sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

That's a big AMEN to not treating my spirit/entity companions like property. I'll say I'm their keeper, but not that I own them.

Heck, I don't even use the word "own" to describe my connection to my pets. Yes, in the eyes of the law, I'm an owner, but in my eyes, The Critters are family. And judging from the behavior of The Critters, they seem to regard me as a maternal figure. I'm convinced that the cats perceive no species difference between The Hubby and me, and themselves. (But they think the dog is an animal, lol.) The dog treats me like a mama, too, and he's convinced that the MomLap is a safe place where nothing bad ever happens. (Which is why he launches himself into it like a missile when there's thunder.)

But I digress. I agree, "own" is a phrase that should be reserved for inanimate objects, not sentient beings.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

EGOIST wrote:I know that many who are new to this site (and even those who aren't) that tell us about "owning" (or something of that degree) a vampire, immortal, angel, etc., and it has really perturbed me for months, so I finally decided to make a post about it. But let's get something straight.

I'm not doing this to be rude, or because I'm the ultimate grammar Nazi, I'm doing this to make sure that you don't say something, when you really mean another, a clarification if you will.

You do not, and I repeat, DO NOT own the being that is tied to the vessel you bought. The only thing that you have bought is the conjurer's binding, and the vessel that it comes in. You paid for the connection and the vessel, and that's all. The spirit/entity/servitor is their own being, and I find it rude for someone to say that they "own" them, when they merely own the physical embodiment of the connection between keeper and being.

So please, now that I've given clarification about this, can we NOT say we "own" them (or something of the same degree) when we post something about our companions? Would you tell someone about your friend, and tell them about all the wonderful experiences you have with them, because you "own" them? Definitely not.
This is my point, exactly. You can see where I have posted this very fact multiple times, on multiple threads. We do not own them. They are companions, but we own the vessels they use. They are free to come and go as they please, and they choose to be with us. Things we own do not choose us.

[image]https://www.dreamstime.com/royalty-free-stock-photography-pegasus-clouds-image12645487[/image]
Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
EGOTIST
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

BlazeTigerNahti wrote:I agree
When we "Buy" a spirit or entity, we are only paying the Conjurer for the time and energy they put into the working they did
The Spirit/Entity is not for 'sale', only the time and effort is

We aren't slave keepers, We are Spirit Keepers
And anyone who tells you that the 'People' who have been bound are your 'slaves' shouldn't be dealt with imo
I thank you for this post
Well done

P.S. Please DON'T "grammar Nazi" me!!! I know I SUCK at grammer and don't need it pointed out lol

I shall spare you .... For today. 2cl But, be wary, because I am one with the grammar. 2an
Funny story, I bought a wooden cabinet recently and found out that an elemental of sorts was attached. Parts of the wood used to make the cabinet was taken from the tree that is his body, and so he's bound to it in that way.
Since I bought the cabinet, I now own his body! Muahahaha!!
Well parts of his body, and I'm more like the appointed caretaker when I think about it.. But whatever.
Poor elemental. I can only imagine him screaming, "HELP! This crazy perv has got me locked up!" Or something of the sorts. But I wonder what it's like to have your body cut up into multiple pieces ..... 2co

EGOTIST
neophyte
neophyte
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
Zodiac:

This is my point, exactly. You can see where I have posted this very fact multiple times, on multiple threads. We do not own them. They are companions, but we own the vessels they use. They are free to come and go as they please, and they choose to be with us. Things we own do not choose us.
I've seen one or two of those posts. Though, it took me awhile to finally post something about the terminology, because from a young age, I was raised to not point out things considered rude or blunt. 2qt

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Zodiac:

BlazeTigerNahti wrote: P.S. Please DON'T "grammar Nazi" me!!! I know I SUCK at grammer and don't need it pointed out lol
I saw a T-shirt online once: "I am the grammarian about whom your mother warned you."
::rofl:: :crazy: :lol:

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Drake
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: Don't know yet.
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sausage
My super power would be...: Laser-beam eyes
My magical/paranormal name...: Don't know.
Zodiac:

