BlazeTigerNahti - An Introduction to Hypnosis (Parastock)

Amore
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process

What is hypnosis?

When you are in hypnosis, you aren’t a zombie. You still think, hear, and feel. Hypnosis is someone communicating with the subconscious. While you are in hypnosis, you are still you. You still have thoughts, though these are far fewer than you normally would have. What most people think is that it’s “lights out,” but this is not the case. You go into hypnosis every day if you are a fully functioning, learning human being. It’ a totally natural process. That’s why nobody is “unhypnotisable.”

If you have been told you cannot be hypnotised, there are three reasons for this. 1. The hypnotist was doing a stage show and they didn’t have enough time to get you comfortable with them. 2. The hypnotist didn’t have the skill to actually do the job correctly 3. You didn’t trust the hypnotist to have your best interest in mind and heart. Hypnosis is an art of life. You can’t learn without it.

Many people think that it’s like on a movie and the hypnotist snaps their fingers and the people just “turn off” and they don’t realise that they are in hypnosis already, just not a deep state of hypnosis. If you don’t trust someone to take care of you then there are still ways to hypnotise the person. Blaze will never hypnotise people who don’t want to be hypnotised. Seeing as hypnosis is a naturally occurring state of mind, no drugs are needed. A hypnotist should not need a drug to help them do their job.

With real hypnosis, there are two types of inductions. There is a slower way that is very akin to guided meditation. There are also instant inductions. When Blaze has a client in his office he uses instant inductions because they save a ton of time. While doing the guided, slower inductions you have to know how to pace what you do. If your pace is wrong then there is nothing you can do to make it work, because it doesn’t “feel right” to the subject. If something doesn’t feel right then you don’t feel right and it breaks the trust you want. On the other hand, the instant inductions work on a brain/chemical level and they always work.

Hypnosis can also be done by using subtle clues. Blaze met a hypnotist who always rocked their clients while doing an induction and they couldn’t hypnotise another hypnotist because they never paid attention to the signs that the person hated being rocked. Some street magicians use hypnosis in their acts. You can even get to a point where you being in the room with people will make them start getting into a state of hypnosis. Hypnotising students (with parental knowledge) helps them learn so much faster.

As a teacher of Blaze’s says, “if you have hypnosis, then why not USE it.” You can tell someone not to remember the next 10 seconds till you shake their hands at the end, and it’s magic to them. You need parental OK to hypnotise kids. Children are actually the easiest to hypnotise. Then they love hypnosis on average.

Something most people don’t know about hypnosis is that before they made anaesthesia, doctors had to know how to hypnotise their patients for pain control while doing surgeries. Blaze has a teacher who used to go with EMTs to car accidents and make people stop hurting while they were going treated. He could even make people stop bleeding. Blaze talked to one of the EMTs the teacher used to go with and the EMT said he would never have believed it if he hadn’t seen it over and over.

Hypnosis can have tons of practical uses. Blaze learned from some of the best hypnotists in the world. Blaze heard a story once…the Gods got together and wanted to hide an amazing power…something that if man found out about it would be searched for till found. So they tried to find where to hide it. They thought about the distant stars, but they knew men would eventually find a way. They thought about a different dimension, but again, men would find a way. So they had a crazy idea, which was to hide it where nobody would ever think to look. So they hid the amazing power inside of the men themselves. They knew that men would always be looking for something outside of themselves, and never look inside for the power they wanted. The Chinese government has used hypnosis to get people to read minds, and farsee. They have spies for it.

Your conscious mind does maybe 11 processes a second. In comparison, the subconscious mind does about 2.4 million a second. Do you consciously think about your hair growing, your heart beating, or about breathing normally?

It is not possible for someone to become “stuck” in hypnosis. If Blaze is hypnotising you, and the internet dies, you will either pull yourself out after a few minutes and be completely back to normal, or you will take a great nap.

Q&A:

Q: Is it possible to hypnotise someone with the written word?
A: When you are enthralled by a book, you are in a state of hypnosis.

Q: How does the subconscious mind affect weight?
A: Your subconscious mind keeps you the weight you are because it thinks it “knows” what weight you are supposed to be. Hypnosis can help with weight loss because a hypnotist can tell the subconscious what is or isn’t best for the client right now, and teach it how to be more healthy.

Q: Can people use words over the internet to hypnotise people?
A: Yes. That would be NLP, most likely. NLP is how you use words to affect thought processes. It can include the way you say words, and where you put the pauses, and the order the words come out in. Commercials use hypnosis all the time. Car dealerships might have a person dancing in a chicken outfit, because the conscious mind is paying attention to the chicken man while the subconscious listens to the advertisement. NLP can be helpful to get and keep attention.

