What happens when the Seelie and Unseelie meet?

quantumflux
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 17
If I could be anything, I would be...: I’m a faerie.
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Wouldn’t you like to know. HEHE
Zodiac:

They were not always separate. The seasons were all one in the same back when the earth was still young before the crust cooled and the sun took over as the earths prymary heat source.

Instrument of the end fire083
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 28
Your favorite spirit to work with: Anything willing
If I could be anything, I would be...: High Elven
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Melindrose
Zodiac:

And fae didn't exist on earth before that either.

All my freestyle dancing is essentially magic
To be the left hand of a god.
quantumflux
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Instrument of the end fire083 wrote:And fae didn't exist on earth before that either.

We have been around far longer than the earth. Nature does not only exist on this planet you now. Nor does it exist on a planets where there are life forms.

We existed back then even with the earth being Moulton and then we evolved as the earth does and as life does and even the universe.

Instrument of the end fire083
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 28
Your favorite spirit to work with: Anything willing
If I could be anything, I would be...: High Elven
My magical/paranormal name...: Melindrose
Zodiac:

Dasadon wrote:
Instrument of the end fire083 wrote:And fae didn't exist on earth before that either.

We have been around far longer than the earth. Nature does not only exist on this planet you now. Nor does it exist on a planets where there are life forms.

We existed back then even with the earth being Moulton and then we evolved as the earth does and as life does and even the universe.
Ah, but they went the seelie and unseelie until this planet. They weren't even called fae on those other worlds. They have, however, acted much the same towards each other as they do now.

All my freestyle dancing is essentially magic
To be the left hand of a god.
quantumflux
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Instrument of the end fire083 wrote:
Dasadon wrote:

Ah, but they went the seelie and unseelie until this planet. They weren't even called fae on those other worlds. They have, however, acted much the same towards each other as they do now.
Ok well this was fun. I said what I wanted. I I unsubscribed . Peace

NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Everyone
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself.
My magical/paranormal name...: KITTY!!!!!!!!
Zodiac:

This discussion was excellent.

I appreciate a factual accounting.

One thing I'd like to add - the winter and summer courts both have seelie and unseelie in their number.

There are three courts - the seelie, the unseelie, and the court of heroes and fools, usually referred to as the shadow court.

There are seven courts, technically, but all the seasonal courts are also ruled by the three main courts. The court of fools exists to balance the seelie and unseelie, and make sure there is always someone to clean up messes and make sure everything continues to flow as it should. Faeries are very... static. The court of heroes is NOT. They break things that need breaking, and change things that do not change.

"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

Every time I see this title pop up, I imagine Seelie and Unseelie negating each other like matter vs. antimatter. :lol:

But I did read the thread to find out the actual answer. :)

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Opelia Rendon
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 150
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sterling Angel
If I could be anything, I would be...: a mage
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

This is such an interesting thread *absorbing knowledge slurp slurp*

Trypper
new here
new here
Your favorite spirit to work with: Black Dragon

Likes2Read wrote:Every time I see this title pop up, I imagine Seelie and Unseelie negating each other like matter vs. antimatter. :lol:
exactly my thoughts lol

Infusion fiend and keeper of many friends
Wyldfae_Sidhe_Erlking
new here
new here
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 13
Spelled Number: 7
Your favorite spirit to work with: Wyldfae
If I could be anything, I would be...: Naagloshii
My magical/paranormal name...: Erlking

Jim Butcher does a great job explaining the fae in his Dresden Files series of novels. All fae are incalable of lies but use the rruth to obfuscate so you will infer the wrong meaning. They love making deals/pacts and will bargain fiercely to gain advantage as a symbol of status. Never accept a gift from the fae without their plainly spoken oath that you are safe and under no obligation. Otherwise you may find said gift always had a high price but since you didn't ask they didn't inform you. Winter and Summer cpurts are both manipulative and capricious. Just like people some are malevolent and some benevolent and some apathetic. Winter fae tend to be cold and withput pity or mercy. Cold like the winter storms and just as dangerous and deadly. But summer, while more empathetic and warm, are just as deadly as the summer sun or poisonous colorful berries. They may be sad that you suffer, bit their mercy would be to kill you quickly rather than show dispensation for any insult. This is especially true of the Sidhe (Nobility) of either court. When they meet, if not prearranged there might be battle but knly if one side has advantage or can move without being blamed as no revenge cpmes to one who it can't be proven did the deed. But if no advantage can be had or it is too public then there is the utmost attempt to show respect without giving offense or giving any advantage to the other. balance and pride are important, but the rules of host amd guest are sacrosanct. Even the Wyldfae (golblinkin and warrior tribes unaffiliated with summer or winter) will not break the laws of guest and host. Alk are weak to iron and can be summoned if you know their true name, but it takes cunning to be able to trap them welk enough to get them to deal from weakness. And expect trickery and revenge as they adhere to the very letter of what was agreed while twisting the exact words to have multiple meanings. Both Dummer and Winter serve opposing purposes but neither can gain as rhey are exactly balanced in power and strength.

Return to “Faery”