Site Admin
Site Admin
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

We've had some difficulty converting the old file type to the newer version of Microsoft and we're breaking them out into text files and will be uploading them into a new section of the Encyclopedia:

http://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/index. ... how&cat=29

I tried to cut & paste the information into here, but it doesn't come out right, the formatting is off.

So, keep your eye on this category in the new Encyclopedia. We are doing the Dragons first, and then other entities to follow. We are doing anywhere from 100-200 of the most commonly used words between the humans & respective races. Our documentation far exceeds this, but it's been extremely time consuming over the past year and a half to transcribe from written notes to the software as our spare time permits. For the best interest of Spirit Keeping we are posting the most common words exchanged between Keeper & spirit, and hopefully Keepers utilizing these languages will find some new, common ground to bond in. :thumbup:

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Snakat
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Zodiac:

That's grat to know, thanks so much for this Magnolia! I'm sure it was hard work. Going to look there!

Can we construct sentences the same way it is in english?

Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin

Good question, in my experience, it is similar, but instead of saying "yellow ball", it is "ball is yellow".

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Snakat
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Zodiac:

Good to know, I'm goint to try say something in their language for them and see if they talk back in it.

bliss4ever
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: all of them :)

Oh I've been eargerly awaiting this. Thanks so much for putting it up Magnolia!

starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
Zodiac:

thanks for bumping this up Magnolia, and i have bookmarked it, so I don't lose sight of it!!!!! :thumbup: :D

I know this had to be a lot of hard work on your part, so many thanks my friend!!!!! :hug:

starfire ::dragons::

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin

Another question for Mags please!

When dragons were alive, did they LITERALLY speak to one another, as in vocally like we do, just in their own language?

What were their vocal cords like, anatomically speaking? I'd imagine similar in some aspects to ours, if they did speak vocally to one another like we do?
There are several thoughts on this, and I will tell you each of them, and my belief it is that is a mixture of all because time period, generation closest to the source, and climate habitation in remote areas versus populated areas (by any species of animal, creature, & mineral) affects all of these. And, it depends on race as well. Western Dragons are believed to be all from the same origin of race, but are unique by classification within their race; abilities, size, powers, etc.

1. Dragons communicated via a telepathic communication to each other (which I believe would be true of someone of the harsh climate inhabitants where opening your mouth would NOT be good)
2. Dragons communicated verbally through guttural expressions
3. Dragons communicated verbally through their own language which was a.) in frequency not audible by all, b.) audible only in a register to humans (or others) when they desired it to be

We've done extensive research on Dragons which is a distant second to the research our friend Mimo has done (who has dedicated his entire life to Dragons), and from our own research & interaction with Dragon spirits the aforementioned beliefs are not independent of each other and are actually part of their entire communication regiment.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Gryphonista
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Witch
If I could be anything, I would be...: Me
My magical/paranormal name...: Winter Gryphon
Zodiac:

I see blue and black dragons in the Encyclopedia, would it be ok to say something in blue to say, a red dragon? Or would that be offensive? Do you know the word for goodnight or love? I would love to be able to say "Goodnight, I love you" to my dragons :inlove:

"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper." ~Eden Phillpotts
ImageImage
Search4DLight
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: To be revealed...
Zodiac:

Interesting thread.

Do they also have different dialects / accents depending on where they come from or hand around?

Although its not the same thing I know that dogs for example do have different "dialects". A dog from Liverpool has a higher pitch bark than a dog from London or Birmingham. This is probably due to them trying to imitate their keepers pitch / voice but it does raise the question in my mind of weather or not this applies to spirits as well.

Kit
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 14
Your favorite spirit to work with: Monsters
If I could be anything, I would be...: kitsune
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Kit
Zodiac:

I am really glad to see this thread again! :D
hmmm
Search4DLight wrote:Do they also have different dialects / accents depending on where they come from or hand around?

actually this would be interesting to know or not - as dragons used to live all over, just as people live all over this earth you would have to wonder if there was a difference in dialects depending on the land that a dragon comes from if it does use the dragon language.

LU.??MS
Chaos in a stream of ecstatic fire
Loose desire upon those who acclimate to stale order
No Karma perception - only truth of understanding and the faculties of being within a world abound in dimensional craft.
Right now we are following the dimensional craft of the world, please hold and we will get to your call shortly!

Return to “Spirit Research”