Gaby having surgery tomorrow

We love fur babies around here! Share your pics & stories!
Daneerie
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

The other possibilities that match are lymphoma and triaditis. When we told the vet diarrhea had resolveu before we had a chance to try any of the new meds she was very surprised so I am hoping this is triaditis... Its bad but manageable. They dont think it can be malnourishment but I do because she can barely walk. We have taken the risk and started feeding her more and she held it down. We nearly post her this weekend. We took her to the transfusion and she was already pale and unresposive. She came back from the dead after 20ml of pure red cells.

If her bone marrow doesnt respond there is nothing else we can do... Because the transfusion wasnt enough to get her strong so we cant put her under anesthesia to figure out whats causing the bone marrow failure. However if it does respond then we have a chance to actually get her back on her Feet again. She cant walk and wanted to play anyway. She felt much better after the transfusion and demanded food right there
My spirit family: gryphon, 2 arkan sonney, ki-lin, cwn anwnn, amphisbaena, unicorn, pegasus, 2 phoenix, gargoyle, duojna, wraith, fylgia, volkh, courtwind angel, bronwyn angel, sterling angel, blue dragon, black dragon, 1 divine dragon, 2 red dragons, 2 silver dragons, green dragon, 2 star faery, marid djinn, 2 gold djinn, cleopatra djinn, ifrit djinn, golden djinn, manananggal, sang and energy vamp, faery/djinn mix, werewolf, liderc, hellhound and I love them all! :inlove:
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I'm glad to see that the transfusion paid some instant dividends. I will have to look up triaditis, since that's a term I haven't seen before.

I hope it's not lymphoma, too, since that's not always a case where surgery is an option. Chemo can be a possibility, and there are a few options there, but the main focus is likely to be on maximizing quality time, rather than seeking a cure. Having said that, it's possible to attain real quality time that way. Melody ate, played, and demanded attention the whole time she received treatment, right till her time came.

Keeping the prayers coming and the spirit/servitor team in place.
Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

I hope it is triaditis. From what I am reading, it is treatable, but with treatment lasting for the rest of her life.
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/pic/artic ... cleid=3040
http://vetbook.org/wiki/cat/index.php/Triaditis
http://www.cliniciansbrief.com//columns ... itis#close
The last link, you will have to register an account to see
Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
Daneerie
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

I had a cat die of triaditis a few years ago, but I think she would have been saved with the correct treatment and a feeding tube. It's a challenging treatment but it's better than lymphoma. She can't have any treatment whatsover for lymphoma because of the anemia.
She felt great after the transfusion but she's lethargic again and not eating again. The blood loss or destruction must still be there but we don't know what it is and as far as we know, the anemia is not regenerative. I can't stand to see her suffer like this.

The vet will start her on antibiotics again tomorrow, as this is either an infection or cancer.... so we'll treat what can be treated and hope for the best.
My spirit family: gryphon, 2 arkan sonney, ki-lin, cwn anwnn, amphisbaena, unicorn, pegasus, 2 phoenix, gargoyle, duojna, wraith, fylgia, volkh, courtwind angel, bronwyn angel, sterling angel, blue dragon, black dragon, 1 divine dragon, 2 red dragons, 2 silver dragons, green dragon, 2 star faery, marid djinn, 2 gold djinn, cleopatra djinn, ifrit djinn, golden djinn, manananggal, sang and energy vamp, faery/djinn mix, werewolf, liderc, hellhound and I love them all! :inlove:
Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

All we can do is hope for the best and keep praying.
Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Daneerie
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Gaby's bone marrow is working again! Today's test showed that after the transfusion, her red cell count is at 21% and still regenerating, so that's very good news.

We also discovered that the cause for the anemia was GI bleeding. The vet said it is probably because of the severe diarrhea she had. Now that it is getting better, we will repeat that in 5 days or so to see if the bleeding continues.

She is now severely dehydrated because she couldn't have any fluids due to the severe anemia, but the vet gave us the go to restart fluids every other day. That should make her feel better.
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Daneerie wrote:Gaby's bone marrow is working again! Today's test showed that after the transfusion, her red cell count is at 21% and still regenerating, so that's very good news.

We also discovered that the cause for the anemia was GI bleeding. The vet said it is probably because of the severe diarrhea she had. Now that it is getting better, we will repeat that in 5 days or so to see if the bleeding continues.

She is now severely dehydrated because she couldn't have any fluids due to the severe anemia, but the vet gave us the go to restart fluids every other day. That should make her feel better.
Tap-dancing for joy over here. :) That's fabulous! Well, not the severe dehydration part, but now you can treat it so she'll be in a lot better shape before you know it.

Outstanding! :)
Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Daneerie wrote:Gaby's bone marrow is working again! Today's test showed that after the transfusion, her red cell count is at 21% and still regenerating, so that's very good news.

That's two tap danging steps in the right direction. More prayers for healing.
Huffette
Daneerie
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

She's a tough little fighter! :) Thanks for the prayers!

The damn giardia (or a similar parasite) is back. At least this time we know how to recognize the signs. The vet said reinfection is very common, even with the extreme hygiene we're doing to prevent it. We immediately started her on the drug the vet had recommended before, but had told us to wait to see how she'd do before starting it. One dose was enough to get her asking for her favorite treats. Her gums and paw pads are still pink. We have to watch that carefully because that damn parasite caused the anemia the last time.

She still needs to get her strenght back. Poor thing is all wobbly when she walks, she's skin and bones. But we're feeding her religiously. We'll try making her gain some weight and some of her strenght back. She wasn't able to walk because she was too weak like a week ago so that's an improvement too!
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

I'd love to give her some of my excess pounds, lol. I'm glad she's rallying!

Return to “Paws, Claws, Feathers, Furries & Fins”