You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 40
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: all of the above
If I could be anything, I would be...: fine as I am
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Ooooo! hupsu I'm excited for you! :crazy:

The world is not painted in black and white but in all shades of gray.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. –Buddha
Ish
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Your favorite spirit to work with: my own
If I could be anything, I would be...: table salt

I feel the need to bump this thread for a few reasons. Now that the link for Loki is up and available, I feel more experiences and advice should be shared on this particular immortal. So far, we've all had to base our ideas and precognitions of him based on Eddas and a few lines of information from the encyclopedia, but none of us have really gotten to the nitty gritty of Loki.

Sure, going and looking up myths about him is fine, but we all know myths aren't always the most trustworthy stories to look into what with translations always going awry and whatnot.

I don't mean to insult anyone if it comes off as me being a bit preachy, I'm just genuinely interested in receiving more information on loki as to what type of being he IS. Is he kind, lascivious, wise, a good listener, prone to temper tantrums, willing to work with humans on their level, etc etc?

I ask this because I've been very drawn to Loki for a while now but I am a person of organization. I need things to always be in order and confusion and I are mortal enemies. I absolutely avoid conflict like the plague and will go out of my way to stop any sort of chaos from happening. As such, I am confused as to why I would be so drawn to Loki. I fear (and I mean that in a nervous sort of way) that I even was visited by him in a dream once. He preached to me (if it really was him) the importance of changing my ways and letting go of my stuck up tendencies or else lose all that I love. It sounds very much like it would be him (he was quite handsome, charming, and very funny) but anyone who has ever seen me in a chaotic part of my life can tell you how hard it is on me. It draws me to the point of suicide (I know, not healthy).

I guess it makes sense that he would like to show me how to ease up BUT, I want it to be in a slow and steady manner. If he suddenly upchucks my house in a tornado to make me "start over", I am afraid I will not be working with him anymore. Too much at one time will destroy me, I just know it.

So for those of you who have affiliations of any sort with Loki, would you be so kind as to enlighten me as to how kind/understand Loki can be? Please and thank you in advance.

Maythen21
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 30
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Ish wrote:I ask this because I've been very drawn to Loki for a while now but I am a person of organization. I need things to always be in order and confusion and I are mortal enemies. I absolutely avoid conflict like the plague and will go out of my way to stop any sort of chaos from happening. It draws me to the point of suicide (I know, not healthy).

I guess it makes sense that he would like to show me how to ease up BUT, I want it to be in a slow and steady manner.

Too much at one time will destroy me, I just know it.
Ok, my perspective is from direct reverence. I do not have an immortal binding of Loki, so please bear that in mind. I make no claim beyond personal experience.

Honestly, you sound exactly like the sort of person Loki would be drawn to. There isn't much He enjoys more than shaking up those that He deems need the shake.

In my previous post on this thread I mentioned some of His other names: Loki is also known as; Lie-Smith, Father of Monsters, and Breaker of Worlds. He specializes in changes. The big catastrophic sorts.

Really think about that.

When every Tower is falling, when the world has turned against you, when all is rent asunder… there’s no one else I can think of that I’d rather raise a glass to Armageddon with.

Loki can be lots of fun. You’re right; handsome, charming, funny. He’s witty and wicked, lascivious and lethal. But there’s a depth that’s easy to overlook. This is a God that knows Suffering, that knows Punishment, that knows Madness and Betrayal. There’s an immense power in what He offers, but often to find the true diamond at the center all else must be burned away. Not everyone is willing to rise from the ashes of their own funeral pyre.

At His lightest, Loki is a trickster, a prankster, using whit and jest to poke fun where it will do the most good, to shake things up when stagnation threatens. Perhaps that’s all the immortal binding would give you access to, I honestly don’t know.

Personally, I take Him for all that He is; the dark and the light, the silly and the savage. He does the same for me, and that seems more than fair.

Ish
new here
new here

Maythen, thank you for your indepth response.

I had a bit of a talk with him the other night and laid it all out on the line. I told him about the dream, asked if it was him, asked why he would come to a simple girl who just wants life to be a smooth ride. That I knew of, I had never done him any harm. As a child, I even wrote a story about a man named Loki and his wife (at that point, I didn't even know about the immortals). I told him I could understand his point of view in me needing to make changes but I told him I simply could not deal with huge upheavals. He would destroy my mind if he did so. I talked for a while, felt a presence, but then left it at that and said my goodbye, knowing if he really wanted to, he'd get a message across to me somehow.

