Drake
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Don't know yet.
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sausage
My super power would be...: Laser-beam eyes
My magical/paranormal name...: Don't know.
Zodiac:

It is not just people with tempers who's thoughts go to dark places, we are all susceptible to such things. Which is why we set ground rules when working with Spirits in general, not just darker ones.
For example, a house rule that states anytime you wish a Spirit to preform a task for you, you will let them know by writing down the request on a piece of paper and burning it as an offering to them. Anything else is never to be acted upon.

SpookyBoo*
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 14
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Still learning
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Jinniyah Amethyst SpiralDancer
Zodiac:

Thank you, Drake. I have house rules that I've set up once I began spirit keeping. I actually utilized posts from CH members to help put mine together. I have my list of rules, probably a list of up to 40 rules that I am actually going to review again today. I have a few Grey/DA spirits in my keep already and I have extra rules for them. These spirits/entities in particular are Psy and Sanguine Vamps, DA Black Unicorn, 3 Djinn (Marid and 1 Sila), Wraith, Gargoyle and a Witch spirit. I could include my extraterrestrials in the mix. But I also have WA spirits like angels, Devatas, Ilmu Khodam, Fae folk.
But I like your idea of writing down and burning as offerings, I will have to write that down.

SpookyBoo*
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

And the Demoness is listed as very dark, but the other demons are listed for experienced practitioners only.

Samsara
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 21
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Nebs Angel Watchers
If I could be anything, I would be...: Goddess
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Which is why we set ground rules when working with Spirits in general, not just darker ones.
For example, a house rule that states anytime you wish a Spirit to preform a task for you, you will let them know by writing down the request on a piece of paper and burning it as an offering to them. Anything else is never to be acted upon.
According to experienced conjurer who does sell demons, house rules don't always work with demons. This is of course background talking that doesn't get advertised. While it's the first thing you do, it can fail you with the darker types. This is why a person needs to know how to subdue them, and is only recommended for magical practitioners. Subduing them is more than just visualizing a shield, you may need to know who ranks higher than them and call them in to stop them....and sometimes it isn't Jesus.

"Man is what he sees in other people."
SpookyBoo*
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

You know what's interesting,
I did read about that before. I'm not blindly jumping into something, If that was the case I would have already made the "purchase" (for lack of better words). I guess I was under the impression that spirit keeping forums and reaching out to the paranormal community help provide me with that something to help prepare me? I may be wording this wrong. So far it's been "don't do it, you're not ready" or "sometimes this and sometimes that doesn't work." I get it and I'm very thankful for the suggestions already made, but I feel the information I am receiving is a bit repetitive? But I thank everyone so far who had viewed as well as contributed.
It's just interesting because everyone has been a beginner at one point.

-arianna-
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
Zodiac:

Samsara wrote:
Which is why we set ground rules when working with Spirits in general, not just darker ones.
According to experienced conjurer who does sell demons, house rules don't always work with demons. This is of course background talking that doesn't get advertised. While it's the first thing you do, it can fail you with the darker types. This is why a person needs to know how to subdue them, and is only recommended for magical practitioners. Subduing them is more than just visualizing a shield, you may need to know who ranks higher than them and call them in to stop them....and sometimes it isn't Jesus.
Houserules may not work with many other types of spirits as well, it's not just demons. It's a choice the spirit makes to follow a rule or not, and it's the keeper's choice how they handle such a situation if it ever arises.

Think you've seen it all? Think again. Outside those doors, we might see anything. We could find new worlds, terrifying monsters, impossible things. And if you come with me... nothing will ever be the same again!

Anteros
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 200
Spelled Number: 400
If I could be anything, I would be...: My True Self
Zodiac:

<<Removed by Mod>> wrote:Hi Spooky,

I just wanted to jump in here. I work with a lot of very dark beings, and I will say they can definitely have an affect on you in the negative way. That's not to say they are negative beings themselves, but I do keep a demon, and he is extremely dark. Too much time around him makes me feel unlike myself. I think of death a lot, I contemplate horrible things sometimes, I start pining to spend time with him ALL THE TIME, like I'm addicted. I start acting strange around friends and family--they notice.

My biggest recommendation is balance. Balance, balance, balance. Balance your White Arts energies and your Dark Arts energies, and you should be just fine. Whatever you choose, just remember to take care of yourself and take care not to let whatever energies residing with you affect your loved ones in a negative way. Demon keeping can be tricky, but the only person who can flat out say you aren't ready to do it is you, because you know yourself best. I agree with some of the above comments. Some research, some time spent in contemplation. Ask some of your other spirits what they think on the matter. My own spirits aren't afraid to speak up when they see me making unhealthy decisions.

And over everything else, trust yourself. ^-^ We all could spew off a whole bunch of stories, ideas, plans, and recommendations for you, but in the end its your heart that knows what's best.
Hi <<Removed by Mod>>....
Reading your words above....is it really worth it then.....If you pine for him all the time....are they your own thoughts anymore...or his???
Thoughts of death? Very dark places?
What does he give to you to make it worth while.....everything in life is a trade off....that's putting it bluntly but it is true.
Even the most romantic love affair ultimately is a trade off.
There comes a point when the great lover will say....yes!!! this...this....but No.....Nooooo....not this!!!!!!!
That is the extent...the limit of that one's love.
That was in response to a discussion I read re love knows no bounds.....but of course...everything has a limit.
I don't have experiences of demons/exceedingly dark/black spirits...whatever one wishes to call them...so in all honesty...if you can possibly share your thoughts in an open forum....why keep such a spirit if he causes you such anguish?
Thanks in advance.
Peace to you <3

