new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon

Hello I'm new to all this spirit collecting. So days ago I bought a dragon and I'm still waiting for him. What is a binding ritual? Do I have to prick my finger for blood in order for the dragon to bind to me because the seller is sending along a binding ritual so I was wondering how does this work?
LilyCake
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 0
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Please do not cut yourself unless the binding rituals specifically said to. You are bonding with a spirit friend not summoning Satan. A binding ritual usually involves burning incense and meditation. Not all spirits need binding rituals.
Out of curiosity what type of dragon is this and where did you buy it? I recently got my first dragon a few days ago.
Rai
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 145
Spelled Number: 15
Your favorite spirit to work with: Drow/Centaurs/Alphas
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Serpentdragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Rai
Zodiac:

Are you sure it's not a bonding ritual? Usually the seller does all the binding for the buyer. Some sellers just require a buyer to do something to help kick off the relationship.

Personally, I'd be highly suspect of a ritual if it involved blood. Especially for a dragon, as that's not their thing. I wouldn't even expect that kind of request from a darker Dark Arts Dragon. However, it sounds like you don't even know what will be involved. I'd hazard a guess that it won't be much more involved than lighting a candle of a certain color/scent and reading a short 3-5 line spell to evoke.

Be aware that not everything magicks related involves blood and such. Usually only the black arts as far as I know.
I am also known as Ravechaosknight.

For a Lady Knight and maidens fair.
youngdragon1999
new here
new here

Yeah I think your right because the seller did say that the welcoming ritual does require a purple candle which I have. So I have to light a dandle then read words and that's it? Whew for a second there I was like If I have to prick my finger to bind with my dragon I would do it but I would be scared to XD thank you so much for the advice I really appreciate it!!!
youngdragon1999
new here
new here

Yeah I think your right because the seller did say that the welcoming ritual does require a purple candle which I have. So I have to light a dandle then read words and that's it? Whew for a second there I was like If I have to prick my finger to bind with my dragon I would do it but I would be scared to XD thank you so much for the advice I really appreciate it!!!
Ryce
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 27
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Kitsune
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Its also quite possible the seller has different terminology. Rai is right though, the ritual for when you get your spirit serves as an introduction, and sometimes as a way of sealing the bond/binding with the keepers intent to interact with the spirit. I like to them best as introductions, a formal first hello. As Rai said they usually involve a candle of some sort and a short evocation. Its usually recommended to follow it with short meditation with the spirit and its energy, and then laying down the 'house rules.'

I've never had a bonding ritual require the use of blood, so you are safe there. No poking yourself, or cutting yourself, etc. If it does, you should seriously question the conjurer. >.>'

A side note though, not all blood magick or magick involving the use of blood is BA. There are plenty of paths that use blood in magick that are not purely evil, destructive forces. Blood is very symbolic and holy, and should be respected and used in such ways. To bleed for something has significance, and is a great sacrifice. Its one of the most purest forms of intent, if you really mean it. The magician is willing to bleed for this. The act itself should be full of purpose, and to employ blood in a ritual without thought or to use it in BA ways is just asking for trouble imo.
"Living in the Ruins of a Palace within my Dreams" - Lorde

In Your Blood- Vampire, Elf, Dwarf
Verita
neophyte
neophyte

Ryce wrote: A side note though, not all blood magick or magick involving the use of blood is BA. There are plenty of paths that use blood in magick that are not purely evil, destructive forces. Blood is very symbolic and holy, and should be respected and used in such ways. To bleed for something has significance, and is a great sacrifice. Its one of the most purest forms of intent, if you really mean it. The magician is willing to bleed for this. The act itself should be full of purpose, and to employ blood in a ritual without thought or to use it in BA ways is just asking for trouble imo.
I agree with this.
youngdragon1999
new here
new here

I got my dragon from Norse warlock where he also sells a whole bunch of spirits. My dragon's name is Aloysius and he comes from a royal bloodline. In short he is a king with a clan of thousands. He lives in a Amethyst Gemstone Orb and he includes a velvet charging and cleansing pouch. The binding ritual also comes with him and all I need to do is light a purple candle and say a few words. I'm still waiting for him and I can't wait for him any longer I want to spend time with him :)
WarlockDesolate
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 19
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: None
If I could be anything, I would be...: Eldrazi
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Kuya Pilo

We do not reveal spirit names in here.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk
My family:

Nympho, Goddess Nympho (Entity), Ki-Lin, Pegasus, Gryphon, Faery Of Light, Faery Of Intelligence, Avala Faery, Blue Dragon, Chinese Guardian Dragon, Gold Dragon, Gargoyle, Sanguine Vampire, Cambion, and Swan Maiden, Zombie, 2× Incubus, 7× Alpha Servitors (entity), Micro Servitor (entity), Nightwalker Wolf, Faun, Kentauride, Spider Shifter Princess (entity), Celtic Warrior, Cecaelia, Werehorse, Black Dragon, and Alpha Lord (entity).
youngdragon1999
new here
new here

youngdragon1999 wrote:I got my dragon from Norse warlock where he also sells a whole bunch of spirits. He comes from a royal bloodline. In short he is a king with a clan of thousands. He lives in a Amethyst Gemstone Orb and he includes a velvet charging and cleansing pouch. The binding ritual also comes with him and all I need to do is light a purple candle and say a few words. I'm still waiting for him and I can't wait for him any longer I want to spend time with him :)

Return to “Dragons”