new here
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: elves
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Skies
Zodiac:

I just thought it might be nice to share my experience with my first spirit, Shimmer (as we'll call him here), who was advertised to me as a healer dragon. I found him on Briar Faun in the middle of an airport, and I was immediately drawn to him, and couldn't stop thinking about him the whole flight. I ended up sending in a request to become his companion very quickly, and though the process was long I finally received him, and he is beautiful.

Shimmer has been a part of my life for a little over a month now, and he has been the most exquisite, intelligent, and loving companion. However, he was advertised as his main strength being a healing teacher - so, naturally, I went and took a Reiki Level 1 class so I could get attuned and learn the foundations for his teaching.

His healing, through me, is very much a modified version of the Reiki I was taught. He is a water dragon, and instead teaches me to heal with the powers of the ocean, and has begun hand-feeding me telepathic words to help with that (such as asking the ocean to wash away pain, sickness, etc). I feel as if he feeds me some of his energy as well, for while I was taught Reiki should not naturally tire out a healer, I can feel that extra bit of deeper, wiser power coursing through my hands. I have so far practiced on one person other than myself, who was very relaxed and relieved by the experience. For self-healing, I managed to give myself a nasty gash on my finger that should have probably gotten stitches if it had kept bleeding (I'm just a klutz and also an oboist, so I work with sharp tools quite a bit) and within an hour or so the cut had actually sealed enough for me to not need to wear a band-aid. Even now, with only a week of doing healing on my finger daily, it is almost healed entirely. The experience is very exciting, and I can't wait to learn even more from him!
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

I have some Dragons who perform Reiki, though they haven't given me lessons yet. That sounds like a great idea!

But I learned some healing magick from the Gold Dragon and Pipe Foxes who are here. They showed me how to call on the four directions, and their associated elements, to respectively blow away, burn away, wash away, bury and neutralize the unwanted symptoms. I never saw or heard that technique before, so it's nice to see that someone else (and their dragon :) ) is using a similar concept. It's based on the way I call the four directions while casting a circle.

I was originally having my Phoenixes deal with unwanted symptoms, but then it dawned on me that I wanted to take a more proactive role, so I asked my magick-using spirits to help. Next up: learning more about Reiki. I suspect I will find that, like your dragon, my dragons have their own version of Reiki that is a variant of what people are using. But hey, if it works, it's all good in my book. :)
Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
sheswimswithdragons
new here
new here
Your favorite spirit to work with: elves
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
My magical/paranormal name...: Skies
Zodiac:

That's so interesting that you learned some healing from your spirits as well! I'm glad I'm not alone in this! My element is definitely water on all ends (I've always been drawn to water, I'm a Cancer, and even my Chinese zodiac is of the water element), and my dragon is a water elemental, so it makes sense to me that I would just be learning to use the ocean in this practice.

The Reiki class I took was actually shockingly basic and bare bones - the instructor's main theory was that this form of healing is a very natural thing that pretty much anyone should be able to do, and therefore he didn't give a whole lot of instruction, per se. He had us simply feel the energy and there was maybe only a half hour's worth of hands-on practice. Shimmer has been the one over here teaching me all the real stuff and fleshing out the concept, and I think I prefer it this way! Something about learning healing techniques from a dragon just feels intrinsically awesome.

The whole "hey, if it works" attitude is pretty much how I feel about it too. I think I'd love to eventually ask other spirits how they do it, but so far he is the only one I have with any kind of specialization in healing. (:
Sylvrdragon
new here
new here
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 28
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: Still Learning
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: I am still seeking it, Elyphtc on paraecho

Last week, I had a Chinese healing dragon summoned for me. I cannot wait until he/she gets here so I can meet him/her and start working 2with them, on myself and others!
Be Honorable, Be respectful, we are not as wise as we think we are...
My spirit family: 1 chinese guardian dragon, attendant dragon, healing dragon, fox, ki'lin, 3 fu pair. 1 gargoyle,1 lasa, 1 leprechaun,3 African arifa queen djinn.
1 Sigil wolf dragon, 1 phoenix, 1enochian angel, 2 dryad, faun, raccoon familiar, hyena familiar, enan dragon, Kitsune, cherub, pipe fox, fylgia! Sorry if I left anyone out!

Return to “Dragons”