neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 13
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Neb djinn

creepyhollows wrote:SHIPPING TIMES

Our shipping times are approximately 30 days at all times. We can get orders out as quickly as 2 weeks or as late as 6 weeks. This has been the way for years. The misconception is the order volume is the reason we run behind, that's a partial factor, the 30 day shipping time is an average because it really takes at least 2 weeks to fully be confident in the security and quality of all bindings, and depending it can take up to 30 days. Work on all orders starts after 3 days. Your conjuration or binding may not be done in one sitting, it may require multiple actions to reach the full potential of the binding. Even if it's a prebound we still vet the situation and make sure the spirit or spell is right for the person. We touch every, single binding and order. We're not boxing and shipping pencils and mugs, these aren't things you would want rushed or have a quick job done and just shoved in the package. Even if you said that's what you wanted I wouldn't want my name on something done half-ass and I know Ash is the same way.

Some people think the discounts and the sales are why it takes 30 days, or that we're in over our heads. That's not true. It's been a 30 day shipping time frame when when we had 1 employee almost 10 years ago to now when we have 8-10 staff members at any time. The shipping window hasn't changed for all the reasons explained above. We hire more staff, make procedure changes, and go to great lengths to keep CH as efficient as possible. We spare no expense in making sure CH meets everyone's expectations.

This is in regards to regular CH bindings and not for third-party offers or for in-depth readings or services.

HOW DISCOUNTS WORK

We have multiple areas of the site that explain how it works and I will link them below.

To give you a simple overview this is how it works in the shop. It's easy once you understand how it works and all discounts are shown right in the cart.

Sale discount - If there is a sale you will see the sale icon at the top of the shop page which usually tells you exactly how much the discount is.

Membership discount - If you have a membership assignment you will see this discount taken off in the cart only. It will appear under the sub-total of your cart.

Coupon discount - If you have a coupon code you will enter it in the cart and you will see this discount taken off under the sub-total of your cart.

Example: There is a 50% off sale going on, you have Loyal Customer membership, and you have a 25% coupon code.

You see a $100 binding in the shop and you add it to your cart. You will now see the price in the cart screen is $50. If you scroll to the bottom of the cart you will see the actual total is now $35. You enter your coupon code and now your cart total becomes $26.25

You will receive the $100 binding for only $26.25

Links for reference:

How Discounts Work: http://shop.creepyhollows.com/pages.php?pageid=9
Customer Loyalty Program: http://shop.creepyhollows.com/pages.php?pageid=21
Shopping Guide: http://shop.creepyhollows.com/pages.php?pageid=13
Member Discounts: http://shop.creepyhollows.com/pages.php?pageid=20

HOW FREEBIES WORK

Freebies are awarded on the "Discounted Subtotal" which you can see in the cart and on your invoice. The "Discounted Subtotal" takes into account all the discounts mentioned above.

The sale price discounts individual items and that is the price you see next to the item in the cart, but the membership discounts and coupon discounts take a percentage off the total so they aren't awarded until the end of the cart.

The shop software is not sophisticated enough to remove freebies once all discounts are deducted from the total. This is why freebies will sometimes remain in your cart even though your order total doesn't qualify. We send all the freebies you qualify for with your order.

HOW VESSEL SELECTION WORKS

First & foremost if you have a spirit binding we default to what the spirit requests. They don't always request something, but if they do we honor that request above your request because it provides the best possible case for bonding.

It's very important that you fill out your customer bio in the shop to the fullest extent. When work orders are written the Creepy Crew uses your preferred vessels to choose the vessels for your bindings when a selection is not made in drop-down. If you dislike something like a color, type of gemstone, allergy to a certain metal, etc please tell us! Anyone who works on your orders reads this section and takes everything you provide into consideration.

For specific metal selections we follow these guidelines:

- If you would like stainless steel or pewter the price of the item, after all your discounts, needs to be $4. If you select pewter/stainless in the drop-down but your order does not qualify we use an alternate gemstone based on your profile preferences.

- If you'd like a sterling silver vessel the price of the item, after all your discounts, needs to be $15. If you select sterling in the drop-down but your order does not qualify for sterling we use pewter or stainless steel.

- If you would like a 10k gold ring or pendant the price of the item, after all your discounts, needs to be $200. If you select 10k gold in the drop-down but your order does not qualify for 10k gold we use sterling silver instead.

Vessel Examples: http://shop.creepyhollows.com/pages.php?pageid=14

CONJURATIONS & BINDINGS

From this thread: http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/vie ... 3&p=140360

We try to keep a healthy rotation in the work cycle which is why sometimes we don't update a category of spirits for 2 weeks or more. It's easier to schedule work so we are working with Angels, or Creatures, or Gargoyles, for a slot of time. We also have a fairly even split of doing magic work and spirit work; some weeks one more than the other.

