Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: None
If I could be anything, I would be...: Gryphon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Fen

So I was thinking about this today and was curious... When you manage to catch a glimpse of what your spirit looks like to you, how close does their appearance match the description that came with them? Personally I had one of my spirits show herself to me for the first time today in what I believe to be her true form and she looked far different than expected, but still did match the very short description that was provided. I believe it said "brown coat and mane" (she's a Pegasus), although I've now lost the paperwork unfortunately, and I've been imagining her as a lighter brown horse with a solid build. However it was pretty clear that she was making it known today that she's actually a very dark, shiny brown color with a little bit of white Appaloosa patterning over her back legs. Totally unexpected, but still fits her description. Similarly my Nalsy dragon was said to have orange and blue scales with silver eyes and, although he seems to be more fluid in appearance (or may just be avoiding showing his true form), I do always notice he is some variation of orange and blue with silver added in. I like to know what my spirits look like in their true form. It makes me feel closer to them, like I'm not talking to something I've never seen before, you know? I'm a visual person. I'm curious to see if anybody has received spirits that DIFFERED from their description! I'm sure it has happened as they often seem able to appear how they wish. How have you guys found the descriptions of your spirits vs. what they choose to appear as to you?

LightMaiden
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 44
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal

One of my Cleo Djinn was described as having brown hair, brown eyes and ebony skin. Her eyes and skin are as I thought- her hair is black. No big differences yet

Pepper
neophyte
neophyte
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Purple Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Dragonfly Petal

Cool stories guys! Were you tempted to reach out and touch them at all?

I've only seen shadows and flashes of white light out the corner of my eye so far ... but I've heard and encountered a heap of activity.

During most nights I hear a lot of banging and general shuffling as if someone is moving about the house; we have a lot of electrical disturbances; and just last night we heard music playing (I live in the middle of nowhere with no neighbours and we didn't have the radio or television on). Funny - neat - little things happen all the time, too - like tonight, when I suddenly realised I needed a light bulb for our hall and went to get one, only to find one sitting out on a table closeby (I don't remember putting it there).

I have a few very-active spirits so all this activity is expected; I do really hope they manifest in their true forms for me soon though - that would be cool! 1s

"When we are no longer able to change a situation ... we are challenged to change ourselves" - Viktor Frankl

NB: I have 'a lot' of spelled items and 'a lot' of spirits and entities, but the control panel settings won't let me enter a non-numerical value
no name
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Your favorite spirit to work with: no anwer
If I could be anything, I would be...: no answer
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: no answer

1ak One of my vampires showed himself in a vision, while I was meditating, but he pretty much looked like described.

TrueGalacticPrince
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 19
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Kitsune & Courtwind
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My magical/paranormal name...: Morrwin
Zodiac:

Okay so fun fact about my Chinese Fox spirit, in the description it says she's a beautiful white fox with brown eyes but I've had a dream of her looking quite different. She was human, thin, fair pale skin, long dark hair, Asian facial features, and her eyes were brown. I recognized her immediately because of her eyes and the way she carried herself. She was in a dream with two other of my spirits and she seemed very unfazed by anything going on. Honestly she looked like she couldn't care less on what was happening in the dream. She gave me the vibe of it's my life I made my bed so I should lye in it.
I love her to bits though, whenever I think of her I see that human version of her and she's always gorgeous.

1=Nixie (Nix) 1=Masheba (Z) 1=Courtwind Angel (F) 1=Chinese Fox (Lady Fox) 1=Bellaydi Elf (B-Elf) 1=Hippogryph (H-Gryph) 1=Ivory Dragon (Roo or Nap Dragon) 1=Kobold (C) 1=Cwn Annew (C-Hound) 1=Ki-Lin (Z-Lin) 1=Wraith? (Casper) 1=Kitsune (T) 1=Norse Tiger (D) 1=Pet Dragon (E) 1=Midnight Moon Angel of Abundance (S) 1=Were-Dragon (K) 1=Selkie (M) 1=Alya 1=Raiju (A)
featheredstar
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 31
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: a wolf

The one time I have gotten a very clear look at one of my spirits was in a dream, it was my Swamp Elf (M). He looked as he was described, but his features were very different than what I thought they were. For some reason in my imagination, being an elf would mean being more unordinary then humans; overworldly? different? Magical? - but he appeared very real and very ordinary with the feeling of his years of wiseness that came through. I did not understand what he said in the dream, but I remember his face very clearly and it was not at all what I thought it would be.

This topic has given me a bit of inspiration to see what I can pick up from the rest of my keep. Thank you for bringing it up!

