a wierd question involving a "demon" situation.

shadowdragon1011
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

I am new and wanted to ask for your opinions on this situation. So, I was talking to a friend of mine, and he said that a person at a college I used to go to, is possessed by a demon of some sort. Obviously, I started to ask questions, like does she have any medical issues or what not? Then my friend said something wierd/interesting, that this being or spirit was "marking" people. I am not sure as to what tgis entails I am not sure. I asked even more questions like are you sure it is a demon or some other sort of creature? (I like to ask questions involving the paranormal, just to be sure) I also asked about the markings. I did not get a clear answer. We went of on a tangent about exorsisms and the like. My friend then said that he was going to "burn" the creature out of her. I said something a long the lines of that could end up harming her. We argued about this. He said that he was going to do this, because of the fact that his girlfriend (another aware) was marked. Other then the conversation ended there. I was wondering what all of your thoughts are on this situation.

jewelheart
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Fairy
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Soul Wings
Zodiac:

Well, I am wondering how he plans to burn the creature out of her. Does he mean literally or metaphorically? I am hoping the latter, but even then I don't know what that entails. This sounds like a very serious situation. Maybe the girl should seek the guidance from a professional first such as a priest or to make sure all medical problems are ruled out first. Does he say what she is doing? The marking of people sounds a bit freaky to me, but again, I don't know exactly what that involves as you pointed out. I would say the best advice is to get checked out medically first, then if that does not provide any answers, seek someone who knows more about banishing possessions. There is a good encyclopedia article on here about this very subject and how a person can take control themselves. Will see if I can find it.

(Edit to add:)
Here is a good page regarding what to do about evil entities. Very interesting reads:
http://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/index. ... how&cat=49

I LOVE Dragons!!
shadowdragon1011
new here
new here

Jewelheart, I think my friend means litteraly, when it comes to the burning the creature out. I asked him to seek out help first and asked questions, but he ignored that. He thinks he knows what he is doing, but I am not so sure.

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

He will end up in jail and she will end up in the hospital or worse. I hope he doesn't go through with any such thing. They need trained help. My first thought is that they need to call their local Catholic diocese for advice. If there's a legit possession issue going on, the Catholic Church does have trained exorcists.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
shadowdragon1011
new here
new here

He is going to do what he is going to do. I tried to talk him out of it, but he won't listen. I can only hope that he does not manage to succeed. I know that is mean, but I do not want blood on his hands. I have meet many people on my journey through life that claim to have magical gifts. I have one advantage they do not. I have seen people, friends and ex-friends, use magic selfishly and poorly, only to have it spit back in their faces. I do not want to be one of those people and I am trying to learn magic safely and correctly. However, back on topic, my friend says that he is going to use "black fire" on her. I am not sure what that is or means.

Samsara
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 21
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Nebs Angel Watchers
If I could be anything, I would be...: Goddess

Well if you go by muslim beliefs, when people go through a djinn possession, they get sprayed with holy water and sometime the exorcist will hit the possessed. Because it is believed the djinn will feel the pain of the physical body and leave.

Now the whole issued of marked or not marked probably stems from movies, fictional reading or ending somewhere on the internet they shouldn't have been.

I would highly suggest he hire a professional so she can avoid scars both mentally and physically! Sometimes they just have to rationalize with the spirit.

"Man is what he sees in other people."
jewelheart
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Ohhh....that is definitely not a good situation shadowdragon. That would be considered attempted murder if she lived through it and murder if she doesn't. I agree with Likes2Read.....This girl needs to seek the help of a professional person who deals in these matters...they are the ones that can help properly. And he is her friend? Also there are so many other things this could be or to consider first before coming to the demon conclusion....not saying he isn't right...he very well may be right about it, but it would be nice if she could get advice from a Catholic professional that deals with demonology. They would know for sure most likely and could help. I am sorry you are in this position, you must feel pretty conflicted about all of this.

I LOVE Dragons!!
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Amen. I don't want to see her OR him getting harmed in any way. Whatever this spirit or entity is, might lash out at her AND at him when he starts to try to expel it, if he has no real idea what he's doing.

It might be worth considering whether the police need to be called, if you have reason to believe that anyone is in danger of bodily harm. The police's response might include a psychological evaluation for him or her, or both, and they might not be happy about it, but it's better than seeing anyone getting harmed or killed. That would be a dreadful outcome.

I've seen the phrase "black fire" in passing, but I honestly don't have a clear grasp on what it means either. And I am not a person who's willing to play with literal OR figurative fire without knowing what I'm doing, and without a fire extinguisher and flameproof suit handy. So I get an uncomfortable feeling at the thought that someone else might be forging ahead with half-baked information about anything with "fire" in its name.

I honestly hope that any trained exorcist can get involved, be they from the Church or from some other background. They are the ones who are taught things like differentiating between an actual possession and a psychological break from reality, and when it IS a possession, they have got some legitimate knowledge of how to proceed without getting everyone killed.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
jewelheart
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

shadowdragon1011 wrote:He is going to do what he is going to do. I tried to talk him out of it, but he won't listen. I can only hope that he does not manage to succeed. I know that is mean, but I do not want blood on his hands. I have meet many people on my journey through life that claim to have magical gifts. I have one advantage they do not. I have seen people, friends and ex-friends, use magic selfishly and poorly, only to have it spit back in their faces. I do not want to be one of those people and I am trying to learn magic safely and correctly. However, back on topic, my friend says that he is going to use "black fire" on her. I am not sure what that is or means.
Hmmm....Black Fire may be something else entirely. I tried to do a search on it and didn't find anything except for a couple of anime pages, but never found the phrase in the web page so not sure why it showed in up in search.

I LOVE Dragons!!
shadowdragon1011
new here
new here

Thank you Jewelheart. I am conflicted about all of this. My friend says it is a demon, but I do not. I think it is something else, like a feeder or something. But he is so convinced that it is a demon, and that it marked his girlfriend. I just do not want to see him wreck his life over this. Like I said before, I have seen people do stupid things with magick only to have it bit them in the but later. Also, I think he said black fire, but it could have been something else. I am still shocked at the situation.

Return to “Black Arts”