EGOIST wrote:
Funny story, I bought a wooden cabinet recently and found out that an elemental of sorts was attached. Parts of the wood used to make the cabinet was taken from the tree that is his body, and so he's bound to it in that way.
Since I bought the cabinet, I now own his body! Muahahaha!!
Well parts of his body, and I'm more like the appointed caretaker when I think about it.. But whatever.
Poor elemental. I can only imagine him screaming, "HELP! This crazy perv has got me locked up!" Or something of the sorts. But I wonder what it's like to have your body cut up into multiple pieces ..... 2co
That crossed my mind too, I was actually wondering how he felt that he was chopped down and made into furniture and such, but he seems pretty okay with it. Though that may be cause this is reclaimed wood, so it's been around for a long time. Probably had time to come too terms with it.
Only thing he really wants is that I keep "him" clean and cared for.

Huffdamagicdragon
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 1801
Spelled Number: 568
Your favorite spirit to work with: Lampades
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: DämonZerstörer

Yes I know I don't own them, but I will continue to say "my" because they are my friends and my helpers and my protectors.

wayyy too many in my keep to count let alone list
mostly djinn and dragons though
IoNz.S
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 627
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Everything except BA
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Great post. I prefer to call them my astral companions, or simply family :).

GenesisLove
neophyte
neophyte
Your favorite spirit to work with: All WA & DA
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
Zodiac:

It's been a while but, here I go again with a weird revelation post of my thoughts. Lol

I've mentioned it before, but I think there is a hidden reason why most spirits come forth to be bound. They seem to choose us. Sure some want our company and energy, but I believe there is a bigger picture we aren't aware of and it may have something to do with the great battle between good and evil that every religion speaks about in some form.

Maybe being bound to a human is new territory or a vacation from the usual; maybe not. If there is a big plan humans aren't aware of, how can we find out? I've heard the term on this forum that they keep us and I agree. But what are they keeping us for. Do some come forward to keep us safe because they've fallen in love with the human race? Keep us safe from what exactly "evil"?. But isn't evil a relative term. Are we like chess pieces in their game of influence ?

Now I've read that humans can control and in some cases enslave certain spirits. But even in that situation to what end would we use enslaved spirits except in warfare or triumph of some sort. And even then you'd need and an angel/entity/god/ etc to help you.

So what is the ultimate goal?

I want to challenge those who can proficiently communicate with your spirits to ask them. Ask if spirit keeping a part of a certain destiny that only the spirit world and maybe a hand full of humans are privy to knowing.

I would do it my self but I can't hear full sentences yet. I do here lots of what sound like howling, whistling & mumbling, but I'll save that for another post.

Own them? = Never

Love Conquers All, Even Fear.
Aprophis
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: Endless

[quote="GenesisLove"I've mentioned it before, but I think there is a hidden reason why most spirits come forth to be bound. They seem to choose us. Sure some want our company and energy, but I believe there is a bigger picture we aren't aware of and it may have something to do with the great battle between good and evil that every religion speaks about in some form.
[/quote]
If we're talking about spirits, most want a purpose. They've lost it over the decades/centuries of being a spirit. Some were even in danger of losing themselves.
Some just want to experience life again through us.
If we're talking about entities, that question is harder to answer, but it's probably that they're just curious about our lives and our society.

There's no big battle between good and evil because how/who would you define evil? Would it be a war between heaven and hell (pretty unrealistic since demons and angels try to stay out of each others way mostly......and sometimes even work together)? Between everything and Black Arts beings (who probably don't team up unless they need to because they hate each other as much as they hate everything). There's only 'small' battles where beings collide, in the worst case with BA.

Unless you consider the wars certain realms wage with others or certain races wage with others. War is pretty much everywhere not just in our realm.

I'm certain that some beings and spirits might want to gain allies for whatever purpose they have in mind, but I think that's rather more about personal fights/protection.

Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh

Return to “EXPLANATIONS”