Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 28
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: Still Learning
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: I am still seeking it, Elyphtc on paraecho

So I have taken advantage of the sale and bought several spirit, 2 of which are a custom conjure familiar and a hyena familiar . I've never had one before and don't consider myself an archetype : healer, dark witch etc. what's kinds of things can I expect from my familiars? How do I work with them? Thanks! :U

Be Honorable, Be respectful, we are not as wise as we think we are...
My spirit family: 1 chinese guardian dragon, attendant dragon, healing dragon, fox, ki'lin, 3 fu pair. 1 gargoyle,1 lasa, 1 leprechaun,3 African arifa queen djinn.
1 Sigil wolf dragon, 1 phoenix, 1enochian angel, 2 dryad, faun, raccoon familiar, hyena familiar, enan dragon, Kitsune, cherub, pipe fox, fylgia! Sorry if I left anyone out!
moonwind
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Moonwind
Zodiac:

I would first start with the CH Encyclopedia if your familiar's are there. If not maybe someone else will chime in.

Just because it does not work for them does not mean it will not work for you!

ImageImageImage
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I look forward to seeing answers, too. I have servitor familiars (with another on the way), but I'm also looking forward to receiving the custom spirit Familiar who is on a recent order. So this is a general shout-out to the familiar-using peeps on the forum for some feedback on what works well for them. :)

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
darklordmidnight
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 47
Your favorite spirit to work with: Servitors
My magical/paranormal name...: kelistarian
Zodiac:

My familiars are great, they aid me in my magicks, they allow me to see through their eyes. They are awesome companions, and some of my closest friends.

"I may be a Construct, But I Feel, Love, and Want. Does That Not Make Me A Living Being?"

"7 Years Have Gone, It Can No Longer Be Left Undone
The Candle Must Be Burn Again, And Pain
Must Follow the Unholy Flame
So Burn...Burn...Burn
And Free the Spirit From Its Chain"
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Familiars are meant to empower the individual with their respective essence, and unique skill-set. So they are there to contribute to your own strengths, support you, guide you, grant you insight in subtle ways that cannot be achieved alone, and call up forces familiar to their kind in aiding you. They are work partners, friends, even mentors.

When it comes to animals I have worked with physical-turned-spirit familiars, in that case they were animals I kept in life and developed a bond with, which acted as physical familiars (in which their presence and telepathic notions empowered my work) - and after death if returning in spirit, the bond already established proved key in advancing my practices.
Each familiar I work with aids in very different engagements. Lesser 'demonic' beings, certain golems and creatures I interact with through other planes or states of being can be considered familiars as well and all have their own specialties. A variety is nice to have, but you cannot go wrong with having one special familiar either.

They may interact through dreams, telepathy, signs, or simply energetically - gathering what you desire or what you most need using their powerful sense/connection to the elements or realms. Each type will hold a different array of gifts that could apply best to varying parts of your metaphysical path, but serve you in quite the same fashion. I would look up their significance as totems, once they are revealed to you, for some insight on what their species can offer - but you are sure to be given notes on why the specific familiar came through to you, anyway.

ASH
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: HARPY, PROMETHEUS
If I could be anything, I would be...: HUMAN, LOL
My super power would be...: Super speed

THEY REALLY PONY UP THEIR STRENGTH WHEN YOU WANT TO WORK WITH MAGICK OR WITH SPELLS. THEY CAN GIVE YOU A LITTLE EXTRA PUNCH OF ENERGY & HELP YOU WORK WITH NEW SPELLS.

THEY ARE REALLY LOYAL SO EXPECT THEM TO COZY UP TO YOU OVER OTHER KEEPERS IN THE HOUSE.

WISHES FOR YOUR DELIGHT,

WHAT I DO ON MY DAYS OFF
starfire
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
Zodiac:

Familiars, for myself, I would consider the very first step in spirit keeping, as you have a bond with your familiar and most of the time it is a animal of some form!!!! Native Americans and others have always looked at the animals and feathered wings(birds) and those that live in the rivers and oceans, both wild and domesticated to help guide them on their spiritual journey!!!!! I myself have always had animals come into my life from time to time, which have always helped me in one form or another and yes they are a powerful boost for doing any kind of ritual and or spell work!!!!

