converse with nor help - ever. AT first they will think that's funny....and later, they will come to an understanding that they have lost several valuable people...and I am one of them.

Caiyros

Occult Metaphysical
Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

Can we please get back on topic? I would like to learn from this thread if possible.

Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels

Return to “Alternate Healing/Aromatherapy”