Satan and Sun's Parastock Chat Seminar - Sensing, Hearing an

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal/similar
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Dragonoake wrote:
ServantofJustice wrote:
Dragonoake wrote:How do you do astral, magick or communication work if you 'can't visualize' for you? I'm not sure as to what counts as visualizing but it would be good to know how you cope just incase I have any problems with it.
Magick isn't that big of a problem.
In essence, magick is simply the application of a motivating force to the focused intent of reaching a specific goal.

For example, let's say you want to go to Kansas City.
That's your goal.
The path to reaching that goal may vary a bit depending on the motivating force you use, but the end result is the same whether you choose to take a car, a boat, a train, or an air plane to get there.

Communication has always been a major problem.
I don't know whether is is because of the ADHD (My brain works a little differently, so I probably don't see the world in quite the same way that most people do.) or if it's because I grew up an outsider in a very ethnocentric small town and wasn't around people very much, but I have never been very social. Therefore, I don't know what people talk about, let alone what I would say to a god.

Some people are easier to talk to that others and yes, it applies to other beings as well (Attis in particular) but there are other ways of working around the problem.

One is Presence. I don't usually see my Demon Dragon, but I know when he's there.
And since I've learned that he usually shows up when I need to be watching for something up the road, I've got the message even if he doesn't talk to me.

Another is music. I always have music in my head, but if a song seems out of place, it's usually something I need to pay attention to.
One night, I was waiting for a RA when Black Sabbath's “Neon Knights” started playing in my head. It was strong, so I knew it was telling me something but I didn't know what until the next day when I got an e-mail from Charles the next day telling my being had come through... One of which took the form of an animated suit of armor.

Then there was the time I was poking around the Satan and Suns website and apparently caught the attention of one of their Demon Commanders.
It wasn't so much a calling as it was a friendly greeting, like running into a former co-worker that you haven't seen in a few years.
I didn't get anything about name or appearance, but the impression I got was of something dark, warm, and oily; along with a taste I can only compare to the old alcohol-based cough syrups with that vaguely black licorice flavor.

Another method I've been using a lot lately stems from a mid-90's discovery that I could reach out and connect with certain people on an essence level.
When I say connect, it's not so much talking to Bob as it is a blending that gives me a taste of what it is to be Bob. It's more of a communion (or maybe a shamanic connection) than it is communication, at least not in the usual sense of the word.
I find that this works very well with spirits (especially in deep meditation) and gives some really intense connections, even if I don't remember very much of what happened.
And would there be any sorts of 'medication', chemicals/drugs or alchemical elixirs that can be used if thats true for anyone?
I've never done hallucinogenics, so I don't know anything useful about them.
Alchemy or Reiki, OTOH, might be worth looking into
It sounds scary, how do you get about interacting or doing things if you 'cant visualize'?

Dragonoake
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 19
Your favorite spirit to work with: Black dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

ServantofJustice wrote:It sounds scary, how do you get about interacting or doing things if you 'cant visualize'?
Why does it matter?
What would I do differently if I could visualize things?

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Dragonoake wrote:
ServantofJustice wrote:It sounds scary, how do you get about interacting or doing things if you 'cant visualize'?
Why does it matter?
What would I do differently if I could visualize things?
Well your contribution could help others along the way if it turns out for them/us that we can't.

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

-Not to mention there are some very distressed people I met or are on here such as Swed who said they have problems visualizing/can't do it that might find any sharing/advice helpful.

Huffdamagicdragon
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 1801
Spelled Number: 568
Your favorite spirit to work with: Lampades
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: DämonZerstörer

bump

wayyy too many in my keep to count let alone list
mostly djinn and dragons though
Dragonoake
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

I've spent the last week trying to think of a way to explain it better than I already have...
I might be misunderstanding your question but at the moment, but I'm afraid I'm completely at a loss at what to tell you

It's kind of like asking someone born blind whether he likes blue; or maybe I could ask you if you like lutefisk.
If you've never experienced something, so how would you know?
I, for one, have never experienced visualization, so I don't understand how it fits into your equation.

