cat troll!

Discussion of Dark Arts creatures starting with letters I-Z.
Shifa
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: Espada
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Despair Kitten

I am so excited. I ordered a custom Forest troll and asked for one like is mentioned in Scandinavian folktales - those who can change into smart, sassy, magickal cats.
Today I got notice of my completed order, and there he is in the customer notes! A cat troll! He'll fit right in with my mostly feline-ish spirit family. (and the Northern-type spirits I've been trying to gather - I have some Norse Djinn on the way also, very interested to learn about them!)
Does anyone else have a troll shifter like that?

I see. So this is it. It lies here within this palm. The heart.
Rai
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 145
Spelled Number: 15
Your favorite spirit to work with: Drow/Centaurs/Alphas
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Serpentdragon
My magical/paranormal name...: Rai
Zodiac:

Oh nice. That sounds intriguing. Where you have a love for cats. I have an interest in shape-shifters. lol I have all kinds.

Anyways, to my point. You may want to implement a "No impersonating" house rule so that you will know who is who until you get a good grasp of their energies and personalities. (See my Kumiho thread for some idea of the confusion that can be caused by similar types of spirits).

I wish I had something to add about Cat trolls. This is the first I've heard of them. What drew you to them? Just the fact that they are of Scandinavian lore? Because of the whole cat thing? I'm curious.

I am also known as Ravechaosknight.

For a Lady Knight and maidens fair.
Verita
neophyte
neophyte

A cat troll? I'm totally interested. I'd love one!

Shifa
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Rai wrote:Oh nice. That sounds intriguing. Where you have a love for cats. I have an interest in shape-shifters. lol I have all kinds.

Anyways, to my point. You may want to implement a "No impersonating" house rule so that you will know who is who until you get a good grasp of their energies and personalities. (See my Kumiho thread for some idea of the confusion that can be caused by similar types of spirits).

I wish I had something to add about Cat trolls. This is the first I've heard of them. What drew you to them? Just the fact that they are of Scandinavian lore? Because of the whole cat thing? I'm curious.
Thanks for that advice. I'm looking forward to getting the "DA House Rules" poster from CH, and I plan on writing out a bunch more to cover everybody. That is a good idea though as I have several prankster-like spirits. (which wasn't really intended, but we all know how naughty cats are)
Yeah, because of Scandinavian lore ... and I'm gonna finally take a shot at Freyja's cats also lol ...but I had been researching cats in Northern lore, looking at myths and folktales to see if there is/was a cat-version of wulvers and selkies and the like. Besides associated with Freyja, and the witch-seers called volvas, there are tales of trolls who shift into cats, and also just magickal cats in general, and people being turned into cats by a faery curse or something. Usually the cats are clever and helpful, of course some can be lazy or throw out insults lol (there's a funny tale about a cat picking on a fox, wish I could remember the title).
So I saw the listing for the Forest Troll, and took a guess that it wasn't the other Troll listing - based on the native European Wildcat and Norwegian Forest Cat, and as I mentioned in the OP I gave a brief note on what I was looking for.
My customer notes actually says "B," cat troll, male, manifests as a feisty cat, and guess what, another prankster, lol.

Shifa
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

I wanted to give an update and clarification -

I goofed and misread my customer notes, lol. Instead of "cat troll" it is actually "troll cat."
I checked with the HD to see what I actually got, and even though I used the Custom Forest Troll listing, my spirit is considered a Troll Cat.
And guess what? Did you notice it is now a new listing in DA Custom Conjures? ^_^
http://shop.creepyhollows.com/product.p ... at=&page=2

This is cool though as I believe they did find what I was looking for. I think that Troll Cats are the magickal cats from many different stories in Europe and Scandinavia, maybe this is even what Puss'nBoots is!

Gypsy
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Changes daily
If I could be anything, I would be...: fae
My magical/paranormal name...: It's a secret ;)

I know this is an old post but I was wondering how things are going with your troll cat Lokakisa? I am a very much a "cat " person and I am very curious about this type of spirit.

Return to “Dark Arts I-Z”