I used to know things
Samsara
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 21
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Nebs Angel Watchers
If I could be anything, I would be...: Goddess

Izzy69 wrote:
<<Removed by Mod>> wrote: Hi <<Removed by Mod>>....
Reading your words above....is it really worth it then.....If you pine for him all the time....are they your own thoughts anymore...or his???
What does he give to you to make it worth while.....everything in life is a trade off....that's putting it bluntly but it is true.
There comes a point when the great lover will say....yes!!! this...this....but No.....Nooooo....not this!!!!!!!
That was in response to a discussion I read re love knows no bounds.....but of course...everything has a limit.
I don't have experiences of demons/exceedingly dark/black spirits...whatever one wishes to call them...so in all honesty...if you can possibly share your thoughts in an open forum....why keep such a spirit if he causes you such anguish?
Thanks in advance.
Peace to you <3
We know where you are going with this. Many others have gone down this the same path. It's like asking anyone with any addiction why they do what they do. Like "why do you go back to that ex that keeps on beating you up..why do you eat fast food when it's causing obesity...why do you use drug/alcohol when"....etc. It's their thing. Whether it's pleasure from suspending the need to control or exploring feelings we were taught to feel shame about, it's an experience they wanted for themselves. They want to learn the truth for themselves. They've read both sides, heard the horror stories, heard the praises and now it's up to them to chose to experience it for themselves. The whole point of exploring is to do something someone else hasn't done. We all think maybe...we are different. And sometimes in the case of demon conjurers it was different for them and they made a business out of it. And other times like the newb buyer they are overwhelmed by the demon controlling them rather than they controlling it.

My stance is do whatever you want WHEN YOU ARE READY, but consider the experiences of those who have walked the path. In other words know what you could get into...

"Man is what he sees in other people."
Anteros
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 200
Spelled Number: 400
If I could be anything, I would be...: My True Self
Zodiac:

Samsara wrote:
Izzy69 wrote:
<<Removed by Mod>> wrote: Hi <<Removed by Mod>>....
Thanks in advance.
Peace to you <3
We know where you are going with this. Many others have gone down this the same path. It's like asking anyone with any addiction why they do what they do. Like "why do you go back to that ex that keeps on beating you up..why do you eat fast food when it's causing obesity...why do you use drug/alcohol when"....etc. It's their thing. Whether it's pleasure from suspending the need to control or exploring feelings we were taught to feel shame about, it's an experience they wanted for themselves. They want to learn the truth for themselves. They've read both sides, heard the horror stories, heard the praises and now it's up to them to chose to experience it for themselves. The whole point of exploring is to do something someone else hasn't done. We all think maybe...we are different. And sometimes in the case of demon conjurers it was different for them and they made a business out of it. And other times like the newb buyer they are overwhelmed by the demon controlling them rather than they controlling it.

My stance is do whatever you want WHEN YOU ARE READY, but consider the experiences of those who have walked the path. In other words know what you could get into...
Ok...fair enough.....but I wasn't "going anywhere" with it...honestly 1ht

I agree about addictions but I would say that drug and alcohol addictions are ultimately not pleasant.....whereas I would think that the whole point of spirit keeping should be pleasant...IE....uplifting and empowering and educational.
And...I don't think an alcoholic set out to drink a half bottle of whisky every day for 6 months and then said to himself "OK, now I am ready to be an alcoholic"! Do you see what I mean?
Spirit keeping is a conscious decision....whereas drink, drugs etc, even though it is the addicts fault (One doesn't become a drug addict by accident, one makes the decision to travel down that road thinking it can be "handled"...with the exception of reliance on prescription medication)....creeps up on a person over time.
I hear what you are saying about testing oneself though.....I understand that completely.
I was just slightly concerned to read of not knowing if thoughts are one's own or not.....thinking of death a lot and contemplating horrible things!
To my mind that is not an uplifting experience. If it is part of a learning and growing process then fair enough...but is it? And how does one know? Maybe the keeper has to simply trust in their own instincts to feel what is right and what is becoming beyond their control?
If Akelta were in the forum I am sure she would be able to explain things in this field for me quite well.
Also, testing oneself simply for the sake of testing oneself in any field in life can bring about irresponsible behaviour.....not saying that in this case at all.....just want to make that absolutely clear!!!
If a cliff high diver keeps looking for higher and higher dives and more dangerous ledges to "test himself"....eventually he will come to grief.
One has to constantly judge where the line is between testing/pushing oneself to the limit and foolishness.
Again, I want to reiterate that I am not saying the OP is foolish.....I am merely using that analogy.
Nobody can step into the thought processes of another and live their life or have their experiences but I was wondering what is gained from a relationship such as this one....that is all.
I just think that anybody who "experiments" with anything should make sure it is for the right reason and not simply for the sake of experimentation or curiosity.
I am in no way criticising.....just expressing my concern.
I think my concerns come from my own fears of being in that situation....of losing one's own identity etc.
What if an exceedingly dark spirit does manage to take control of one's mind?
And doesn't relinquish it?
I suppose this is where one must trust in the skill of the conjuror and the safeguards that were put in place.

My own view is that the "world" is entirely subjective...there is only consciousness and we create what we perceive to be outside of ourselves. What we call Angelic forces and Luciferian forces and everything in between all reside within our consciousness....as above , so below.....the microcosm and the macrocosm as they say.....nearly all of these energies are buried deep beyond our conscious awareness for obvious reasons.

Thanks for your thoughts though Samsara. Much appreciated.....and good luck to you <<Removed by Mod>> 1ht

I used to know things

Return to “Black Arts”