Dragonoake
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

The more I think about it, the born blind analogy is probably a good one
A buddy of mine lost his sight in his 30's, and yet he later not only replaced the alternator on his van, he replaced the hard drive in his computer

He told me he wasn't going to let the fact hat he was blind stop him, and could probably tell you how he got around it
But if you've never known what it was like to see, what is there to get around? You've never known any other way

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Dragonoake wrote:I've spent the last week trying to think of a way to explain it better than I already have...
I might be misunderstanding your question but at the moment, but I'm afraid I'm completely at a loss at what to tell you

It's kind of like asking someone born blind whether he likes blue; or maybe I could ask you if you like lutefisk.
I, for one, have never experienced visualization, so I don't understand how it fits into your equation.
I meant what would you recommend in approaching this for those who can’t visualize it turns out? Just incase. Not asking what it’s like but advice, and sharing your approach if you know what I mean should that be helpful.

Dragonoake
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

With rare exceptions, I have never had an easy time talking to people and I found that I didn't a much easier time talking to spirits. After giving it some thought, I decided to try using an empathic connection, which seems to work better for me.
To illustrate, this is a quick once over of my daily meditation:

1) Ground and center - Just put the world aside and find a peaceful place deep in your core

2) Focus – I like to have a focal point in my meditation. I use one of Huff's Cat's Eye Orbs held in my lap between the fingertips of each hand, but your spirit's vessel will work just as well.

3) Chakra meditation – There are lots of different meditations you can use. For myself, I use the Central Pillar, mainly because it was the first one I learned back in the '70's and I find that it works well for me.
I usually use between nine and twelve circulations – Just keep going until you reach the level you want to work from. How you know is difficult to explain, it's something you learn by doing.

4) Creating Sacred Space – You can use your favorite method to cast a circle before beginning, if you want. I usually concentrate the raised energy on Da'ath (a point about half-way between your collarbone and your Heart Chakra) and expand that energy until I'm surrounded by a sphere of golden light.
Now take a few minutes to feel that energy and build it until it fills every cell of your body.

5) Attunement – Focus on the energy of your spirit and flow with it. If you have a tuner or an energy spawning spell, use it to attune with the spirit's energy matching it as much as you can.
Build this energy until all the energy in your sphere matches that vibration.

6) The Calling - “I call to thee, (vibrate the name of the spirit you are calling to), asking for your strength, your guidance, and your protection.”
Repeat until you feel the presence of the spirit.

7) The Invitation - “(Spirit), I invite thee to come forth and join me here in this sacred space.”
Again, repeat until you feel the presence of the spirit, which should feel stronger now.

8) The Communion - “(Spirit), I invite thee to come forth and commune with me, each blending with the energies of the other.”
At this point, you essentially become one and the experience can be quite intense although you may not remember very much afterwards.
Take as much time as you need at this point.

9) Chakra meditation – Repeating the Chakra meditation at this point will often intensify the connection even more, since you are raising the levels of both your energies.

10) Winding down – When you feel the experience is complete, thank the spirit for sharing with you, and let the energy fade back to the golden light you started with.

11) Then you can either let the sphere dissolve and fade away, or you can draw the energy back into your body.

12) Ground and center

Huffdamagicdragon
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 1801
Spelled Number: 568
Your favorite spirit to work with: Lampades
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: DämonZerstörer

Dragonoake wrote:I've spent the last week trying to think of a way to explain it better than I already have...

If I may, I would like to comment about something similar... when I hear someone complain about something....especially if it is how they hate some type of weather.
I will ask them how would you ever know to appreciate the good weather if you never saw the bad weather. Would we ever learn to love the warm sunshiney days without knowing the contrast of the freezing cold icy nights?
Almost all of our perceptions depend on contrast and duality.

wayyy too many in my keep to count let alone list
mostly djinn and dragons though

Return to “Educational Material”