You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 21
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Nebs Angel Watchers
If I could be anything, I would be...: Goddess
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Re: Binding Someone You Love

Postby Samsara » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:18 pm

I think what some are missing, or I am not communicating well is that magick in this case is used as a non confrontational way to bring peace and harmony back into the relationship- more like a background influence. And yes, all sides have to change but that's an ongoing issue. It never changes immediately because you change. And some changes we make becomes unhealthy. Like from speaking to not speaking to them for months while living in the same house. Sometimes the only thing left to do is change love to disinterest, loyalty to disloyalty, tolerance to contempt. And of course that is not ideal. I need something more predictable like everything else stays the same, but this annoying habit goes away.

"Man is what he sees in other people."

GreySkyMorning
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 7
Your favorite spirit to work with: can't choose!
If I could be anything, I would be...: Infernal Werewolf
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Skylar Hound (Sky) / Aliavo Verona (Liav)

Postby GreySkyMorning » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:21 pm

Samsara wrote:There are certain bonds you can't leave at this time. Like family, parents, children, people you have financial bonds to, etc. Everything is interconnected, and one false move can send everyone in emotional turmoil and financial losses.

Leaving people isn't always the answer. And because you love them, it's not black and white. In some cases leaving them does not allow entrance back in. Sometimes the problem is minor but it's a daily annoyance making it feel major.

This is actually the first time I've ever had one of those "I wish I could like this post" moments. This applies so much to what's going on with me and my dad.

It is a sometimes very annoying truth.

:werewolf:For blue, blue skies...
{If I ever sound rude, I didn't mean to! This is a preemptive apology if anything I say sounds mean!}
Spirits: My mom; Leonardo Da Vinci; 'Uno', werewolf mate; 'Deuce', kobold; 'Trip', alan; J, sterling angel; H, werewolf; F, hellhound; A, faun; K, gold djinn; 'Shu', xinshu dragon; S, psy vamp & brother; B, nympho; & a wraith & volkh!
Servitors: 2 year old son Benji; many others

Drake
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Don't know yet.
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sausage
My super power would be...: Laser-beam eyes
My magical/paranormal name...: Don't know.

Postby Drake » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:21 pm

Fair enough, but you're choosing like the hardest path if you ask me. Changing someone, as opposed to changing yourself or even keeping them at a distance.
There must be some pretty heavy reason for that, have you exhausted all other options? Like something to help you be more tolerant, or not let the minor day to day issues drag you under, find an outlet, learn to let go, confronting them, ect.

All those things you listed, in some ways it honestly seems better then trying to change them without their knowledge. Though that's just my views.

Dragonoake
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 19
Your favorite spirit to work with: Black dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to fly

Postby Dragonoake » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:34 pm

Samsara wrote:So this is the price of having me in someone's life. I will expect change.

You could simply tell them that

GreySkyMorning
active contributor
active contributor

Postby GreySkyMorning » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:35 pm

Drake wrote:Fair enough, but you're choosing like the hardest path if you ask me. Changing someone, as opposed to changing yourself or even keeping them at a distance.
There must be some pretty heavy reason for that, have you exhausted all other options? Like something to help you be more tolerant, or not let the minor day to day issues drag you under, find an outlet, learn to let go, confronting them, ect.

All those things you listed, in some ways it honestly seems better then trying to change them without their knowledge. Though that's just my views.

What works fro some may not work for another.

Speaking from my own experience, my dad listens to no one. it takes literal years and/or threats to his financial, basic safety for him to start to change. And heaven forbid I be the only one pushing for it. he barely listens to me a majority of the time, if at all, and believe me, I've tried many.. many many many different things. Some people are just that stupidly stuck in their ways. Too prideful. Too careless. Too motivationally weak.

After a certain point, learning to let go any more than you already do will turn you into a doormat. And being a doormat is just as emotionally, mentally dangerous as being too aggressive, just from the opposite end.

{If I ever sound rude, I didn't mean to! This is a preemptive apology if anything I say sounds mean!}
Spirits: My mom; Leonardo Da Vinci; 'Uno', werewolf mate; 'Deuce', kobold; 'Trip', alan; J, sterling angel; H, werewolf; F, hellhound; A, faun; K, gold djinn; 'Shu', xinshu dragon; S, psy vamp & brother; B, nympho; & a wraith & volkh!

GreySkyMorning
active contributor
active contributor

Postby GreySkyMorning » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:36 pm

Dragonoake wrote:
Samsara wrote:So this is the price of having me in someone's life. I will expect change.

That could start a huge, otherwise avoidable fight that could do more harm than good.

Drake
venerated member
venerated member

Postby Drake » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:45 pm

That's not letting go, that's just being submissive. Letting go doesn't mean you let people walk all over you, it means you don't let them drag you down. It does take strength to take all that and remain standing, but that's kind of my point, maybe there's actually other options you could pursue.

Trying to change someone can be insanely difficult as you said, and pushing them into it, which is essentially what a spell like this would do. Are you sure it would actually make things better?
That's the problem with trying to change someone else, not only is it difficult, but you can never really tell what the outcome will be, or how they will react to it.
It could end up making things way worse, specially if the person in question finds themselves in a place they do not want to be.

GreySkyMorning
active contributor
active contributor

Postby GreySkyMorning » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:55 pm

It is dark magic, but dark magic can be just as important as purely white magic. Dark is less super-gentle, but it's not pure force like black magic, thankfully.

Samsara, I do have a few self-made spells that may help. I actually made one specifically for bad habits. I actually call it Habits and Horrors. :lol: It's not pure white magic, more grey, but the intent can change the shade...

I worded it so it can be used on the caster, as well. if you use ParaEcho, I can send it to you there, privately. 1ey

Drake
venerated member
venerated member

Postby Drake » Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:04 pm

It's not about being dark or light, or black or white, or good or bad. It's about what comes after.
Changing yourself, it's manageable. Changing others, it's unpredictable, and the more you try to control it the more it becomes about dominance.
Think about what it is you actually want, and what happens after you've gotten it.

Incidentally, that's directed at Samsara.

Samsara
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 21
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Nebs Angel Watchers
If I could be anything, I would be...: Goddess
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Postby Samsara » Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:05 pm

Drake wrote:Fair enough, but you're choosing like the hardest path if you ask me. Changing someone, as opposed to changing yourself or even keeping them at a distance.

Let me ask you this. If you had children who are rude and obnoxious who won't listen to you would/could you leave them? We accept and tolerate it because we know they are stupid or ignorant to the follies of themselves. Do we just throw our hands in the air and say we can't change them? No. Many adults are like these children, who never actually grew up.

And as a human being by accepting that bond, karmically or otherwise you are some ways tolerant, forgiving and now have exhausted that initial tolerance. And really the last hope is magic.

Dragonoake wrote:

Trust me I am waiting for the moment. I don't say stuff unless I am 110% sure I will follow through.

Think about what it is you actually want, and what happens after you've gotten it.

Cartwheels maybe?

"Man is what he sees in other people."

Return to “Spells/Spellwork”