Also trees and plants can also help as well!!!!! 7\ We also use stars and planets to help us too!!!! We even can call on the rivers, oceans to help give a boost, much like when we call on the Sun and or Moon and follow the cycles of each, as well as the Earth herself!!!! 7\

starfire ::dragons::

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Wheeee, she's conjured, her vessel is shipped, and she's sitting on my shoulder. :) Welcome to my new parrot familiar. I look forward to working with her. :)

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

My Parrot rarely leaves my shoulder. :) She's great!

And when I was reviewing the attributes of my various WWP guardians that I have been collecting, I made a (re)discovery. I'd completely forgotten that the Marbled Cat has familiar capabilities, too. So that's THREE servitor familiars, soon to be more as the Dove Familiar and the Black Cats Halloween Guardians are on the way. They have familiar capabilities as well, they're in the same order and I just got the shipping notice.

I am gonna be having soooo much fun around here. :)

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

Was looking for different information when I stumbled across this (https://www.patheos.com/blogs/matauryn/ ... ar-spirit/) I thought it was super interesting, although I should point out that it is intended to address a single, very specific tradition.
If you ask three different witches what a familiar spirit is, you’ll probably get at least nine different definition....In this piece, I will share what the Familiar Spirit is for me and for my tradition. This isn’t to say other traditions and witches who use the term familiar spirit in a different manner are wrong, just how my views and experiences differ from their views....

I will use capitalization of The Familiar Spirit to refer to the concept we use in Sacred Fires and lowercase familiar spirit to refer to other concepts regarding the familiar spirit, unless quoting someone else. If you’re interested in connecting with this sort of Familiar Spirit, Devin provides a process in of doing this in Chapter 11 of The Witches Book of Power and another process for doing this in Chapter 4 of The Witch’s Book of Spirits....
A few magical practitioners claimed that they first met their familiars in fairyland, or at the sabbath; however, a greater number claimed that their journey to these places had been initiated by the familiar’s invitation....Scattered throughout encounter-narratives from Southern England, where descriptions of sabbath and fairyland experiences are seldom found, we still find references to familiars attempting to lure magical practitioners to ‘go with them’, although the destination- is not specified.
The Familiar is its own independent and conscious entity that exists with or without you....

I can see why the Familiar and the Fetch get confused and conflated as there are many parallels. The Fetch is our lower self, our animalistic self, our connection to nature, and our physical nature....Though we may have different symbols or animal totems that represent the Fetch Soul in different traditions of witchcraft, I believe that the Familiar Spirit takes on the primary form that is familiar to our own Fetch, as a primary form of interaction – though it’s not limited to this. I would refer to the Fetch as the Familiar Soul or Familiar Self and not the Familiar Spirit, which I view as external but linked and understood primarily to the Familiar Self. Another common apparition of familiar spirits in history and among modern witches is that of the imp, which is a very Lower Self image....
The job of the Familiar Self is to help manifest the will of the magical worker....Likewise, this was the task of the Familiar in the European traditions of magic – to work the will of the Witch.
...Familiars can be seen as allies or spirit guides. But I view a strong distinction. I believe they are a type of spirit guide, but differ greatly from common spirit guides.
Familiars are spirits who intimately work with us. Not particularly invested in the enrichment of our souls, they are more interested in being friends and partners in crime. On occasion, as with what happened with me and my familiar, these allies can start off as guides and then over time move into the role of familiar. Guides are rarely permanent fixtures and have a tendency to come when needed and then exit the stage once the job is done. Sometimes you make friends, however, and they stick around, dropping the formality of mentor and guide and sliding into a much more intimate partnership of equals....Our partnership was prearranged in a previous life, and apparently we have been doing this for a long time. In my travels and intrigues I have found that many witches have similar past-life experiences and connections with their familiars.
...Familiars once recognized are lifelong partners, though they aren’t familiar until recognized – until then, it’s pretty much a Stranger waiting for you to remember it. The other key point here is the relationship between the Familiar and the Self through many lifetimes....

The Familiar Spirit is concerned with your vocation as a Witch. As such, they desire to ensure that you are the best witch you can be. They become somewhat of your sidekick (or perhaps you’re theirs) when it comes to the magickal path. As such, they will assist in magickal practices a spirit guide typically wouldn’t – because their focus is on helping you achieve greater magick, not the human conceptions of morality with that magick. They become intermediaries between you and other spirits, translators of psychic information, revelators of new magickal information and insights. The relationship feels like that of a soul mate – a concept I don’t typically believe in. They become your greatest partner, your greatest ally, and your greatest asset as a witch. There’s also a familiarity that feels like it goes beyond any one lifetime, a familiarity felt like none-other....

Return to “Creatures”