Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 47
Your favorite spirit to work with: Servitors
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: kelistarian
Zodiac:

I agree with the art issues, which is why I have not listed the many many great spirits/entities and servitors (both Alpha and Beta) that are awaiting it. Until I can get the drawings done myself (and eventually replace all of the art in my shop with original work), I probably wont be listing to terribly much.
"I may be a Construct, But I Feel, Love, and Want. Does That Not Make Me A Living Being?"

"7 Years Have Gone, It Can No Longer Be Left Undone
The Candle Must Be Burn Again, And Pain
Must Follow the Unholy Flame
So Burn...Burn...Burn
And Free the Spirit From Its Chain"
WarlockDesolate
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 19
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: None
If I could be anything, I would be...: Eldrazi
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Kuya Pilo

darklordmidnight wrote:I agree with the art issues, which is why I have not listed the many many great spirits/entities and servitors (both Alpha and Beta) that are awaiting it. Until I can get the drawings done myself (and eventually replace all of the art in my shop with original work), I probably wont be listing to terribly much.
Or, you can just look for volunteers who are willing to do some drawing works for your upcoming listings. I love on how you made my Alpha, I guess I owe you one by helping you. [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk
My family:

Nympho, Goddess Nympho (Entity), Ki-Lin, Pegasus, Gryphon, Faery Of Light, Faery Of Intelligence, Avala Faery, Blue Dragon, Chinese Guardian Dragon, Gold Dragon, Gargoyle, Sanguine Vampire, Cambion, and Swan Maiden, Zombie, 2× Incubus, 7× Alpha Servitors (entity), Micro Servitor (entity), Nightwalker Wolf, Faun, Kentauride, Spider Shifter Princess (entity), Celtic Warrior, Cecaelia, Werehorse, Black Dragon, and Alpha Lord (entity).
WarlockDesolate
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Also, why can't CH just look for volunteering artists who would like to draw images for their listings? All they have to do is ask.

My family:

Nympho, Goddess Nympho (Entity), Ki-Lin, Pegasus, Gryphon, Faery Of Light, Faery Of Intelligence, Avala Faery, Blue Dragon, Chinese Guardian Dragon, Gold Dragon, Gargoyle, Sanguine Vampire, Cambion, and Swan Maiden, Zombie, 2× Incubus, 7× Alpha Servitors (entity), Micro Servitor (entity), Nightwalker Wolf, Faun, Kentauride, Spider Shifter Princess (entity), Celtic Warrior, Cecaelia, Werehorse, Black Dragon, and Alpha Lord (entity).
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons

I can certainly understand and we have a lot of staff members and sometimes things can become jumbled when people transcribe things from what we write to being in the Shop or Encyclopedia. It's human error. Hiring an editor for the site would cost a fortune... I know because you are not the first to suggest this and we looked into it. The average, for 200 pages of material, was $10,000. That is an average taken from 3 quotes we received. The CH site contains tens of thousands of pages between the Encyclopedia and Shop. To do the Shop & Encylopedia for most active articles & listings would cost about $500,000 in editing fees.

The Shop has been moved from software-to-software multiple times in ongoing efforts to accommodate the ever-swelling traffic and number of listings. In several moves all the listings had to be moved singularly at a time. Which, obviously, caused inconsistencies in a lot of things such as drop-down menus, selections, the preview description & long description confusion, etc. It took a team of 6 people moving individual listings over a month to move all the listings... that has been done twice. The same for the Encyclopedia. We are on our third piece of software to accommodate the articles in the Encyclopedia. They all had to be moved manually from the old software to the new software we have now. There were lost images, typos, errors of various nature, etc.

In both the Shop & Encyclopedia movements we have tried to go back and manually resolve the issues. It's an ongoing effort. Obviously it's no small task coupled with the daily, ongoing needs of keeping the entire site up and running. We really do our best to prioritize tasks that need to be completed.

If someone alerts us to a problem we do fix it ASAP. Right now this is the most logical task. I can understand the frustration in finding typing errors, spelling errors, etc but it's just simply impossible to pay an editor at this time.

As for the images... the Encyclopedia may still have some old images and we're actively working on updating images (you may have already noticed)... and the Shop features primarily images from a subscription we pay for monthly. The account is through a professional, business-oriented, image company which provides us the ability to use the images on the site. There are some listings that still have old images but as you've probably already noticed we have already begun updating those as well.

In the past we have offered for artists to submit artwork... the threads are likely still active here in the Forum. It usually generates a lot of interest but few results. If anyone wants to submit artwork they can, and we will link to your artist page on any site (if you have one, otherwise credit is name only). Otherwise, the only thing we can do is rely on the art subscription mentioned in the paragraph above.
De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
MoonSpiritBoutique
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 14
Spelled Number: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: Faeries
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Alexandra Melitta
Zodiac:

Zero wrote:One thing (and this is NOT just CH, this is almost every meta seller I see) that I wish sellers would do is CREDIT THE ORIGINAL ARTIST IF THEY USE THEIR WORK AS A LISTING IMAGE.

OhmyGods, I cannot stand that. Having used to be an active artist (I'm not anymore), I know what it's like to work so hard on a drawing, painting, whatever medium, share it online, only to have people save it and post it on other websites and either claim it as their own or not give a discredit.

