Edgar Cayce

Do you know a good book that can help someone on their path? Or, are you looking for a certain type of book?
Sudu
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

Just received my first book about Edgar Cayce and will hopefully be able to start reading it in a couple of weeks. This book is specifically focusing on his work pathways to health. I know it may be kindof old school, but I enjoy a hard copy book to read. Has anyone else on here read much on Edgar Cayce?

Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

I love his advice for health issues. Some of his remedies are being explored within the medical community and are being found to be true.
One of those is an almond a day will keep cancer away (His words, not mine).

Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

A lot of books I read about developing psychic abilities and/or just about "ESP" itself, back in the 70s, had quotes from or chapters about Edgar Cayce. But I haven't read books by him or about him as the main subject. Writings from or about him used to be all over the "occult" section of the bookstores, back before it started to be called "new age". I would be very interested in any quotes that you find significant enough to share.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Anteros
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 200
Spelled Number: 400
If I could be anything, I would be...: My True Self
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

I have only ever read very good things about Edgar Cayce.
He recommends castor oil compresses for pain and for drawing illness/toxins from the body too.

I used to know things
Sudu
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 3
Zodiac:

Likes to Read: One of His Quotes
"The spirit is the life, the mind is the builder, and the physical is the result"-Edgar Cayce

Skimmed lightly through the book, worked another 12 hours today, so only glanced through at a few of the chapters and he covers so many healing methods for the human body. Can't wait to absorb the information and apply it. Will update with interesting find.

Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Galactic Executive
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Durga Suta Putra
Zodiac:

Sudu wrote:Just received my first book about Edgar Cayce and will hopefully be able to start reading it in a couple of weeks. This book is specifically focusing on his work pathways to health. I know it may be kindof old school, but I enjoy a hard copy book to read. Has anyone else on here read much on Edgar Cayce?
Nothing wrong with Old School. Whenever possible I buy early or 1st editions......and, as example, waiting 5 years to buy an inexpensive 1st edition 1st print of Thomas Wolfe's From Death to Morning ($10.00) Its the 1st printing that makes it rare. ANd it took me 20-some odd years, to get the magazine 1st edition of Edgar Allen Poe's Raven for $35.00.

Outside of that I mostly read books that quite often are cheaper than buying any e- Books on line. But at the same time, I sell e-books of super rare books, as otherwise no one would be likely to every read the material.

Now for the final issue: When you read an e-Book "Part "A" of the Human Brain is working, and when you read a paper published book, "Part B" of the human brain is working. I would say that I read about 65% paper and about 35% electronic.

As for Edgar Cayce.....back in the day, I communicated with Hugh Lynn Cayce.....and my impression was that these people were exceptionally nice and very loyal to Edgar Cayce's work, and published a great deal of many fascinating and useful things.

But when push comes to shove, I do prefer books.....Back in the late 1960s, I started one of the earlier American Occult bookshops - The Terrapin Booksellers.....after I had begun to run my shop, Rachel Welch (one of Crowley's students, had a small printing press for books that she published.....She turned that business over to me, and told me that Mary Gorham who owned the oldest Occult bookstore in America which had a giant histoy going back to 1852, when Mary Lincoln, Andrew Jackson Davis hung out,It was just called New York City Book Store, then turned into The North Node (Crowley was there when in America), and finally the Gateway Book Store, I got the Name, the client lists, and some very rare books, and Donald Weiser got the rest. Everything went dormant in the late 1980s, and in 2009, I started rebulding the business as an e_business named LeautremontMars Meta Virtual Mall, and we are expanding rapidly and will be completely open by May 2016. No matter what anyone says, Books will never die.

Finally, (the following is true vis-a-vis medical researchers.....In most cases, cell phones, will, ultimately cripple your thumbs, over long time, massive use will enlarge the possibility of cataracks, and eye problems, and some cell phones have abilities to create brain damage...Don't believ me llok it up. Also, the exceedingly interuptive nature of mental and physical interruption, can cause neurological damage.

Finally, on my office desk I have a Pat. March 1907 Kellogg "Candlestick Telephone, next to my office phone......It is beautiful to look at, and it is interesting to put the earpohone up to my ear, and holding the speaking device, saying quitely, ever so quietly..."If anyone there?" and I have decovered that many of these old phone of 100 years or more - ago - are haunted.

Caiyros
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

EarthGalactics online....
Leautremontmars Virtual Mall
Occult Metaphysical
Children of the Night Lugoss
Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

Likes2Read wrote:A lot of books I read about developing psychic abilities and/or just about "ESP" itself, back in the 70s, had quotes from or chapters about Edgar Cayce. But I haven't read books by him or about him as the main subject. Writings from or about him used to be all over the "occult" section of the bookstores, back before it started to be called "new age". I would be very interested in any quotes that you find significant enough to share.
Huff actually has one or two of his books.

Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels

Return to “Books & Literature”