*why does this read like a biography*
*sorry about the third person thing* ;p

A little road not made of man,
Enabled of the eye,
Accessible to thill of bee,
Or cart of butterfly.

If town it have, beyond itself,
'Tis that I cannot say;
I only sigh,--no vehicle
Bears me along that way. ~Dickinson
jellybean
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 75
Spelled Number: 150
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Rainbow Walker
Zodiac:

Amore wrote:What is hypnosis?

When you are in hypnosis, you aren’t a zombie. You still think, hear, and feel. Hypnosis is someone communicating with the subconscious. While you are in hypnosis, you are still you. You still have thoughts, though these are far fewer than you normally would have. What most people think is that it’s “lights out,” but this is not the case. You go into hypnosis every day if you are a fully functioning, learning human being. It’ a totally natural process. That’s why nobody is “unhypnotisable.” 

If you have been told you cannot be hypnotised, there are three reasons for this. 1. The hypnotist was doing a stage show and they didn’t have enough time to get you comfortable with them. 2. The hypnotist didn’t have the skill to actually do the job correctly 3. You didn’t trust the hypnotist to have your best interest in mind and heart. Hypnosis is an art of life. You can’t learn without it.

Many people think that it’s like on a movie and the hypnotist snaps their fingers and the people just “turn off” and they don’t realise that they are in hypnosis already, just not a deep state of hypnosis. If you don’t trust someone to take care of you then there are still ways to hypnotise the person. Blaze will never hypnotise people who don’t want to be hypnotised. Seeing as hypnosis is a naturally occurring state of mind, no drugs are needed. A hypnotist should not need a drug to help them do their job. 

With real hypnosis, there are two types of inductions. There is a slower way that is very akin to guided meditation. There are also instant inductions. When Blaze has a client in his office he uses instant inductions because they save a ton of time. While doing the guided, slower inductions you have to know how to pace what you do. If your pace is wrong then there is nothing you can do to make it work, because it doesn’t “feel right” to the subject. If something doesn’t feel right then you don’t feel right and it breaks the trust you want. On the other hand, the instant inductions work on a brain/chemical level and they always work. 

Hypnosis can also be done by using subtle clues. Blaze met a hypnotist who always rocked their clients while doing an induction and they couldn’t hypnotise another hypnotist because they never paid attention to the signs that the person hated being rocked. Some street magicians use hypnosis in their acts. You can even get to a point where you being in the room with people will make them start getting into a state of hypnosis. Hypnotising students (with parental knowledge) helps them learn so much faster. 

As a teacher of Blaze’s says, “if you have hypnosis, then why not USE it.” You can tell someone not to remember the next 10 seconds till you shake their hands at the end, and it’s magic to them. You need parental OK to hypnotise kids. Children are actually the easiest to hypnotise. Then they love hypnosis on average. 

Something most people don’t know about hypnosis is that before they made anaesthesia, doctors had to know how to hypnotise their patients for pain control while doing surgeries. Blaze has a teacher who used to go with EMTs to car accidents and make people stop hurting while they were going treated. He could even make people stop bleeding. Blaze talked to one of the EMTs the teacher used to go with and the EMT said he would never have believed it if he hadn’t seen it over and over. 

Hypnosis can have tons of practical uses. Blaze learned from some of the best hypnotists in the world. Blaze heard a story once…the Gods got together and wanted to hide an amazing power…something that if man found out about it would be searched for till found. So they tried to find where to hide it. They thought about the distant stars, but they knew men would eventually find a way. They thought about a different dimension, but again, men would find a way. So they had a crazy idea, which was to hide it where nobody would ever think to look. So they hid the amazing power inside of the men themselves. They knew that men would always be looking for something outside of themselves, and never look inside for the power they wanted. The Chinese government has used hypnosis to get people to read minds, and farsee. They have spies for it. 

Your conscious mind does maybe 11 processes a second. In comparison, the subconscious mind does about 2.4 million a second. Do you consciously think about your hair growing, your heart beating, or about breathing normally?

It is not possible for someone to become “stuck” in hypnosis. If Blaze is hypnotising you, and the internet dies, you will either pull yourself out after a few minutes and be completely back to normal, or you will take a great nap. 

Q&A:

Q: Is it possible to hypnotise someone with the written word?
A: When you are enthralled by a book, you are in a state of hypnosis. 

