new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 27
Spelled Number: 5
My magical/paranormal name...: GhostChaser
Zodiac:

I am looking something that I can put in a pendant that I can wear that will keep people who are "Energy Vampires" from draining my energy. I other words make them feel uncomfrtable being near me to keep the away from my space.

I give you an example:

I noticed my friend when we are talking would keep getting closer to me, I would move further away and he would move back closer to me. We were at a fair and I was standing watching a show. He was about 6 " from my shoulder, I slowly moved to the left about 2 feet then in 5 min period he was back at 6" again, by the 30 min I must have moved 15 from our starting point to get away.

By the end of the night my energy was drained.

Thanks!

It is not the power of the God or Goddess that grants your desires, but the Will and Determination of the sender.

1 Volkh, - 1 Female Hippogryph - 20 Immortal Stone - 1 Female Nymph - 1 Male Gancanagh - 1 Female Stryx - 1 Male Basilisk - 1 Hag - 1 Night Play - 1 Pysonics Stone - 1 Discoverery of Personal Power Stone - Stamina and Memory Stone - 1 Third Eye Awakening Stone
Florian
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 7
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires, angels
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

I really don't think you need to worry about your friend, moving closer to you doesn't make him a psy vampire. It just makes him a person who may like to be close to you. In any case, not all psy vampires run around targeting people and draining them to the point they feel exhausted... most of the time they only take from crowds, feeding off the excess energies, and you wouldn't even notice it.

GreySkyMorning
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 7
Your favorite spirit to work with: can't choose!
If I could be anything, I would be...: Infernal Werewolf
My magical/paranormal name...: Skylar Hound (Sky) / Aliavo Verona (Liav)
Zodiac:

ghostchaser wrote:I am looking something that I can put in a pendant that I can wear that will keep people who are "Energy Vampires" from draining my energy. I other words make them feel uncomfrtable being near me to keep the away from my space.

I give you an example:

I noticed my friend when we are talking would keep getting closer to me, I would move further away and he would move back closer to me. We were at a fair and I was standing watching a show. He was about 6 " from my shoulder, I slowly moved to the left about 2 feet then in 5 min period he was back at 6" again, by the 30 min I must have moved 15 from our starting point to get away.

By the end of the night my energy was drained.

Thanks!
Your energy probably tapered out because that's what energy does when you're standing around/moving for a while.

You keep talking about trying to get away from him... why? You called him your friend. Do you not like being around people? Most people like being physically close to people they're comfortable with. If you do consider him a friend and like him, why haven't you said something about wanting more physical space? Those are my questions. 1tk

:werewolf:For blue, blue skies...
{If I ever sound rude, I didn't mean to! This is a preemptive apology if anything I say sounds mean!}
Spirits: My mom; Leonardo Da Vinci; 'Uno', werewolf mate; 'Deuce', kobold; 'Trip', alan; J, sterling angel; H, werewolf; F, hellhound; A, faun; K, gold djinn; 'Shu', xinshu dragon; S, psy vamp & brother; B, nympho; & a wraith & volkh!
Servitors: 2 year old son Benji; many others
ghostchaser
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 27
Spelled Number: 5
My magical/paranormal name...: GhostChaser
Zodiac:

Thanks for the replies.

GreySkyMorning <<< I do like being around people but not standing 6" from me.

I get together with many people including females and in most cases when we talk or get together we are within a 2' to 3 ' distance. Sometimes I see a few females back off slighty depending on who they are as if my energy overwelmes theirs.

Unless I am in a relationship with a female then I don't care if they climb all over me.

As far as my friend I do notice he wants to always get closer when talking, he is not gay plus he has an issue being around pepole who are gay. I am not gay but I have friends that are they don't bother me.

I know he has more of negitive energy within him at times. All I know is I feel more drained after hanging out with him more than being around others. It is almost like he takes my good energy to make himself feel better without working on making his energy better himself. Energy Bandit!

Hope this helps

It is not the power of the God or Goddess that grants your desires, but the Will and Determination of the sender.

1 Volkh, - 1 Female Hippogryph - 20 Immortal Stone - 1 Female Nymph - 1 Male Gancanagh - 1 Female Stryx - 1 Male Basilisk - 1 Hag - 1 Night Play - 1 Pysonics Stone - 1 Discoverery of Personal Power Stone - Stamina and Memory Stone - 1 Third Eye Awakening Stone
Gryphonista
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Witch
If I could be anything, I would be...: Me
My magical/paranormal name...: Winter Gryphon
Zodiac:

Ghostchaser, are you familiar with shielding? There should be a lot of threads about energy vampires and shielding here on the forum.

"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper." ~Eden Phillpotts
ImageImage
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

Some people have no concept of boundaries or personal space. I have one friend who is perpetually crossing what I would consider my "personal space" border, but I'm used to it so it's not an issue. If a stranger were to stand that close, though, my instinct would be to back up.

Where your friend is concerned, though, the idea of shielding is a good one. If you can construct the shield out of an energy type that doesn't bother you, but that he would find, shall we say, distasteful or uncomfortable, so much the better. Trying that tactic might resolve both of your issues with him at the same time. If you're surrounded by a type of energy that he feels is dissonant with his, not only will he not drain it from you, but chances are he'll be less likely to want to stand right IN your personal energy field, too.

He might not be doing this consciously, but even so, the kind of energy you're surrounded with will register with him on some level. So try this and see if it gets you your personal space back (not to mention, stops you from feeling excessively drained).

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
GreySkyMorning
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 7
Your favorite spirit to work with: can't choose!
If I could be anything, I would be...: Infernal Werewolf
My magical/paranormal name...: Skylar Hound (Sky) / Aliavo Verona (Liav)
Zodiac:

I would still recommend actual verbal communication, with or without any of that other stuff. Have you tried that? Just simply asking him to give you a little extra space? If he asks why there are plenty of things you can say, "It just makes me feel kinda claustraphobic, that's all."
"We're friends, but even friends need personal space."
Who knows, whatever sounds right to you. If you haven't actually said anything, I would recommend that highly first. If he doesn't respect that, then there's obviously a problem. Why make things more complicated than they need to be?

Best wishes. 1ey

:werewolf:For blue, blue skies...
{If I ever sound rude, I didn't mean to! This is a preemptive apology if anything I say sounds mean!}
Spirits: My mom; Leonardo Da Vinci; 'Uno', werewolf mate; 'Deuce', kobold; 'Trip', alan; J, sterling angel; H, werewolf; F, hellhound; A, faun; K, gold djinn; 'Shu', xinshu dragon; S, psy vamp & brother; B, nympho; & a wraith & volkh!
Servitors: 2 year old son Benji; many others
Madame Sosostris
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: forest creatures
If I could be anything, I would be...: invincible
My magical/paranormal name...: That's a Secret!
Zodiac:

Some people from different countries / cultures have a different comfort zone regarding personal space. Similarly, people from large metropolitan areas are often more comfortable in close proximity than people who are rural.

That said, I'd go with my instincts: You feel drained, you're being drained. Never mind whether that's the intention, it's the effect.

"I like you (if you do) but I notice we have different boundaries regarding personal space. I keep backing away because it makes me uncomfortable, not because I don't like you. Can you give me a foot or two?" I'd keep it light.

Truth. The last thing we ever think of so it's great for shock value. 1am

The Eight Tenets of Ritual Magick

1. Expect the unexpected;
2. Magic has no morality;
3. As above, so below;
4. There are no coincidences;
5. There is a choice that is no choice;
6. Change is the only constant;
7. Seize the day and there is a price to pay;
8. A true magician must transcend himself.

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”