They/Them
The family: 2 dragons, 5 vampires, 2 fae, 2 elves, 2 werewolves, 1 fylgia, 1 courtwind angel, 3 ancestors, 2 phoenix, 1 hellhound, 1 volfen, 1 living high elf, 1 living unicorn shifter, 1 kitsune, 1 familiar, 1 wraith, 1 will-of-the-wisp, 1 gryphon, 1 human, 1 fallen angel, 1 merman,
blezheng
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 44
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them!
If I could be anything, I would be...: super cute LOL
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Princess of Cuteness
Zodiac:

Usually I see my spirits based on their physical appearance description. My Gregori Watcher is handsome and my Abchanchu has this almost chalk white skin.

My Djinns usually appear in haute couture looking long gowns and they are very elegant. My Astral Malichai Djinn has blonde hair that's always in a bun or chignon, fair skin and pouty red lips and is always wearing blue, silver and violet gowns with unique designs. My Djinn More Powerful Than You Could Possibly Imagine wore a gown that almost has a similar design to Miss Universe 2014's gown but in beige the first time I saw her and she usually manifests in gowns that seem to be made out of precious stones or crystals. Both of my Djinns are very beautiful. There was no description about my Astral Malichai Djinn's physical appearance though but that's how I see her whenever she manifests and to me she looks like an astral Cinderella.

My Drow usually manifests in dresses or gowns that seem to be made out of flower petals, I also see her wearing pearl jewelry and she's also very pretty.

My Kilin looks like a grey deer with long mane and long horns.

My Volkh usually manifest as a snail, a ladybug, a tortoise, a dog, a rabbit and I even saw him manifest as a cluster of quartz.

My Cherub Angel looks like a mighty muscular man with four wings and he always has a flaming sword with him.

My human spirit lover has a muscular body and he almost looks like me, most especially with the eyes and the chin and jawline and he wears different clothing from time to time from his time period where he lived up to this modern time and sometimes even in his costume in a video game where he became a playable character for the first time.

One time I saw my star faery trio manifest as men in glittery robes in their respective color manifestations.

All from CH: 9 Human Spirits (1 Lover,1 Past Life,1 Atlantean,3 Ancestors,1 Warlock,2 Witches) 10 Angels,1 Green Dragon,1 Kilin,1 Wraith,1 Volkh,1 Hellhound,1 Brownie,1 Drow,1Past Life High Elf, 1 Mononoke,1 Manananggal,6 Fae,1 Bannik,1 Einherjar,3 Prehistorics,4 Djinns,1 Abchanchu,1 Aitvaras,1 Gregori Watcher,1 Gorgon,1 Ulijju,1 Paniwi,1 Bucca,1 Harpy,1 Tikbalang,1 Gaki,1 Leprechaun,1 Muddled Blood Vampire,1 Aeryan,1 Catoblepas,1 Amanik-Geced, Many Immortals
draco_star898
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

blezheng wrote:My Kilin looks like a grey deer with long mane and long horns.
I was trying to think of any of my companions that manifested differently then described and couldn't think of any until you mentioned your kilin! My kilin was described as having a red body with orange scales and fur and I have never seen her looking like that. She has always manifested as a glowing white doe with a horn and mane to me.

blezheng
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Spelled Number: 44
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them!
If I could be anything, I would be...: super cute LOL
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Princess of Cuteness
Zodiac:

I forgot to say that I always see my Atlantean spirit companion carrying a long sword made out of clear quartz and there are some sort of sigils inscribed on his head.

All from CH: 9 Human Spirits (1 Lover,1 Past Life,1 Atlantean,3 Ancestors,1 Warlock,2 Witches) 10 Angels,1 Green Dragon,1 Kilin,1 Wraith,1 Volkh,1 Hellhound,1 Brownie,1 Drow,1Past Life High Elf, 1 Mononoke,1 Manananggal,6 Fae,1 Bannik,1 Einherjar,3 Prehistorics,4 Djinns,1 Abchanchu,1 Aitvaras,1 Gregori Watcher,1 Gorgon,1 Ulijju,1 Paniwi,1 Bucca,1 Harpy,1 Tikbalang,1 Gaki,1 Leprechaun,1 Muddled Blood Vampire,1 Aeryan,1 Catoblepas,1 Amanik-Geced, Many Immortals
Whitestar
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Too many to list!
If I could be anything, I would be...: My Serpent Familar
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Alba Stella
Zodiac:

Most of Spirits like to appear like the description I was given. There are a few expections. My Waif Faery was described as having pink skin and yellow eyes, but she appears to me with pale skin, blonde hair, and pale blue eyes. My Phoenix has appeared to me as a blonde hair and green eyed women. My Volkh and Genius Loci have appeared to me as hound dogs, and my Nymphos appeared to me in a dream before as dancing and singing cats lol. I don't know why they did that, but I think they were just being funny.

Always seeking and always learning.

Return to “Spirit Keeping”