Later that evening I was furious. I was angry and anxious and irritable and just all around a bad sport. I could feel this being his energy making me this way (I don't seem to take on darker energies very well) and had my dragon look into it (she came to the same conclusion). I don't think Loki himself was mad at me, but I believe he stuck around. And if I can't be a jovial happy person, I can't really properly continue through my days. I'm not sure how to continue. I'd like to say a simple "I'll work with you if you please take it easy on me" but I don't know how he would like that or if limiting him would make him mad. Not to mention it seems like mercury being in retrograde might be an amazing time for him to mess with me.

Maythen21
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 30
Zodiac:

Ish

Please understand that I mean this in the kindest possible way... but you sound as though your mental health is in a delicate state of balance. If maintaining your sanity requires your life to be a "smooth ride" and maintain a constant state of being "a jovial happy person" I strongly advise you to consider seeking some professional assistance.

Wether your life includes spirits or metaphysics there will still be bumps. There will be upheavals. There will be times you can't be jovial or happy. The parameters you're placing on reality are faulty.

Fights will still happen, jobs will be lost, friends will betray you, finances will go awry, and bad things will happen. They happen to good people and rotten ones too.

Life is not supposed to be a cake walk.

I wouldn't reccomend Loki in your case, although if He takes an interest in you there isn't much you can do other than try to buy Him off. I have decent luck with hostess Tiger Tails (zingers will do in a pinch) and booze (Boons Cherry works fine).

There's nothing wrong with developing some more coping mechanisms. There's change and upheaval in the air, none of us can avoid it forever.

Cheeky Devil
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 100
If I could be anything, I would be...: an angel
Zodiac:

Hi snowdrop, I am also drawn to Loki but I decided to wait for a while to get his binding. I started a thread on Loki a while ago. You will find a lot of info on Loki on Page 2 of this thread.

http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/vie ... hilit=loki

In the end, whatever you decide, make sure you take your time to think things through and go with your intuition. If you feel you're not ready for him, then let it go. Take some time out, continue with your journey and see how you feel in a few months.
Good luck.

Anna
Ish
new here
new here

It isn't my mental health that is like this, it is my emotional health. I have empath abilities and I simply am not able to control how or what I feel, nor how much I feel it. This allows me to, most of the time, leave an area when I feel negativity abounding. I avoid people whom I know are not the type I would like to be around at that moment and it keeps me relatively in a constant state of "nothing is wrong". Being around people who are, for lack of a better word, wretched at that moment, makes me feel such terrible bouts including depression, anger, and in some cases, outright hostility.

I understand life isn't always going to be easy, but this gift makes it just a tad easier to avoid big negative conflicts.

That and no psychiatrist/psychologist ever helped me before when we all thought it was just depression and I doubt they ever will now that I KNOW it's not depression. I never liked them much to begin with anyways, so that suits me just fine.

But thanks for letting me know I can actually appease him into leaving me be with snacks. I'll definitely try that.

Snowdrop12
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 40
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: all of the above
If I could be anything, I would be...: fine as I am
Zodiac:

Sorry of the late reply, frankly I had thought that everyone forgot me.

Hello Ish. Seeing as I'm a bit late, he may have already left you, he is not one to stay put for long but will return when you need him. If he hasn't left then you must be either giving him food that he likes or you have been able to keep him amused. Loki tends to deal with everyone differently. In your case I feel its a bit of keeping himself amused and teaching you a lesson that you are in need of learning. Here is some advise the chaos that occurs in our lives makes us stronger and more wary of greater chaos to come. Now here is a warning that has all of my heart behind it, don't fear and reject chaos, if you do when the Tower falls it won't be by Loki's hands or anyone else it will be your own. Order breeds chaos and chaos breeds order.

Now that I'm done with the serious stuff I'll tell you about something that Loki has done for me at my most earnest request. I am at a four year college now and this is my first semester and I live on campus. You can guess what that means, roommate problems. In my defense I thought everything was fine and dandy, apparently it wasn't. Three to four weeks she blew up at me complaining about my side of the room. Basically our ideas of clean are completely different, i.e. god forbid I leave a small bag of chips on my desk for an hour. Anyway she blew up at me twice more after the first time. I became very uneasy being in the room with her and when she wasn't there I feared her return. Up until now I have never asked, at least to my remembrance, anything of any Immortal I've always assumed (do to my low self esteem) that no one would give a damn. Now I do have many spirit friends and they were helping here and there, but it kind of amounted to, too little to late and not a lot of consistent resolve from my end to make things even. Eventually I reached my breaking point and basically begged for Loki's help (now I know that begging was a mute point, because he would have helped me any way if I had just asked). I have had no more problems with my roommate. My roommate has, since the time of me begging for his help, has let her side of the room degrade considerably among other things. I don't know what he did exactly, but thank you Loki!

