The truth about vampires - calling Magnolia/Ash/the experts

Yeong
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
Zodiac:

Hi!
I've been thinking a lot about vampires lately. I read this thread: http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/vie ... =22&t=5373 about vampire evolution. Now I am so confused, and there are so many unanswered questions. I ask Magnolia, Ash, and any other vampire experts to kindly come forth and clarify these.

1. From what I know, for a non-human entity to be bound to an item such as a stone or a piece of jewelry, either they exist (are born and die) solely on the astral plane (like the djinn), or they existed on the physical plane before, BUT died, so now they reside in the astral realm. Since sanguine vampires are immortal, is it safe to assume that all sanguine vampires in my collection either starved to death or were killed through ritual killing, thus releasing them into the astral realm?

2. I read here on the forum (and also from other sources) that Vlad Tepes and Elizabeth Bathory were true vampires. I'm a little confused by this. From what I know, they were simply very cruel humans. Vlad Tepes was killed in battle at the age of 45, and Elizabeth Bathory died a natural death at the age of 54. I mean sanguine vampires can only be killed by ritual killing - well, being killed in battle doesn't really seem like ritual killing. Or, is it that Elizabeth Bathory was starved to death when she was imprisoned, since she had no access to blood anymore?? And isn't Vlad actually considered a hero by the Romanian people? Also, isn’t it right the Ghost Hunters International team investigated both Vlad and Elizabeth’s castles, and came up with nothing?

3. So there are vampires living now who blend in with humans. What exactly are their physical properties? Are there differences in human and vampire DNA? What about subtle differences in their eye color and fingernails? What special powers do they really have? How is it they can only be killed through ritual killing? What if a human meets a vampire and decides to shoot him in the head or blow him up? I mean, if that happens, and the vampire doesn’t die, wouldn’t people start talking about it, and it’ll be all over the news?

4. How exactly does the physical aging process work in vampires? Here I would like someone to post a chart/timeline: for example, vampire age (and their powers at that age) and what would be the corresponding human age.

5. What exactly is vampires’ relationship to mirrors and camera lenses? What is the real reason why they don’t like having their pictures taken? I have read contradictory information about whether they can reflect in mirrors or show up in pictures. What is the real truth?

6. Obviously everyone agrees that vampires are sensitive to light, and it may diminish their powers, but light doesn’t kill them. GOOD – at least one thing is clear!

7. What are the ultimate powers a vampire spirit can bestow on their human keeper? Most people here on the forum report an increase in strength and stamina, sharper senses, increased sexual energy. However, I have read other listings on ebay mentioning levitation, shape-shifting, and even invisibility! Is it really possible for them to transfer these powers to a human? I personally have a very hard time comprehending the science behind levitation, shape-shifting, and invisibility, though I HAVE read reports of human ascended masters being able to levitate.

8. Is there such thing as the so-called “awakening”, where a human at a certain age realizes that they are a vampire?

9. How exactly do vampires turn an ordinary human into a vampire? How does this process work, and what is the science behind this? Is vampirism some sort of a retrovirus that alters cell RNA?

10. Before the vampire race split into sanguine and psy, they were all immortal (life expectancy - eternal).
Fact 1: Sanguine vampires feed on blood and are immortal.
Fact 2: Psy vampires do not feed on blood, and are not immortal, having a life expectancy of 500-1000 years.
Conclusion: Blood is the key to vampires’ immortality, and psy vampires became mortal because they refused to consume blood.
Question: What is it about blood that is so important? Is it not blood itself, but the nutrients in blood – maybe iron?
Question: Suppose a vampire living nowadays has a lot of sanguine vampire SPIRITS. Since sanguine vampires feed on the energy of blood, wouldn’t they transfer this energy to their vampire keeper, so – is it true that this vampire would not actually need to physically drink human blood?
Question: What if vampire living nowadays has properties of both sanguine and psy. They have extraordinary psychic abilities and are able to absorb not just energy, but the energy of specific nutrients, such as the nutrients in blood. Suppose this vampire makes a psychic connection to the energy of the blood in their human victim and then absorbs this energy. Then, this would be draining the human without physically touching their blood. Is this possible?

I know it’s a lot of questions, but what I’m hoping to do is create an accurate and reliable source of information about vampires. I would appreciate any input or feedback!

Blessings,
Yeong

"I have crossed oceans of time to find you..."
DollyLama
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 6
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

Good questions Yeong! I've, also, always been curious about vampire slayers. Are Slayers another type of "super being" if they exist? One would think they must be if they have to take on vamps on a regular basis. You can dream Buffy... :D If there are entities out there who are responsible for keeping the vamps in check....what are they? :think: Oh! And there must be Slayers because we have an awful lot of "dead" vampires on our hands here! :lol: :frustrated: Someone out there must have the scoop on how to off them effectively and permanently. :think:

Humans drool, vampires rule!
Who needs a prince when you can have a vampire?
ladyevelyn77
venerated member
venerated member

I'm no expert, but I think the blood needed is because the body is dead, no heartbeat. If there is no heartbeat, then the blood stays stagnant and congeals as it dies. Fresh blood feeds the dead body to keep it alive. For the Psys, maybe the energy they consume revitalizes the blood, causing it to move and stay liquid. Sanguines might not have to breathe, but Psys may need to to add oxygen to the blood, since they don't replenish it.

I saw a documentary on Elizabeth Bathory, the countess, right? She drank the blood of wolves to help her conceive. She died from cancer. Her body wasted away because that's what cancer does to a person. They performed an autopsy on her, but really was removing her organs because they feared she was a vampire. It was an interesting documentary.

