Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

For starters imma say I wanted to post this on the TECH section, but for some reason unknown to me I'm unable to make a new post there, so figured this would be the second ideal place to post this.

I believe at some point someone starts having trouble keeping track of the spirits they have their favorite things (incenses, plants, their month and day of the week and so on) And it came to me earlier, the age of books is already past us, yea there are some that prefer holding a book than read something on the computer but isn't it much easier to find something on a computer than flipping through a hundred pages?

I have a little dossier with the pages that came with my CH purchases containing some information about some of my spirits and spells and then have some of my own from the spirits I got from other sellers and it's sometimes annoying having to go get it and find the one I want to check something or try to find that information, again on the CH encyclopedia .
As a programmer I was thinking about making a little program where I could just insert there the information about my spirit family to better keep track of and organize things up, and then came to me why not try making a standard one for everyone with everyone's help and such?

I'm the kind of person that quickly loses interest over an idea (such as this one), so if it turns out I end up not advancing on it much, hope someone picks up this spark and takes it forward.

Being not much experienced yet, I'd also like to ask for people to contribute with suggestions for this idea, what kind of things do you think would be essential on such program? And particularly, what does the community think of the idea in general? Please post your thoughts.

1 Golden Dragon, 1 Red dragon, 3 Blue Dragons, 1 Silver Dragon, 1 Djan Djin, 1 Forest Faery, 1 Spriggan, 1 Gnome
AlexCzernosech
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 57
My magical/paranormal name...: I have a few names ;D
Zodiac:

I've personally been using Notepad to write down my spirit's info, idly thinking of taking it to spreadsheet form, but that doesn't really seem ideal to me. An app for keeping track of the information would be pretty cool, with the ability to sort your spirits by WA/DA classification, species, or names alphabetically. Each profile would have fields for the spirit's favourite things, as well as a field for extra notes. Also a count for listed spirits, to keep accurate track for those who have quite a few. :D

46 CH Spirits/Entities; 33 non-CH Spirits/Entities, and work with various other self-bound and unbound beings.
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

Oh, I think it would be a fabulous idea to have an app that's dedicated to keeping spirit and spell info. :) But then, I'm as nerdy as the day is long. ;)

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
jellybean
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 75
Spelled Number: 150
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Rainbow Walker
Zodiac:

Some use notepad as mentioned, others use excel or adapt other apps/programs to suit themselves. Have you done a search to see what others are doing? This topic comes up every so often along with some great new ideas. I'll be putting all my spirit info onto excel on my pc, no app I've ever installed works properly & I've had enough of mobile devices that don't work they way they're supposed to.

~ Jane

:pirate2: :pirate2: PROUD TO BE A PIRATE :pirate2: :pirate2:
jellybean
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

jellybean wrote:Some use notepad as mentioned, others use excel or adapt other apps/programs to suit themselves. Have you done a search to see what others are doing? This topic comes up every so often along with some great new ideas. I'll be putting all my spirit info onto excel on my pc, no app I've ever installed works properly & I've had enough of mobile devices that don't work they way they're supposed to.
Tried to edit but it wouldn't let me even tho the edit button was there! What I mean about mobile devices that don't work the way they should, I'm using my ipad atm & I pressed the submit button on my previous post and it said that my post was submitted but it took 21 minutes for it to show up! That happens frequently to me, I suspect it is my energy that is not compatible with electronic devices. But good luck with it, if you search for previous posts you might get more ideas of what people are looking for.

~ Jane

Bane
new here
new here

jellybean wrote: I'll be putting all my spirit info onto excel on my pc, no app I've ever installed works properly & I've had enough of mobile devices that don't work they way they're supposed to.
Tried to edit but it wouldn't let me even tho the edit button was there! What I mean about mobile devices that don't work the way they should, I'm using my ipad atm & I pressed the submit button on my previous post and it said that my post was submitted but it took 21 minutes for it to show up!
Maybe I worded it wrong, my idea is an application for computer (more precisely windows), not for cellphones and alike.

Haven't dwelled much into it, but the base structure I'm thinking of making is this right now:

(that's the database model)

1 Golden Dragon, 1 Red dragon, 3 Blue Dragons, 1 Silver Dragon, 1 Djan Djin, 1 Forest Faery, 1 Spriggan, 1 Gnome
jellybean
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

I assumed you meant app as in for mobile devices. I've only just got a mini laptop to replace my other laptop and it uses windows 8 - it is full of apps which I'm still trying to get used to, some are not very good at all.

What you're suggesting there looks good. Better than what I've started on excel although it has pretty much the same info but it isn't always easy to add a photo in excel. I've only recorded a few spirit's details so far, I planned to use a different tab for each type of spirit with each spirit details in a different column. I started that about 3 years ago but didn't keep it up, I keep getting distracted & forgetting to update. The problem with excel is if you want to put too much info in one cell it really distorts the spreadsheet.

I always keep a copy of the listing as well. Sometimes the info in that is the same as they send you and sometimes it!s not, so maybe a field for that?

Also maybe a date they joined the family? Spirits, other than human spirits, don't usually have birthdays as such and some people like to celebrate the anniversary of when they joined the family so a place to record the date they arrived would be nice. 

~ Jane

Bane
new here
new here

jellybean wrote:I've only recorded a few spirit's details so far, I planned to use a different tab for each type of spirit with each spirit details in a different column. I started that about 3 years ago but didn't keep it up, I keep getting distracted & forgetting to update.
That's part of the reason why I made this post and just made a little group on parashock about this. I get distracted and lose focus on things easily.
jellybean wrote: I always keep a copy of the listing as well. Sometimes the info in that is the same as they send you and sometimes it!s not, so maybe a field for that?

A field for the listing how so? A field to copy paste the listing's information?
jellybean wrote: Also maybe a date they joined the family? Spirits, other than human spirits, don't usually have birthdays as such and some people like to celebrate the anniversary of when they joined the family so a place to record the date they arrived would be nice. 
Well as requested on it, here's a little update also on how it's being made (sorry it has to be link directed due to size :] ):
http://www.paraecho.com/public/album_ph ... c5.jpg?c=a

Ferocious Harmony
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 200
If I could be anything, I would be...: Me
Zodiac:

This is a great idea. I myself write everything down in my pocket grimoire that I always keep on my person. Having a backup in a cloud drive and hidden on the PC as well. It's also been a fun exercise to try to remember everyone's name/association via memory palace. If anyone is interested in that Moonwalking With Einstein By Joshua Foer is an easily digestible medium to get into it. I think one of my first posts on here was about memory actually. My spirits help me keep cobwebs out of my Hippocampus haha. : P

I read these words of my future in the past, and now my lie is true.

There is always a solution, have you the fortitude to seek it.

moonshadowlab
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 30
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: DC
If I could be anything, I would be...: Me Myself and I
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

I love it, what a great idea ! I would definitely would use this