Anyway I hope you are having a better time with him or you have things all squared away.
I wish you the best of light, luck, love and a small bit of chaos on your soul's journey.

The world is not painted in black and white but in all shades of gray.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. –Buddha
Aysun
new here
new here

Ish wrote:It isn't my mental health that is like this, it is my emotional health. I have empath abilities and I simply am not able to control how or what I feel, nor how much I feel it. This allows me to, most of the time, leave an area when I feel negativity abounding. I avoid people whom I know are not the type I would like to be around at that moment and it keeps me relatively in a constant state of "nothing is wrong". Being around people who are, for lack of a better word, wretched at that moment, makes me feel such terrible bouts including depression, anger, and in some cases, outright hostility.

I understand life isn't always going to be easy, but this gift makes it just a tad easier to avoid big negative conflicts.

That and no psychiatrist/psychologist ever helped me before when we all thought it was just depression and I doubt they ever will now that I KNOW it's not depression. I never liked them much to begin with anyways, so that suits me just fine.

But thanks for letting me know I can actually appease him into leaving me be with snacks. I'll definitely try that.

Ish, i would suggest this:
http://shop.creepyhollows.com/product.p ... t=0&page=1

See if that helps you or anything, cos i think its a good thing to have in your case.

If you get in control of your abilities you can handle much more i think. Maybe even Loki
I also suggest you look around for some spirits/immortals that can really help you in that department. If you haven't already.

And this will probably be wrong and bring him [Loki] closer to me (lol) but i think i will keep away from him for now, If he hasn't already gotten to me :B
I think having the Baron around will make things interesting enough for now lol.

Loki
new here
new here
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 250
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Foxes
If I could be anything, I would be...: Shapeshifter
Zodiac:

Ah, good ole Loki.

What can I tell you about him?

When I was first called to him, he continued to appear out of the corner of my eye. Handsome, devilish bloke.
The word LOKI stamped itself into my head.
I laughed because I am already a trickster myself. It was meant to be.

After taking a shower, I had asked for a sign if he was really, truly who I was seeing.
The second I stepped out of the shower, the fire alarm outside the door went off. At first, I was bewildered and turned it off. Once I had went upstairs, to sit for a bit, I focused on him yet again. There he was, sitting in front of me on my bed, smiling a dorky smile. He tapped the tattoo on my wrist, a interesting twist of the ouroboros melded with nordic tribal design. "Bind me here."

Now, it had been a while since I had bound anyone myself...and I know Loki's nature. He is just like me. I was wary of a possible trick.
Thinking he was just playing at me, I asked for him to TRUTHFULLY, tell me what he wanted. "do you really want me to bind you here?"
He vanished and a whisper echoed behind my ears "Listen for me, kiddo." The fire alarm went off again. There was my signal.

I hopped online and did a bit of research, and here, in creepyhollows, I had almost decided to purchase him. But he hollered this time directly into my mind. "BIND ME YOURSELF!!!"
So I had to bump up on what I had learned before, and I bound him in my tattoo on my wrist. Now when he wants to talk to me, he will squeeze the wrist if I don't see him. I laughed when he went to see THE WOLVERINE with me recently. We tend to talk about movies, and actors, and magick. He is a wonderful inspiration for pranksters like myself.

In short. He will push you to better yourself, he can be full of himself, a flirt (watch out, he flirts with men and women)a suck up sometimes, diabolical, hilarious, and a true companion to those who call on him. I see him every day, and talk to him almost every day. Loki is tied with Anubis as far as my best friends in the immortal department. But Anubis(to my experience) does not carry Loki's sense of humor..which is good..that'd end up strange for everyone I think.

Sorry for the long post. It was just one example of Loki experience that I felt could aid you.

Good luck with your journey with immortals.

The trickster's function is to break taboos, create mischief, stir things up. In the end, the trickster gives people what they really want, some sort of freedom.

Return to “Immortals”