We organize our work as efficiently as possible. We print a week's orders and we schedule by spirits and magic to be performed. Of course for spirits or magic that is already conjured or cast it doesn't apply. But, for custom work of spirits or spells we organize the work so we are working with Angels, Gargoyles, Vampires, etc during one sitting. If I have 10 orders for people who are looking for Sterling Angels I work with those at the same time. Each person is presented separately and if time allows I will do conjuration work for the pre-bound spirits after the custom work is finished. If I don't then those are the times you see the Angel category not updated for awhile. Same for Ash. We try to be as efficient as possible because everything takes time.

Depending on the entity depends on the time for conjuration setup. Obviously we've been doing this so long we could do it in our sleep (well, I wouldn't recommend that literally LOL) but set up for any conjuration typically takes anywhere from 20-30 minutes and the length of conjuration depends on how many people we have looking for that specific type of entity and how many entities respond.

Using the Sterling Angel example again:

Let's say I have 5 people looking for Sterling Angels. Once in conjuration I present the first person's name. One of several things will happen when someone is presented: there's already an Angel that was calling to that person and so they respond right away... several Angels respond and the one most close to the person's energy is chosen... or nothing responds at that time and that person is cycled into the next group of people.

Of course for those conjurations when there is a spirit already calling to them and they present to me as soon as I present that person's name the actual binding process takes a few minutes to 10 minutes depending on the spirit type. However, we prepare our vessels with our unique blend of spells for protection & privacy before we start conjuration. If you are going to cast & conjure at the same time you can expect to add at time to the conjuration process.

For the times when we have to decide among several spirits that respond that can add anywhere from a few minutes or more. And for the times when there is no response we present the name several times, if nothing comes forward they are placed in the next group for the next conjuration time.

There are entities that are far more frequently requested than others. We work with the mainstays often and so we can accomplish the requests more efficiently. We work with Dragons, Unicorns, Vampires, Gargoyles, Nymphos, Volkhs, Wraiths, etc on a regular basis & can present multiple people's requests during one session of conjuration. For lesser requested entities like Hippocampus, Bannik, Harpies, Brownies, etc we may only have 1 request for each so we perform those conjurations on what we call the random day. Which means we're going to be moving from conjuration to conjuration of different entities throughout the day.

For work that is pre-bound with spirits we will have days when that is all we do for 18 hours. We move from conjuration to conjuration of each entity types and between us both we can accomplish several hundred 4 days time at 18 hours a day. Of course we do not do these days consecutively or we may collapse from energy drain. LOL We try to balance the casting work & conjuration work. Casting work is obviously a bit easier because we can enchant multiple vessels at the same time with the same spell. You can't do that with spirits.

Sometimes custom work can move more quickly if it is an easy presentation & conjuration. It can move into a longer time frame if we are making more than one presentation or if the entity for conjuration is more difficult. We are only 2 people so we accomplish as much as we can and in times when we have a large influx of orders it's going to take us more time to get the work done for everyone.
Wow! Thank you for sharing all this! So informative#

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Thorny
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: almost any
If I could be anything, I would be...: A flying cat
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Sebeto

Very informative, and nice to know.

fawnwings
new here
new here

Thank you, Magnolia, for taking the time to explain all of this. : ) It shows that you (and I assume, Ash) sincerely care, and I appreciate that. Any future feelings of impatience or worry will be told to shush, and replaced with faith.

In any case, it's also just nifty to see these sorts of details. Being a newcomer, I had only imaginings of what conjuring or the general process was like. This was much better, and way more sensible. X)

cmhopkins7443
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: I am not sure yet
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

WOW! That was a lot of information about how things work at CH. I truly appreciate it! I also appreciate everyone at CH who makes all this look easy.

I am Melanated, descended from the great Shaman of the Blackfeet Nation, and the powerful Vodouisants of the Jamaica's.
Current Spirit Family

1 Arkan Sonney
1 Cleopatra Djinn
1 Champagne Dragon
1 Familiar Jackrabbit
1 Pegasus
1 Wraith
and still growing!
Catgirl2
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 22
Spelled Number: 22
Your favorite spirit to work with: Masheba Shifter
If I could be anything, I would be...: Not quite sure?
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: I believe Catgirl may be it-a nickname I got years ago!
Zodiac:

This is wonderful information! But I do have a question about the conjuration thought-when I brought home my Daemon two years ago, it took about(almost at least) two weeks if I remember correctly to get him, I gave his description on what he looks like, his demeaner & a few details on him including the message he wanted me to give to Magnolia & Ash that he would be waiting at the portal & who he was going to, does it mean it was more difficult, the conjuration? What could have caused it to take longer than usual? I ask because there are things I am still learning about so I would like to have an idea what happened! BTW-Thank You Magnolia & Ash, yes it is him that came thru & came to me, but he wanted me to ask so I can get it from your perspective & experience!