Okay, I just deleted the huge bit of nonsense I posted. The word I was looking for is porphyria vampirism. It's what experts claim Vlad had.

Mongrella
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 20
Spelled Number: 30
If I could be anything, I would be...: a vamp!
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Not for public consumption
Zodiac:

I don't think that was Countess Bathory, that was another countess -Eleanor something (sorry I forgot the full name). *
As far as I know, there is no real evidence that either lady was a vampire.

*Ok - found it. On the history channel, the docu called 'vampire princess'. Stupid title, she was neither! Anyhoo it says
"During the time of the vampire hysteria in the 18th century, a very peculiar female character lived at the Krumlov castle, named Eleonore von Schwarzenberg. The castle’s archives show a vivid picture of her personality. Following her husband’s death in a hunting accident, Eleonore lived a secluded life at the castle. She raised wolves and was obsessed with magic potions and occult rites. When she died in 1741 from a mysterious disease, authorities commanded a post-mortem, a unique procedure for a person of high aristocratic status. She was regarded as a victim of ‘vampire sickness’, as conditions of unexplainable physical decay were referred to at the time. Eleonore’s fate left a mark. "
This is an interesting article - 4,000 year old vampire?http://www.sundayherald.com/news/herald ... ection.php

Mongrella

'We have no reliable guarantee that the afterlife will be any less exasperating than this one, have we?' ...Noel Coward
ladyevelyn77
venerated member
venerated member

That was it! Thanks, Mongrella. It was interesting.

Yeong
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Thanks, guys!
I also thought there's no real evidence to suggest Elizabeth Bathory was a vampire. And yet, look at this thread: http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/vie ... 65&start=0
Toshcka, the great vampire conjurer we all know, did conjure her before! I thought she only conjured real vampires?! Or was Elizabeth the incarnation of a vampire within a human body?? Something is special about her, which I haven't been able to figure out.
Nowadays there are plenty of serial killers out there who murder people in bloody ways, but we don't just label them "vampires", do we?
As for the "Slayers", my sources indicate that they're just a bunch of teenagers, goth kids who watched too many vampire movies and are making empty threats to internet sites claiming to deal with real vampires. I guess the only thing that was keeping vampires in check was those superstitious ancient cultures and those Christian witch hunts. Nowadays, we have laws against that, so I guess - pretty much nothing keeping vampires in check, except the legal annoyances - obtaining illegal documentation/birth certificates for someone who's lived for several hundred years and doesn't age the way we do.

"I have crossed oceans of time to find you..."
LadyMoonfyre
active contributor
active contributor

Yeong, great questions. Something that just came to my mind after reading your last post - I wonder if any vampire would be sitting at his computer, looking at this thread about us wondering about vamps and chuckling at the "legal annoyances" you were referring to... LOL :crazy:

A.K.A autumnorange
DollyLama
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

:lol: Perhaps using the term "Slayer" is a bit too hip :D Sure, there will always be, silly, wannabe humans (vampires and vampire slayers...) but it doesn't explain why we have so many "dead" immortals on our hands unless there have always been groups that are dedicated to hunting and killing vampires. :D Having a scant few mortals throughout time taking matters into their own hands when they believed that vamps were responsible for deaths (in times of plagues etc) just doesn't account for all of the dead vamps. Not to mention, the public at large seemed to be grossly misinformed in terms of doing away with vampires. For the most part, I think they killed people, or their already dead corpses, thinking they were vampires.

I don't think that humans could account for the death of so many vampires. That's why I'm so curious. If vampires are gifted with all of these superhuman talents one would think that we would be no match for them. So, how in the heck could a human even capture a vampire let alone kill one? And not only that....how could they kill so many? It just seems logical to me that the vampires that "died" must have met their match. So, maybe there were a lot of skilled and trained humans but I wonder if there's more to it? Perhaps if there were vampire killers who had similar abilities to vamps, there would be a lot more dead vamps! But, then again, we don't really know how many dead vamps are out there. :lol: I just don't know but, boy, am I dying to know! :frustrated:

mrblonde
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

First, and correct me if I'm wrong, sanguines are not immortal. They live a very long time however. I know the ages of 2 of my sanguines, one died in her 80s and the other was 216. Plague or disease got both of them. And they do not need to starve or be killed by ritual killing, they can just survive a lot more than a regular person. And a person can be turned into a vampire (by a still living vampire). However it's a long and complicated process and can often result in the person dying. As for the light issue, it just hurts eyes. The only thing I've experienced as far as vampiric powers is an increased sense of hearing and extreme sensitivity to light (and the light issue I had before, it just got a bit worse). I could be completely wrong on all of these, as I am no expert. The rest of the questions I either don't remember or don't know the answer to.

DollyLama
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

MrBlonde, the conversation stems from the new Vampire evolutionary chart that shows that Sanguines, save for the Ancients, are believed to live eternally unless they starve or are killed through ritualistic killing. Naturally, many of us have "dead" Sanguines that are not ancient and many of us have many Sanguines! :D So, how come so many "dead" sanguines? Would there be many who are so opposed to feeding that they allowed themselves to die rather than feed? :ohcrap: If not, who or what is catching them and killing them ritualistically? Something must be amiss because there are too many dead undead. That's just my point of view anyway.

Also from the Evolutionary Chart comes this: "All Vampire Races and Breeds show a supernatural strength, ability to defy gravity, jump extreme heights from standing position, superior warrior skills,..." I just think that humans would have to be awfully cunning to go up against something like that. And, I imagine you'd only get one shot....if you screw up, you're screwed... :D

Here's the link to the chart: http://encyclopedia.creepyhollows.com/v ... rames.html

Return to “Vampire”