acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: Espada
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Despair Kitten

creepyhollows wrote:I can certainly understand and we have a lot of staff members and sometimes things can become jumbled when people transcribe things from what we write to being in the Shop or Encyclopedia. It's human error. Hiring an editor for the site would cost a fortune... I know because you are not the first to suggest this and we looked into it. The average, for 200 pages of material, was $10,000. That is an average taken from 3 quotes we received. The CH site contains tens of thousands of pages between the Encyclopedia and Shop. To do the Shop & Encylopedia for most active articles & listings would cost about $500,000 in editing fees.

The Shop has been moved from software-to-software multiple times in ongoing efforts to accommodate the ever-swelling traffic and number of listings. In several moves all the listings had to be moved singularly at a time. Which, obviously, caused inconsistencies in a lot of things such as drop-down menus, selections, the preview description & long description confusion, etc. It took a team of 6 people moving individual listings over a month to move all the listings... that has been done twice. The same for the Encyclopedia. We are on our third piece of software to accommodate the articles in the Encyclopedia. They all had to be moved manually from the old software to the new software we have now. There were lost images, typos, errors of various nature, etc.

In both the Shop & Encyclopedia movements we have tried to go back and manually resolve the issues. It's an ongoing effort. Obviously it's no small task coupled with the daily, ongoing needs of keeping the entire site up and running. We really do our best to prioritize tasks that need to be completed.

If someone alerts us to a problem we do fix it ASAP. Right now this is the most logical task. I can understand the frustration in finding typing errors, spelling errors, etc but it's just simply impossible to pay an editor at this time.

As for the images... the Encyclopedia may still have some old images and we're actively working on updating images (you may have already noticed)... and the Shop features primarily images from a subscription we pay for monthly. The account is through a professional, business-oriented, image company which provides us the ability to use the images on the site. There are some listings that still have old images but as you've probably already noticed we have already begun updating those as well.

In the past we have offered for artists to submit artwork... the threads are likely still active here in the Forum. It usually generates a lot of interest but few results. If anyone wants to submit artwork they can, and we will link to your artist page on any site (if you have one, otherwise credit is name only). Otherwise, the only thing we can do is rely on the art subscription mentioned in the paragraph above.
I apologize if my critical tone (which sounds worse than I really intend it to) makes it seem as though I'm ignorant of the business side of the equation. I should've added that I was aware CH has been through many growth spurts, and has to deal with software changes and all that. I honestly had no idea how much an editor would cost though! I was just thinking in some cases a staff member should take an extra glance over the papers before mailing. But human error is what it is and I am no better.
Again I'd like to commend the Customer Service for handling tickets related to clearing up confusions due to typos and such. Yeah, it does make sense that it's easier to tackle it as people bring it up. In some cases though I hated to continue to send in tickets over this, that, and the other, thinking that a wrong gender or misspelling when it came to Immortals didn't affect my binding.
And that's cool about the image subscription service, nice to know what you are using now, and I have noticed new images when shopping around. Some things I was merely curious about, particularly photos of carvings and historical/archaeological sites.
All of us here in the thread mean well (including this cranky Virgo, lol), else we wouldn't continue to support the businesses. It's great that we have a space like this forum to discuss our questions and findings, and really it comes down to the customer doing their own homework too.
I think, based on the response, many of us would be happy to volunteer time and artwork to help out, if submission of such things is welcome.
I see. So this is it. It lies here within this palm. The heart.
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons

You are all more than welcome to submit any artwork or submit any errors found on the site. We are responsive in fixing errors.

For artwork, when submitted by the artist, we provide a link back to the artist's page or we provide the name (whichever is preferred).

For editing, we all take turns, in an ongoing basis, of proofreading articles in the Encyclopedia or listings in the Shop at random. When we do find errors we fix them. We are in the process of updating all images site-wide to coincide with our subscription-based imagery so we are in full compliance. There are, quite literally, thousands of images all over the site so it is time consuming, but we are more than 3/4 of the way through the site at this point (it was an ongoing project of 2015 that spilled into 2016).
De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Shifa
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: Espada
My magical/paranormal name...: Despair Kitten

creepyhollows wrote:You are all more than welcome to submit any artwork or submit any errors found on the site. We are responsive in fixing errors.

For artwork, when submitted by the artist, we provide a link back to the artist's page or we provide the name (whichever is preferred).

For editing, we all take turns, in an ongoing basis, of proofreading articles in the Encyclopedia or listings in the Shop at random. When we do find errors we fix them. We are in the process of updating all images site-wide to coincide with our subscription-based imagery so we are in full compliance. There are, quite literally, thousands of images all over the site so it is time consuming, but we are more than 3/4 of the way through the site at this point (it was an ongoing project of 2015 that spilled into 2016).
Sounds good! I know it's a lot of work to undertake, and maybe we can all pitch in to help. Thanks for taking the time to address my concerns. ^_^
I see. So this is it. It lies here within this palm. The heart.
WarlockDesolate
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 19
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: None
If I could be anything, I would be...: Eldrazi
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Kuya Pilo

I hope CH can make a thread for volunteering artists to do some artwork tryouts, I guess. [emoji56]

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk
My family:

Nympho, Goddess Nympho (Entity), Ki-Lin, Pegasus, Gryphon, Faery Of Light, Faery Of Intelligence, Avala Faery, Blue Dragon, Chinese Guardian Dragon, Gold Dragon, Gargoyle, Sanguine Vampire, Cambion, and Swan Maiden, Zombie, 2× Incubus, 7× Alpha Servitors (entity), Micro Servitor (entity), Nightwalker Wolf, Faun, Kentauride, Spider Shifter Princess (entity), Celtic Warrior, Cecaelia, Werehorse, Black Dragon, and Alpha Lord (entity).

Return to “Report CH Site Issues”