sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Etsy is cracking down on meta items that are neither handmade nor vintage. I belong to a meta seller support group, and a post appeared there a little while ago from the admin, It said that she had received emails containing the following statements. Emphasis has been added by me, as these are the parts that might cause backlash to sellers.
"Hi,
Not sure if you remember me from our Ebay days, but just wanted to give you a heads-up about Etsy Integrity Team.

Last week I was suspended for a few days because I was in non-compliance with their requirements.
Here is what they told me:

Because "the ring itself is commercially available, and does not appear to be made by you, the seller. Enchanting or imbuing this commercial item with spirits does not qualify it as Handmade.

As a result, you'll have to remove all listings featuring jewelry that is commercial, whether or not it has been enchanted by you
."

A later email went on to say:

"At this time, I've manually removed all jewelry from your shop that I can confirm as not Vintage.

Going forward, you may sell your potions. Please do not re-list any jewelry unless you have Vintage proof.

Here are some different types of documentation you may offer in the future to verify that your items are at least 20 years old:

Proofs of purchase that date the item
Receipts that date the item
Documents of authenticity that indicate date
Serial numbers or date codes, decoded to verify age
Detailed photographs of wear/tear or other indications of age

We want you to have a successful shop on Etsy. However, if you are unable or unwilling to comply with our policies, we may have to suspend your selling privileges permanently."
If you have an Etsy shop, review your listings accordingly.

Etsy just went public, so I guess they want to get anything that's dodgy-looking off their site... and I hate to say it, but to the general public who have no belief in the meta world, we meta sellers are dodgy-looking. So they're making life a little harder for meta people to do business.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Secretsensations
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a master
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity
Zodiac:

This is completely true, they shut down my shop for a while, took me forever to get it back up, that's why I just said forget it and opened my own website.

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

In the same discussion forum from which I quoted the post, there are reports that Etsy is also cracking down on certain types of spells, such as anything that includes "medical" claims. For example, they don't want spells for weight loss or even innocuous claims like "beautiful hair". There were also reports that sellers saw items delisted that had negative intent, like breakup spells and curses.

When the vessel is the problem, there are ways around that, like using a handmade or vintage vessel. But there's no simple way to relist an item if they have prohibited the actual type of spell that is being used.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Samsara
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 21
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Nebs Angel Watchers
If I could be anything, I would be...: Goddess
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Likes2Read wrote:In the same discussion forum from which I quoted the post, there are reports that Etsy is also cracking down on certain types of spells, such as anything that includes "medical" claims. For example, they don't want spells for weight loss or even innocuous claims like "beautiful hair". There were also reports that sellers saw items delisted that had negative intent, like breakup spells and curses.
Maybe for the best. Etsy probably doesn't want to be associated with legal issues that could arise from possible false claims or injury to another person. If anyone sues for injury or selling fake goods that don't work they'd most likely go after the bigger fish for not paying attention. Once you get to a certain $$ amount you are a target for all sorts of lawsuits.

"Man is what he sees in other people."
Ashen-Shugar
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Zodiac:

I've already seen a couple of sellers on my favorites list disappear. Another one just re-opened but lost all their previous feedback.

Anteros
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 200
Spelled Number: 400
If I could be anything, I would be...: My True Self
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

There is also bonanza.com

Unless they will be going the same way.

I noticed that one of my fav sellers has far more for sale on Etsy than Bonanza.
Unless it is down to fees etc differing between the 2 sites.

I used to know things
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

People have tended, up to this point, to have better sales on Etsy than Bonanza (from what I gather on the seller group, as I haven't got a Bonanza site myself). But if Etsy makes selling spells and spirits more difficult, there might be more sellers opening shops on other sites. That doesn't mean they'll leave Etsy altogether -- there are some people who already have a presence on both sites. But buyers, be aware that your favorite shops might be undergoing a bit of a makeover (or suddenly drop offline until they've been given said makeover and are cleared to reopen). And sellers, review your stock, and stock photos, if you have an Etsy presence, so Big Brother doesn't drop an unwanted "your items are delisted" email in your inbox.

It's a pain in the neck when sites suddenly change the parameters by which they allow shops to operate.

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

From today in the seller group...
Heads up Etsy sellers-- several big etsy meta stores were taken down today. I also see that <shop name redacted> is down to 19 items from over 400. So the crackdown is starting in full force!
The discussion listed some stores that were knocked entirely offline by the crackdown. So if you suddenly can't find a particular favorite meta shop on Etsy, don't panic. They might have gotten hit by the crackdown. Not everyone is in that seller forum, so not everyone saw the warnings about Etsy's new rule-enforcement policy. Some people's shops are HUGE and it might entail a lot of work for the seller to get all their items in line with the new Etsy guidelines. Be patient. They might have a lot of descriptions to re-write and a lot of photos to re-take, depending on what has to be done to get their shop into an Etsy-approved state.

AlaunarNoctis
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Your favorite spirit to work with: My friends of course
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire

Ugh, eBay all over again. 1hd

I got lost in his eyes, and his ponytail.
hhitachi74
new here
new here

I just received an email saying my etsy listings have been removed as of today as well. So they are still combing through the many stores I guess. Oh well!

Sent from my Z987 using Tapatalk

Return to “eBay/Etsy/Bonanaza/Website Auctions & Listings”