Demon Commander

Cheese Sandwitch
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: demons
Zodiac:

Whether you subscribe to Pseudomonarchia Daemonum, Ars Goetia, Lesser Key, Dukante, etc heirarchies, there is no mention of an Imperador level demon.
kings
princes
presidents
dukes
marquis/marquess
counts/earls
sometimes Furcas is a knight
There are variations on gender and some are presidents in one heirarchy and a king or other rank in another but those rank titles are consistent throughout the various grimoires with regards to the Goetic Demons/Immortals. Sellers notwithstanding (of course!), the only place ive personally been able to find an "emperor" demon is on a fandom/gaming site. Either way, whatever this being/rank is, its not relative to the Goetia.

Cloud nine gets all the publicity, but cloud eight actually is cheaper, less crowded, and has a better view.- George Carlin
In heaven all the interesting people are missing - Friederich Nietzche
All religions, arts and sciences are branches of the same tree.- Albert Einstein
Share small joys. Even if you cannot live like a wild animal, give up your fear of being happy- 3 of Chalices Ludy Lescot Tarot
"Cheese- milk's leap to immortality"-Clifton Fadiman
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Cheese Sandwitch wrote:Whether you subscribe to Pseudomonarchia Daemonum, Ars Goetia, Lesser Key, Dukante, etc heirarchies, there is no mention of an Imperador level demon.
...Sellers notwithstanding (of course!), the only place ive personally been able to find an "emperor" demon is on a fandom/gaming site. Either way, whatever this being/rank is, its not relative to the Goetia.
Okay, found some:
Amenadiel is the Great Emperor of the west, who hath 300 great Dukes, and 500 lesser Dukes, besides 40000030000100000 other ministering spirits more Inferiour to attend him, wheof [whereof] we shall not make any mention but only of 12, of the cheefe Dukes and their seales which is sufficient for practice.
-Lemegeton Part II: Art Theurgia Goetia
http://www.esotericarchives.com/solomon/theurgia.htm
Lucifer – Emperor
-Grimoire of Pope Honorius: PRINCIPLE INFERNAL SPIRITS (1600)
http://demonsanddemonolatry.com/category/knowndemons/

Of course, not sure about the resource validity or the translation version, but not gaming or fandom websites:)

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Cka75
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Awesome. Always.
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Pretty awesome....

Ok.... So, some of these grimoires (Pope Honorus, for example) are very light on info. But the bigger problem is these "emperors" being discussed (lucifer, and apparently a westward elemental - normally held by leviathan) aren't "commanders" in the sense used for conjuring/binding/selling. In fact, they can't be bound. So the point of selling an emperor "lucifer" is silly. You can't bind lucifer. You can't bind a dark lord. Cheese's point is that there isn't any historical basis for this title. The cited to title doesn't fit with most information and also wouldn't work for binding. I would be leery of this. But, that's just me. Caveat emptor.

Dear haters,
I couldn't help but notice that "awesome" ends with "me" and "ugly" begins with "u." I think I'll keep on being awesome.
Cheese Sandwitch
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

The theurgia goetia is the second book/part of the lesser keys. it deals with "Aerial Spirits" , Not any of the 72 in the Goetia as we know them. Not demonics (which are the first part). Angelic type beings .

Quote:
Lucifer – Emperor
-Grimoire of Pope Honorius: PRINCIPLE INFERNAL SPIRITS (1600)

http://demonsanddemonolatry.com/category/knowndemons/

Of course, not sure about the resource validity or the translation version, but not gaming or fandom websites:)

rofl.. i helped put some of these articles together with Akelta and crew. Again... Lucifer- NOT a Goetic.

Cloud nine gets all the publicity, but cloud eight actually is cheaper, less crowded, and has a better view.- George Carlin
All religions, arts and sciences are branches of the same tree.- Albert Einstein
Share small joys. Even if you cannot live like a wild animal, give up your fear of being happy- 3 of Chalices Ludy Lescot Tarot
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Oo well, you're the resource, can't argue with that then:)

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Cheese Sandwitch
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

darkwing wrote:Oo well, you're the resource, can't argue with that then:)
lol not really. no im not. that was a quote from a grimoire from the 1600's . anyone can do the study for themselves and quote it. my point is, whatever /whoever this particular being is, is of no relation to the goetia. thats all Im saying.

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Cheese Sandwitch wrote: lol not really. no im not. that was a quote from a grimoire from the 1600's . anyone can do the study for themselves and quote it. my point is, whatever /whoever this particular being is, is of no relation to the goetia. thats all Im saying.
Yep, but you're part of one of the resources I found, so I think you have the knowledge in this topic:)
A good learning it is:D

Cka75
neophyte
neophyte

There is a lot of information out there, to be sure. A lot of helpful and good sources. But there is also a lot of crap out there too. A wise practitioner will take the time to sort through it all, utilize their common sense and do their best to discern fact from fiction, probable from improbable. It's definitely not something that can be done overnight. And there is massive value in the discovery of ones ignorance. To each their own, I say. Just be wise and educate yourself. :)

Dear haters,
I couldn't help but notice that "awesome" ends with "me" and "ugly" begins with "u." I think I'll keep on being awesome.
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Which is why it's good to read some experiences from those who have DC from different conjurers/systems:)

I read from S&S about divinity demon, and have one question: is there DC from divinity demon realm? Because it sounds like the listing is separated from the others.

Cka75
neophyte
neophyte

The listing is separate from the others. The divinity royalty hail from different (often smaller) realms outside of the core demonic realms. They're awesome companions - I love mine. But, so far, I haven't seen commanders from those realms. And if you did, odds are good that they wouldn't be as powerful as those from within the core realms. My two cents.

Dear haters,

Return to “Black Arts”