I know it can be hard sometimes to find the original artist. Sometimes they delete their online portfolios, the original images, sometimes the images are on a private view page. Right now I am trying to find the original artist of a work and I'm having a hard time, but I'm still looking. Trust me, I know it can be hard to track down an original post by the original artist.

I know it can also be a pain to actually gain permission to use an image in the first place.

If you're not going to get the artists permission, and if you're not going to credit them, the least you can do is say "Image does not belong to me." Or, something. Give a discredit.

Again, this is NOT just CH where I see this. I see this on most sellers listings.
Drives me insane too. It's especially bad when the original has a watermark or signature, and the shop crops it out purposely. Rude! I had Mio help find all the sources for the art used in our shop, which is a huge weight off my shoulders. Sources can be found by clicking the picture on the listing for us. Some other sites also have the sources marked this way. ^^
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

creepyhollows wrote:...Hiring an editor for the site would cost a fortune... I know because you are not the first to suggest this and we looked into it. The average, for 200 pages of material, was $10,000. That is an average taken from 3 quotes we received. The CH site contains tens of thousands of pages between the Encyclopedia and Shop. To do the Shop & Encylopedia for most active articles & listings would cost about $500,000 in editing fees.
Yes, that is the general price for professional editors in US, but outside there are cheaper ones. For example, in Indonesia, it becomes $5-10 per page, and this is for academic writings such as graduation theses and academic papers, as well as annual reports of a company:)
I bet you can find some amateur editors here who'll do it for a much cheaper price. Even I'll do it if you need any help:)
"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
WarlockDesolate
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

I'll help making some arts if I have the time.

My family:

WarlockDesolate
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

REMOVED - DO NOT RETRY wrote:
In the past we have offered for artists to submit artwork... the threads are likely still active here in the Forum. It usually generates a lot of interest but few results. If anyone wants to submit artwork they can, and we will link to your artist page on any site (if you have one, otherwise credit is name only). Otherwise, the only thing we can do is rely on the art subscription mentioned in the paragraph above.
I would love to get in on this in the future. That's good to know about your images situation. I was not aware! Drawing's my passion, and a huge part of my spirit work. I'll have to hunt down the threads you speak of.
Hey <<Removed by Mod>>, let's go and give them support on making good arts for them.

My family:

Shifa
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: Espada
My magical/paranormal name...: Despair Kitten

Zero wrote:One thing (and this is NOT just CH, this is almost every meta seller I see) that I wish sellers would do is CREDIT THE ORIGINAL ARTIST IF THEY USE THEIR WORK AS A LISTING IMAGE.

OhmyGods, I cannot stand that. Having used to be an active artist (I'm not anymore), I know what it's like to work so hard on a drawing, painting, whatever medium, share it online, only to have people save it and post it on other websites and either claim it as their own or not give a discredit.

I know it can be hard sometimes to find the original artist. Sometimes they delete their online portfolios, the original images, sometimes the images are on a private view page. Right now I am trying to find the original artist of a work and I'm having a hard time, but I'm still looking. Trust me, I know it can be hard to track down an original post by the original artist.

I know it can also be a pain to actually gain permission to use an image in the first place.

If you're not going to get the artists permission, and if you're not going to credit them, the least you can do is say "Image does not belong to me." Or, something. Give a discredit.

Again, this is NOT just CH where I see this. I see this on most sellers listings.
Gods, yes, not only are the broken images annoying but seeing uncredited works that I recognize aggravates me to no end. I haven't heard if there are any artists on staff, it seems like images are being pulled from everywhere, even professional belly dancers and video games. I know there are royalty-free images out there, plus plenty of sites who sell images/artwork, but I'd feel better if I knew where they came from. (besides, some of us are just curious like that - where was this photo taken? is it a historical site? done by an old painter? who carved this? etc. etc.) Sure the Encyclopedia is informational, but in general that and all the other listings on Etsy or wherever else are ultimately to make a sale and it's not fair to the artist/photographer.
I see. So this is it. It lies here within this palm. The heart.
Shifa
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: Espada
My magical/paranormal name...: Despair Kitten

Noctifera wrote:While I don't disagree with you at all, as I have found some of this myself and can be rather personally nitpicky.. I have always gone into CH already knowing the information, the origins, background, proper spelling and terms, etc. when it comes to the immortals.
I agree that it would do any seller well in the community to know their stuff and double check things (of course according to their own view as well as some of this may be based on their unique perspective or experience and not an error), but at the same time I would really hope that the individual customer is doing their own research and partaking in more than one source to build their knowledge. I think it's very important, as well to develop a finely attuned - even basically attuned - energy discernment so you can tell for yourself what you have.
Once again, it doesn't cast aside the responsibility of the seller, but I hope for people to work on their own knowledge and discernment enough that there's not any serious issue.
Agreed. That's part of my argument too, but you know there are folks out there who don't know any better and just click on a listing (here or anywhere) based on the description and they don't realize what's wrong with it. A seller can't assume that everyone enjoys reading books and delving into history and scholarly arguments. I would expect CH to offer information leagues above what's in a fluffy Wiccan book.
I see. So this is it. It lies here within this palm. The heart.

Return to “Report CH Site Issues”