If I could be anything, I would be...: Goddess
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

So I'm beginning to wonder if

Class 1 = Jann
Class 2 = Shaitan
Class 3 = Ghul
Class 4 = Ifrit
Class 5 = Marid

Because I can't seem to find an Ifrit on CH, and they really don't give me much of a description in the custom section. I figure the classes is really a code, am I correct?

"Man is what he sees in other people."
p’yunik~*~chovexani
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Grigori and Phoenix
If I could be anything, I would be...: I like being human!
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: p’yunik~*~chovexani
Zodiac:

suga wrote:So I'm beginning to wonder if

Class 1 = Jann
Class 2 = Shaitan
Class 3 = Ghul
Class 4 = Ifrit
Class 5 = Marid

Because I can't seem to find an Ifrit on CH, and they really don't give me much of a description in the custom section. I figure the classes is really a code, am I correct?
No, The classes are based on the entity themselves. You can have a class 5 Jann, and a class 1 Marid.
The classes are how powerful the entity is in regards to certain things like how far a distance they can have an effect on.
Here's the info on Efrit/ Ifrit
http://encyclopedia.creepyhollows.com/a ... ifrit.html
ANd the Class System:
http://encyclopedia.creepyhollows.com/a ... ystem.html

The different names, ie, Marid, Efrit, Ghul... etc, are the different umm, races, if you will. All of them are djinn, it's just they have different personalities and abilities. SOme say the Jann Djinn are one of the oldest races of Djinn, some say Marid, depending on who you talk to. Some will say Efrits can be vindictive and chaotic, others say they are some of the best companions they have ever had. Mostly you will find that the Marids, Efrits, Ghuls, and Janns are what they call believer djinn, meaning they serve Allah, although you may come across a few that do not.
For the most part however, Shaitan djinn are NOT believers, meaning they refused to serves Allah and made the choice to be dark, and can be very difficult to control.
If you are going to start out with a Djinn, I would recommend to start with a Marid, and see how it goes from there.
Personally I have mostly Marid, with the Efrits coming in Second, 2 Jann, 2 Sila, and a Ghul, with an Egyptian, African, and 2 Norse.... so there are lots of different ones to get to know. I have had wonderful experiences with all of mine

I hope I helped somewhat :)
Good luck.
Last edited by p’yunik~*~chovexani on Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

~*PHOENIXGUIDE*~
KANUKA PEPPER SELENITE
The Phoenix wings her way through desert skies, defying Fortune's spite, revives from ashes and rise-Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra
Ուր եք գնում, կարող եք հետեւել Աստծո լույսի ներքո :phoenix:
You share 50% of your DNA with a banana. Get over yourself.
spirits aren't pets...they don't come when called
Samsara
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 21
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Nebs Angel Watchers

Thanks for clarifying that. I just bought a class 5 Djinn called Aisah. But it doesn't say what "race" she is. Does anyone know?

p’yunik~*~chovexani
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Grigori and Phoenix
If I could be anything, I would be...: I like being human!
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: p’yunik~*~chovexani
Zodiac:

I believe that if you did not pick the race yourself, the djinn will pick you. This means you may get any of the Arabian, Islamic, Egyptian or African Djinn. Either way, whether you picked or not, I'm sure the one that is conjured will be a perfect match for you.

The Aishah djinn is basically what her characteristic will be if I understand it correctly, meaning she will help you with the gifts of Prosperity & Prophecy.

From your other posts, it seems she is already connecting well to you. Awesome :)

~*PHOENIXGUIDE*~
KANUKA PEPPER SELENITE
The Phoenix wings her way through desert skies, defying Fortune's spite, revives from ashes and rise-Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra
Ուր եք գնում, կարող եք հետեւել Աստծո լույսի ներքո :phoenix:
You share 50% of your DNA with a banana. Get over yourself.
spirits aren't pets...they don't come when called
Samsara
sanctified
sanctified

Ok, even more confusing..

