Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 13
Spelled Number: 31
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Hi everyone,

About 2 weeks ago, I was called to make another CH purchase and among other things (feels weird to use that word in this context), I decided to get a Custom Conjure Norse Djinn from Alfheimr. I went through this entire topic but didn't really find a whole lot of information about Norse Djinn. I know that each Norse World contains Djinn with different personality types (and that they usually specialize in different areas), but I'd love to read about all different types of Norse Djinn, not just those from Alfheimr. I also think that this thread can be useful for others looking to get involved with Norse Djinn. The lack of threads seem to indicate a lack of popularity, but I don't necessarily believe that to be the case. I know you Norse Djinn lovers must be out there somewhere, and I'm hoping to bring you all out of hiding!! :)

Please share anything you are willing and able to share!

Thanks,

- Jake

I stepped into your world
I kicked you in the mind
And I'm the only witness to
The nature of my crime
Shifa
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: Espada
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Despair Kitten

I have a Muspelheim Djinn and a Jotunheim Djinn. A Svartalfheim Djinn is on the way. All male. I wonder if females ever appear? Even the pre-bounds listed in the store seem to be male.
Anyway. I'm curious about them, too. I can't find anything (yet) in Norse lore that would approximate what these are.
It's been asked before why does CH not have Ljossaflar and the like in the store ... it almost makes me think that the "djinn" are actually alfar and jotnar spirits, since the Norse peoples actively worked with more than just gods ... but then again it doesn't explain what a Midgard Djinn would be. Draugr and Einherjar are already covered in the store.
I will ask the HD for clarification and report back! ^_^
Otherwise though, I don't have any experiences yet.

I see. So this is it. It lies here within this palm. The heart.
Shifa
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

I asked the HD some questions and I was only referred back to the Encyclopedia listing.
I replied back that it didn't answer my questions, but I haven't got any more replies yet.
I'm still mystified as to what Norse Djinn are since they are not Islamic, and the only equivalent in Norse lore are the wights/alfar/jotnar/ancestors/etc.
Do I think that my Dokkalfar spirit and my Svartalheimr Djinn spirit are the same? I'm really not sure. Maybe not, particularly since the listing says they serve the Immortals, so one of the things I asked was if the Immortals create them.

Shifa
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Update with the HD's answer:

"Norse djinn are not really the same as arabic djinn. They are a wish granting species of their own. They serve all peoples but they are associated with the norse because they are the ones who discovered them."

Well let's keep this thread going! Who has one? What have your experiences been?
How do you feel about the explanation of what they are?
Have your spirits told you anything about themselves?

I'll tell you about what my custom conjures' notes say.
Jotunheimr Djinn, male - Handsome, dark, charming, intelligent and crafty when it comes to security and commanding power. A guide and guardian.
Muspell Djinn, male - A commanding and intelligent strategist that will help me make wise decisions and develop a plan for personal growth.
Svartalfheimr Djinn, male - Well-tempered, balanced, and has a powerful organic energy, with a commanding and impressive attitude. A guide in mystic matters of development.

Has anyone ever gotten a female?
Do you think the realm they're from influences what they can offer? I'm kinda curious to get one from all the realms now. >.>

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Lokakisa wrote: Do you think the realm they're from influences what they can offer? I'm kinda curious to get one from all the realms now. >.>
Don't. Remember your other thread, you still have A LOT of spirits to bond:)

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Shifa
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Ahahaha that's why I made the side-eye symbol. Hopefully someone will come along with comments on them though.

markyy64
new here
new here
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

Hi All

I have a Norse Djinn from the Miogaror region, she is fantastic, she only likes to do spiritual work rather than money wishes etc., she is great at doing reiki and can charge runes with the correct energy, and if you lay down she will fill you with runic energies , she also likes to come to work all day with me,i have nothing bad to say about her. 1s

Mark

Shifa
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Oh that's pretty neat! And interesting to know that you can get females.
By the way, you know it's Midgardr, not Miogaror, right? Yeah I'm nitpicky. lol
Do you work with Run Valdr reiki, or just reiki in general?
I should ask my guys if any of them can help with runes.

markyy64
new here
new here
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

Hi sorry spelling mistake lol , yes I do both Run Valdr and was attuned by Rodney cox the founder, about 10 years ago, and also various reiki styles, she is most certainly female and dosent recognize run valdr symbols and I haven't done run valdr for a while but she is great fun to have around I have no experience from other region norse djinns I certainly wouldn't swap her. 1ey

Olivia
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 32
Spelled Number: 6
Your favorite spirit to work with: Alpha Minion.
If I could be anything, I would be...: Jakos Demon.

I have an Arabian djinn friend, she appears as female and is absolutely stunning <3

-Olivia.

Formerly known as OliviaSpirit.

Return to “Djinn / Genie”