Unusual Pets?

We love fur babies around here! Share your pics & stories!
CerataPhthalma
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Anyone here have any "unusual" pets? I have a cat (whom I love dearly), but I also have a betta fish, a goldfish, and a hermit crab :)

My hermit crab is the real odd duck in the lot--I've had him for going on 14-15 years now! He has outlived all the others I used to house with him, and now meanders around his tank happily at all hours, occasionally chirping and "dancing" at the front of his cage when he isn't climbing, drinking, burrowing, or redecorating. He is never shy to be handled, and is always ready for a good walk on the occasions when I do take him out to play! He's been a real treat--I'm really going to miss the old man when he goes 1sa

Alikat13
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 5
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Monster
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Awwwwww your crab sounds so cute lol I don't have an unusual pet but your crab sounds fascinating. What's the usual lifespan of a hermit crab?

Image. Image I will not self-censor, I will write my dark truth[/size]
Being Both Soft And Strong Is A Combination Very Few Have Mastered
Kitsune
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demon,dragon,vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

I keep watch over the spiders who dwell in the backyard, and make sure they are well, feed them sometimes, etc. They are also fun to hold, especially when they get big.

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup"
Kitsune
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demon,dragon,vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Some day, I want to get a Goliath Bird-eating Spider. Those guys are amazing, and can grow up to 12" .

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup"
WarlockDesolate
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 19
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: None
If I could be anything, I would be...: Eldrazi
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Kuya Pilo

Kitsune wrote:Some day, I want to get a Goliath Bird-eating Spider. Those guys are amazing, and can grow up to 12" .
Oh man, my Princess would want me to own that so bad. XD

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

My family:

Nympho, Goddess Nympho (Entity), Ki-Lin, Pegasus, Gryphon, Faery Of Light, Faery Of Intelligence, Avala Faery, Blue Dragon, Chinese Guardian Dragon, Gold Dragon, Gargoyle, Sanguine Vampire, Cambion, and Swan Maiden, Zombie, 2× Incubus, 7× Alpha Servitors (entity), Micro Servitor (entity), Nightwalker Wolf, Faun, Kentauride, Spider Shifter Princess (entity), Celtic Warrior, Cecaelia, Werehorse, Black Dragon, and Alpha Lord (entity).
CatLoafCreations
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 1500
Spelled Number: 2000

I have tarantulas and emu

Some people are like slinkies. They serve no useful purpose what so ever; but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs

I do not feed Trolls. I never seem to have a spare goat on hand when I cross a bridge; and I never like to waste a good goat on an annoying Troll. Ignoring them is such a wonderful option.

We tend to take life and the Internet too seriously. Don't allow others to tear you down or ruin your day. You live for YOU... NOT for them.
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

I had a snail once..

I grew up with chinchillas. My mother loves them and bred them as pets, like I'm talking there would be dozens of chinchillas running around. I remember bringing one to show-and-tell when I was a kid. C hinchillas aren't so exotic anymore, though.

We currently have a wild Savannah cat which is a hybrid between a Serval and a domestic cat, and a Saluki which is the earliest dog breed descended from Wolves.
Last edited by Noctua on Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Drake
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: Don't know yet.
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sausage
My super power would be...: Laser-beam eyes
My magical/paranormal name...: Don't know.
Zodiac:

Their fur though, their fur~

CatLoafCreations
neophyte
neophyte

a miniature horse and a mini donkey too.. but I don't think of them as being unusual :)

we also raise geese, ducks, chickens, and turkeys.. but I think of them more as dinner than pets.

Also snakes, parrots, dogs, cats, rats, fire belly toads..

we have a few "resident" wild critters.. a opossum (not a pet.. though he comes up and begs for food every evening and has 0 fear of us) and squirrel (also not a pet but comes up and begs for food every day and will sit on my shoulder)

used to have ferrets and rabbits.. but the rabbits ended up on the dinner table and the ferrets died of old age.

Some people are like slinkies. They serve no useful purpose what so ever; but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs

I do not feed Trolls. I never seem to have a spare goat on hand when I cross a bridge; and I never like to waste a good goat on an annoying Troll. Ignoring them is such a wonderful option.

We tend to take life and the Internet too seriously. Don't allow others to tear you down or ruin your day. You live for YOU... NOT for them.
CatLoafCreations
neophyte
neophyte

Noctifera wrote:I had a snail once..

I grew up with chinchillas. My mother loves them and bred them as pets, like I'm talking there would be dozens of chinchillas running around. I remember bringing one to show-and-tell when I was a kid. C hinchillas aren't so exotic anymore, though.

We currently have a wild Savannah cat which is a hybrid between a Serval and a domestic cat, and a Saluki which is the earliest dog breed descended from Wolves.
One of our cats is a savannah too! (F3)

Return to “Paws, Claws, Feathers, Furries & Fins”