:3
Aryan
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: None
If I could be anything, I would be...: not sure
My magical/paranormal name...: Bilzerian
Zodiac:

Thanks for the conjuration info!

REPLACE FEAR OF THE UNKNOWN
WITH CURIOSITY..
1 wraith
1 sterling angel
1 sanguine vampire
1 familliar
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons

There is so much that has changed over the last 9 years that I would definitely not use this post as a reference and make sure that you check the shop's official pages for information related to anything with membership discounts, layaways, coupons, sales, etc. We have a page in the shop for just about every single aspect of membership and the shop.

On the conjuration side of things, much has evolved over the last 9 years as well! Our process is always growing and being developed to pair the best companions with each Keeper :)

This is wonderful information! But I do have a question about the conjuration thought-when I brought home my Daemon two years ago, it took about(almost at least) two weeks if I remember correctly to get him, I gave his description on what he looks like, his demeaner & a few details on him including the message he wanted me to give to Magnolia & Ash that he would be waiting at the portal & who he was going to, does it mean it was more difficult, the conjuration? What could have caused it to take longer than usual? I ask because there are things I am still learning about so I would like to have an idea what happened! BTW-Thank You Magnolia & Ash, yes it is him that came thru & came to me, but he wanted me to ask so I can get it from your perspective & experience!
There are many factors that can make a conjuration take longer than expected, and even spirit bios too; these factors can revolve around the spirit or the Keeper. It can also depend on our work load and how much has to be done, and sometimes we run behind. If there's ever a problem with a spirit conjuration we reach out to the Keeper and let them know; sometimes it's just not a good fit or is not possible overall.

We respect a spirit's privacy as much as we respect yours, so any information they give to us during the conjuration process is conveyed. We do not bond with the spirits before they come home to you, because that infringes on the relationship you are meant to have with them, and they didn't come to be with us, they came to be with you. So we give the spirits freedom to share their information as they wish to share, and it's usually immediate, but if it's not, then we give them time and we come back to them when they are ready.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Catgirl2
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 22
Spelled Number: 22
Your favorite spirit to work with: Masheba Shifter
If I could be anything, I would be...: Not quite sure?
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: I believe Catgirl may be it-a nickname I got years ago!
Zodiac:

Thank You! I always wondered what some of the causes for a conjuration to be a bit difficult-I trust the fact that CH wants to make sure nothing goes wrong & what is coming thru is good or what it says it is-I had assumed it could have a bit difficult for any given reason-regardless he was at the portal waiting-I remember my Daemon wanting to make sure I gave the message I needed to give-he seemed to be a bit discreet during it so I was curious/concerned about what happened-plus I also wanted to be sure if there is any kind of problems or issues I have the lines of communications open too with out violating any ones privacy-like if the class needs to be a touch higher or if it's something that would take a touch longer due to type of spirit! I did the if you don't see a spirit listing with my Daemon because I wasn't quite sure if he was a Demon, Draugr or even an Einherjar because he had traits of all three of these but in hindsight I think I should have also asked for open communication during the process incase something popped up!

:3
Kitsune
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demon,dragon,vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Magnolia, would it also be accurate to say that some spirits don't want the conjurer to know their name, and give a pseudonym during the binding process?

I've noticed quite often with my companions that the spirit's given name in the CH bio is not their actual name, but something very similar sounding. I assume this is intentional and not an error on CH's part, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

I felt this was something needing mention, which is why I brought it up.

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup"
Rungr
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a master
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: other Deities
If I could be anything, I would be...: my primordial self
My magical/paranormal name...: Rungr
Zodiac:

Kitsune wrote:Magnolia, would it also be accurate to say that some spirits don't want the conjurer to know their name, and give a pseudonym during the binding process?

I've noticed quite often with my companions that the spirit's given name in the CH bio is not their actual name, but something very similar sounding. I assume this is intentional and not an error on CH's part, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

I felt this was something needing mention, which is why I brought it up.
This happened with me in regards to their appearance and them not actually being spirits but living. Same with their name, but they said I could use the pseudo name if I liked the way it sounded. In which case I really do like their pseudo names.

Meinkráka
Gammleið
Inn bundni áss
I am a Master of my own path.

Return to “Messages & Updates”