Catgirl2
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 22
Spelled Number: 22
Your favorite spirit to work with: Masheba Shifter
If I could be anything, I would be...: Not quite sure?
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: I believe Catgirl may be it-a nickname I got years ago!
Zodiac:

Good point with the names too! I gave a nickname to my Daemon, part of his spirit name sounds similar to the one he had when he was alive, otherwise the rest of my Spirits I got from CH names are pretty accurate, now my question regarding the names is why would a spirit give a pseudo name rather than their actual name or a name they prefer to be called by? I feel like I am being a pest for asking too many questions or for asking at all!

:3
Rungr
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a master
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: other Deities
If I could be anything, I would be...: my primordial self
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Rungr
Zodiac:

Some beings when will only reveal stuff about themselves to the one they bond with, it's just as we as humans show different sides of ourselves to friends, family, strangers. A pseudo name isn't harmless but some would rather open that much up to the keeper, not the conjurer unless the conjurer is also the keeper. I find that it's most likely a personal preference per entity.

Meinkráka
Gammleið
Inn bundni áss
I am a Master of my own path.
Catgirl2
venerated member
venerated member
My magical/paranormal name...: I believe Catgirl may be it-a nickname I got years ago!
Zodiac:

You know you have a wonderful point, it makes a lot of sense too! as much as I would prefer the spirit to give their real name to the conjurer I also can understand why they don't! If a pseudo name isn't harmless what is the outcome of it usually/

Rungr
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

With my keep I’ve been shown a few things that didn’t match what was written by the conjurer, Though, according to my keep only two actually gave pseudo names/appaearances. They kept it business but we did bond over it and I found it funny mainly because I’ve had similar cases when I would do conjures for others

Meinkráka
Gammleið
Inn bundni áss
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons

Magnolia, would it also be accurate to say that some spirits don't want the conjurer to know their name, and give a pseudonym during the binding process?

I've noticed quite often with my companions that the spirit's given name in the CH bio is not their actual name, but something very similar sounding. I assume this is intentional and not an error on CH's part, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

I felt this was something needing mention, which is why I brought it up.
It could be. It could also be that their native tongue and the translation of the name to the conjurer versus the translation to the Keeper can vary based on language, dialect, inflection, etc.

I don't think it would be something common, but it's also not unusual for spirits to have nicknames or pet names that they have for themselves to you, and the name they call YOU.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Catgirl2
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Rungr wrote:With my keep I’ve been shown a few things that didn’t match what was written by the conjurer, Though, according to my keep only two actually gave pseudo names/appaearances. They kept it business but we did bond over it and I found it funny mainly because I’ve had similar cases when I would do conjures for others
You know, I think you are right about that one! I believe my Daemon may have done so, or have been misunderstood due to an accent-I am not sure yet, but CH got his demeaner & looks so accurate it was uncanny how it was down to the slightest detail! Most of my spirits names were accurate due to it was either their real name or a nickname they liked! you know something, it's strange you say they kept it business, I had three of my spirits telling me the same thing, I never knew why they brought it up but now after reading your post I understand it better now! Some of my spirits I got from CH, the others I got from two other conjurers that I know have their own stores on another site but I am not sure for how long because they are decreasing some of their listings!

Catgirl2
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

creepyhollows wrote:
Magnolia, would it also be accurate to say that some spirits don't want the conjurer to know their name, and give a pseudonym during the binding process?

I've noticed quite often with my companions that the spirit's given name in the CH bio is not their actual name, but something very similar sounding. I assume this is intentional and not an error on CH's part, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

I felt this was something needing mention, which is why I brought it up.
It could be. It could also be that their native tongue and the translation of the name to the conjurer versus the translation to the Keeper can vary based on language, dialect, inflection, etc.

I don't think it would be something common, but it's also not unusual for spirits to have nicknames or pet names that they have for themselves to you, and the name they call YOU.
I noticed that with a few of my spirits, their accents have a lot to do with how I hear their names, I misunderstood my Masheba with her name when I brought her home, it took me a month to get it right but she understood why, it was a combination of her accent & her telling me so fast her name I misheard it, she had said her name very slowly for me to fully hear it correctly, which thankfully I wasn't way off on it!

Rungr
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Catgirl2 wrote:
Rungr wrote:With my keep I’ve been shown a few things that didn’t match what was written by the conjurer, Though, according to my keep only two actually gave pseudo names/appaearances. They kept it business but we did bond over it and I found it funny mainly because I’ve had similar cases when I would do conjures for others
You know, I think you are right about that one! I believe my Daemon may have done so, or have been misunderstood due to an accent-I am not sure yet, but CH got his demeaner & looks so accurate it was uncanny how it was down to the slightest detail! Most of my spirits names were accurate due to it was either their real name or a nickname they liked! you know something, it's strange you say they kept it business, I had three of my spirits telling me the same thing, I never knew why they brought it up but now after reading your post I understand it better now! Some of my spirits I got from CH, the others I got from two other conjurers that I know have their own stores on another site but I am not sure for how long because they are decreasing some of their listings!
I only got mine from two conjurers here and another place uh mysticmorningtreasures I believe, they call me by my true name rather than my physical name lol.

Meinkráka
Gammleið
Inn bundni áss
Catgirl2
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

WOW-that's very impressive! It's nice when we find good conjurers & ethical ones at that fact-which is why I have spirits only from the three-I don't know if I can mention their names or stores in this post so if can get the ok I will mention it! And calling you by your true name not the physical one is very impressive too-sounds very personal & a good trust there!

Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons

Spirits have the benefit of appearing in both true form and manifestation form, which are independent of each other. What is shown to the conjurer can be either form, and what you see when you meditate versus how they appear in dreams can, and will, differ with time.

It's important not to be judgemental or anxious in this differentiation because spirits have the freedom to appear in the form they feel best suits themselves, you, or the situation. If they are trying to make a point of something, their manifestation may reflect the sense of urgency, or the theme of the message.

A spirit may have more than one name, they may have a pet name, they may have a nickname, they may want you to hear/see their name in their native tongue when they were alive.

I cannot speak for all conjurers, but for conjurers who do not bond with the spirits, that information is provided to the conjurer based on what the spirit wants the new Keeper to know via their interaction with the conjurer. What they share with you after they come home with you and bonds of trust are formed is going to vary by each spirit.

There is no right or wrong answer when it comes to the bonding process with spirits, it is what makes sense for each & all of you :)

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER

Return to “Messages & Updates”