Binding Someone You Love

GreySkyMorning
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 7
Your favorite spirit to work with: can't choose!
If I could be anything, I would be...: Infernal Werewolf
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Skylar Hound (Sky) / Aliavo Verona (Liav)

Re: Binding Someone You Love

Postby GreySkyMorning » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:57 pm

I think using the word "binding" has made what your actual intentions seem much worse. Binding is a 'hard' thing, really.

I believe what Samsara has been meaning by all this, is influencing. No grabbing and pulling, or pushing from behind, but appealing to the subconcious. The constant hum of "is this right? Should I be doing this?" that goes on behind the scenes. Not staple them to change, but make them more actively question "Is this right for me... ? What am I gaining, and what am I losing... ?"

Sometimes they will not change, no. C'est la vie. But if there is a chance you can gently nudge them in the right direction... Metaphorically pointing out something cool in the distance, showing them you yourself are actively heading for it. If they decide to go for it themselves, then both have benefited. You may have to nudge for a while, but if the person can finally, gently, with loving, positive intentions for all parties involved, be influenced to change, then they will be changing of their own force, with support.

I don't think "binding" was really the intended word, correct me if I'm wrong. 1ey

:werewolf:For blue, blue skies...
{If I ever sound rude, I didn't mean to! This is a preemptive apology if anything I say sounds mean!}
Spirits: My mom; Leonardo Da Vinci; 'Uno', werewolf mate; 'Deuce', kobold; 'Trip', alan; J, sterling angel; H, werewolf; F, hellhound; A, faun; K, gold djinn; 'Shu', xinshu dragon; S, psy vamp & brother; B, nympho; & a wraith & volkh!
Servitors: 2 year old son Benji; many others

Dragonoake
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 19
Your favorite spirit to work with: Black dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to fly

Postby Dragonoake » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:23 pm

marshandrias wrote:I understand about wanting to help someone and not to let them go down a bad road. I have a relative like that. They were constantly negative and they were in a very bad relationship. I very much wanted to cast a spell to change them. But I realized that sometimes people are the way they are for a reason and they have certain lessons or debts that they need to work out for themselves.

I had a friend in a similar situation, and I thought long and hard about what I could do to help.
The problem was the complexity of the situation: I couldn't figure out a good way to change the bad things without the risk of changing things entirely.

Add to that the fact that while Dr. Jekyll showed up fairly clearly in her husbands chart, a couple crucial ingredients of "The Formula" were in hers; and I finally came to the conclusion that as hard as it was to watch someone I cared about being made miserable day after day, it was her life and she had to make up her own mind what was and wasn't worth it.

Dragonoake
active contributor
active contributor

Postby Dragonoake » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:26 pm

GreySkyMorning wrote:I believe what Samsara has been meaning by all this, is influencing. No grabbing and pulling, or pushing from behind, but appealing to the subconcious. The constant hum of "is this right? Should I be doing this?" that goes on behind the scenes. Not staple them to change, but make them more actively question "Is this right for me... ? What am I gaining, and what am I losing... ?"

Yes, that's the impression I've been getting as well

Samsara
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 21
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Nebs Angel Watchers
If I could be anything, I would be...: Goddess
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Postby Samsara » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:03 pm

I finally came to the conclusion that as hard as it was to watch someone I cared about being made miserable day after day, it was her life and she had to make up her own mind what was and wasn't worth it.

I'd agree you shouldn't try to be a hero in that case. Relationships are complicated and sometimes people justify their actions based some past events/memory of some distant time and land. It's the whole you did this to me, this is why I am doing that to you. And who knows how far back it goes. Without knowing the intricacies, any help you provide is like them manipulating you as a hired hand.

In the case of being severely abused, something like calling the cops is the very least a good friend would do. And even then, sometimes that is a thankless effort. But in the case of her say wanting some type of prayer/spell to rid the problem on her own. I'd give her the range of white to black and let her choose.

"Man is what he sees in other people."

Dragonoake
active contributor
active contributor

Postby Dragonoake » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:01 pm

This wasn't a case of physical abuse, but given her text-book Pisces emotional makeup, the only real difference was that the marks were on the inside where only your friends will see them

Samsara
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 21
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Nebs Angel Watchers
If I could be anything, I would be...: Goddess

Postby Samsara » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:54 am

So update on this. I did the knots, and the spell GreySkyMorning gave me, and also bought some real citrine and have them put it in her desk. I don't know when the change occurred but for several months and years we have not gotten into a fight. When I start to raise my voice she backs down. So I actually haven't changed myself, but she has done a 180.

I have learned magick is about your will. It cannot work if you chicken out or back down because of other people's opinion. Any payment due is between the spell caster and the universe.

"Man is what he sees in other people."

Afy12
new here
new here
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 124
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons, Eagles
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My magical/paranormal name...: Mother Caterpillar

Postby Afy12 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:46 pm

Hi, everything come because of you, is inside of you and you change the energy and coming out, accept all it does not matter what they say and how they behave , thank them every time, you change everything. You can do spiralling meditation, you sit in the middle of them and you put them in the spirals and send them forgiveness, love and light. WORKS

Return to “Spells/Spellwork”