Q: How does the subconscious mind affect weight?
A: Your subconscious mind keeps you the weight you are because it thinks it “knows” what weight you are supposed to be. Hypnosis can help with weight loss because a hypnotist can tell the subconscious what is or isn’t best for the client right now, and teach it how to be more healthy. 

Q: Can people use words over the internet to hypnotise people?
A: Yes. That would be NLP, most likely. NLP is how you use words to affect thought processes. It can include the way you say words, and where you put the pauses, and the order the words come out in. Commercials use hypnosis all the time. Car dealerships might have a person dancing in a chicken outfit, because the conscious mind is paying attention to the chicken man while the subconscious listens to the advertisement. NLP can be helpful to get and keep attention. 

*why does this read like a biography*
*sorry about the third person thing*  ;p
I just wanted to see if I could read this if I quoted it! It's a very interesting subject (moreso because I started learning hypnosis & past life regression about 6 months ago) but I couldn't read the text against the dark background of the board! Not even if I highlighted it. So I had to quote it to remove the colour and voila! I can read it now. (I don't know why I didn't think about doing that before with your threads Amore!)

This is very good. Thankyou for posting it. 8)|*

~ Jane

:pirate2: :pirate2: PROUD TO BE A PIRATE :pirate2: :pirate2:
BlazeTigerNahti
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: I love a ton of them
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Twilight, Blaze & NightBlood are some of my favorite ones

Thank you Amore for posting this for me *HUG*

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Yahweh Sabaoth for ever.
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

If the board is coming up with a dark background, try the default skin (not sure what it's called). That has a light background.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
jellybean
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 75
Spelled Number: 150
My magical/paranormal name...: Rainbow Walker
Zodiac:

Likes2Read wrote:If the board is coming up with a dark background, try the default skin (not sure what it's called). That has a light background.
I'm particularly light sensitive & I can't use that board, it gives me really bad headaches if I do. (Rather like a migraine & I don't want to start getting them as I'm sure you'll understand!) I think the one I use was the default at one time, but now there are many to choose from. It wouldn't be so bad if I could just highlight the text & read it that way but that doesn't work on my ipad & my laptop doesn't work properly & I won't be able to replace either for about 6 months. But now I've worked out how to read those posts so it's all good now! :)

~ Jane

:pirate2: :pirate2: PROUD TO BE A PIRATE :pirate2: :pirate2:
Amore
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process

BlazeTigerNahti wrote:Thank you Amore for posting this for me *HUG*

My pleasure! *bear hug back* 8)|*

A little road not made of man,
Enabled of the eye,
Accessible to thill of bee,
Or cart of butterfly.

If town it have, beyond itself,
'Tis that I cannot say;
I only sigh,--no vehicle
Bears me along that way. ~Dickinson
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

jellybean wrote:
Likes2Read wrote:If the board is coming up with a dark background, try the default skin (not sure what it's called). That has a light background.
I'm particularly light sensitive & I can't use that board, it gives me really bad headaches if I do. (Rather like a migraine & I don't want to start getting them as I'm sure you'll understand!) I think the one I use was the default at one time, but now there are many to choose from. It wouldn't be so bad if I could just highlight the text & read it that way but that doesn't work on my ipad & my laptop doesn't work properly & I won't be able to replace either for about 6 months. But now I've worked out how to read those posts so it's all good now! :)
Oh, I totally get that. I get terrible light sensitivity during a migraine, and I wear a hat with a brim when I'm in full sunlight, because getting the sun in my eyes can be a trigger. Migraines, and their attendant symptoms, are a giant pain in the nether end.

With the iPad, a couple of the accessibility features might help. First, check to see if you can view a page in "reader" mode, where it gives you just the text. That's an adaptation for blind users. Second, highlight the text and choose the option for the iPad to speak it, and it will read the selected text out loud for you. (At which point, if you are keeping your paranormal activities on the down-low from others in the household, you'll want to be using headphones.)

I've learned a lot of things about iOS accessibility features from having friends who are deaf and/or blind.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Morgana
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon & vampire
My magical/paranormal name...: Morgana
Zodiac:

Nice post!
I was sad I missed it, but I appreciate it was posted here for all to read.
Thanks,
M.

"YOU CANNOT TRAVEL ON THE
PATH UNTIL YOU BECOME
THE PATH ITSELF." Buddha
BlazeTigerNahti
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: I love a ton of them
My magical/paranormal name...: Twilight, Blaze & NightBlood are some of my favorite ones

Well I just might have to have another one sometime then 7\ 3|D

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Yahweh Sabaoth for ever.

Return to “Educational Material”