Spelled Number: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: Faeries
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Alexandra Melitta
Zodiac:

hongkongfuiz1234 wrote:
MoonSpiritBoutique wrote:
hongkongfuiz1234 wrote:
MoonSpiritBoutique wrote:The Archangel Cassiel is my current guiding Archangel. This definitely could have been him, if that is how you perceive the Archangel.

For me, he appears as a humanoid figure dressed in black, usually in the background of my dreams or meditations. He's not one to be blunt or very obvious. He's a mysterious Archangel that has a complicated history as being named an Archangel, a Fallen, and a Demon. For me, he is mistaken as a demon/fallen due to his dark persona. Cassiel is one of only a few angels who will not change his appearance to make the humans he appears to comfortable. Sometimes, he appears as what we fear or are anxious around, so that we can come to terms with that object/animal/person.
Where did you get your informations stating Cassiel was a fallen angel or demon? I've never read any religious texts that say this.
Off the top of my head, The Dictionary of Demons by Michelle Belanger lists several variations of Cassiel's name as being demons. There was another recently published book, but I cannot remember it. I'll have to find it again...
I wouldn't really consider that to be viable though, especially since they're recent books. Official, world-recognized religious texts talk about Cassiel being an archangel and only an archangel, never fallen or demonic. I've never heard of him being considered such things ever before. To each his own, but the Bible and other similar texts around that age such as the Book of Enoch or the Dead Sea Scrolls are the only texts that I would recognize as trustworthy when it comes to religious origins of angels, especially since text can get warped through modernization, addition of own interpretation and translation.
Fair enough! I personally don't think Cassiel is a demon or fallen, but some people do. I imagine the author got this information from an older religious source, since it is supposed to be a dictionary that lists an assortment of demons from all cultures and time periods. I definitely agree with you concerning the Book of Enoch and Dead Sea Scrolls. Those are my go-to's as well.

Return to “Angels”