So I've been scouring the net for more info about class. In one website they say the class structure is:

Jann - youngest weakest
Jinn - common, most likely to torment you
Shaitan - small time mischeif
Ifrit -strength and cunning
Marida - assigned to kings and priest

THEN there are these other class used for ebay marketing
warrior
phylum
phylum harem wife
Prince
Princess
Queen
King

Dude is this for reals? What kingdom did they serve? In this case who is the most powerful,reliable and most likely to be real?

Then you have the Ilmu khodam who is also after the throne... what throne is this? Especially if he/she outranks a djinn? And then the archangel. Which by the way i conjured myself with a friend once and nearly had a heart attack in my sleep. Wish came true though.

Vortex
active contributor
active contributor

Im fascinated by djinn society, but I also have trouble discerning what is really true and what is folklore out there on the net. As far as I have gathered, djinn are astral beings that live relatively close to the material plane (hence they interact with human so 'readily'). They live in tribes, or classes, such as marid, ifrit, etc. but there are probably many many others, these are just the most well known from (arabian) literature, they might be known by different names by different cultures.
As far as the titles, king/queen/elder etc. I wouldn't take it that too literally, its a rough indication of rank. Djinn apparently have a complex society of their own, one that is probably difficult to understand by humans. In this society you can gain rank by gaining in power. One way of gaining power and thus rank is apparently by granting wishes, one the motivations for willingly being bound by a human. There are other motivation as well I can guess, ranging from spiritual growth, moral ethos, to other agenda's we will probably never be privy to (or will make sense to us).

If anyone knows more or can correct me, please feel free to add. :)

AURA SHAMAN REDSTONE
Samsara
sanctified
sanctified

Ah man and then there is the:

Asian Dragon

And a Neb? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0446117437

And Goddess?

Uggg. I can't decide what I want!

Orchid-Dragoness
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

well, I think the C1-C5 in CH store is the intensity of the binding to the vessel
(I think I saw that somewhere in the Forum but I'm not sure)
which affect the distance which it would take effect<<This I don't understand
as I can still send a spirit in a C2 stone home to help...

As for the class system for the Djinn society I am not sure

Samsara
sanctified
sanctified

What does intensity of the binding mean? How attached it is to the vessel or how powerful the entity itself is?

Like my Madrid C5 of prosperity can do small wishes, like make my neighbor move, make the ex call, but so far she hasn't helped in amount of money. Like I asked for 10k in my cash account by end of month and I am dwindling instead of gaining. Scratcher ticket...no luck...ever.

This is coming from someone who is always picking $20's on the ground and has an extra $100 from cyber space daily.

Also though I am aware my astrological and the economic cycle is making me be super cheap and conservative.

I wondering if it's because Djinns are generally grey and dark entities. Wish I could pinpoint the source. I just need one really good and reliable money entity and I will quit my whining.

Kevi
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 13
Spelled Number: 34
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Djinn
My magical/paranormal name...: Cypress Blade
Zodiac:

suga wrote:Like I asked for 10k in my cash account by end of month and I am dwindling instead of gaining. Scratcher ticket...no luck...ever.

This is coming from someone who is always picking $20's on the ground and has an extra $100 from cyber space daily.
Suga, when you ask a djinn for money with a specific amount, I don't think they will give you that amount by letting you win just some lottery or scratch off. I did ask my djinn one time to grant me 10k also, and I never win anything close to 10k, but somehow I saved up to 10k.

When it comes to having a djinn to grant you money, you can say something like, "I wish I have more money (Djinn name)." Then you will either find a better job that pays you more, or suddenly feels like getting a certain scratch off ticket and win a unknown amount of money, or someone just giving you money for no reason.

I did this last year by asking my first djinn to grant me more money, then a few weeks later, my boss gave me my salary with a $2000 bonus.

So yea, ask for more money, not a certain amount. A certain amount usually ends up you saving money.

Return to “Djinn Races”