Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

Aurum wrote:I'm no doctor, but I believe a dry sauna, which is what the saunas in Finland are, is quite beneficial to lungs. There are many studies that have been done, and sauna is very healthy for almost anyone. It has always been regarded as a place of healing. Back in the olden days there as a proverb that said that if sauna, booze or tar didn't heal you, whatever you had was going to kill you.
I've only been in one type of Sauna. It was a closed off sealed room with LOTS of hot steam and it was extremely difficult to breathe. Is that not the same as Finland saunas?

"Do what you can, when you can, and avoid the unnecessary."
- Muse
Lux
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: a master

Aurum wrote:I'm Finnish, and one thing we Finns like to so is going to sauna. Luckily for me I have a chance to go to sauna several times a week and I usually do, it's one of those little luxuries that makes life very enjoyable.

Today as I was relaxing in the sauna I paid closer attention to all the reflections I could see, there are wet surfaces around so light gives all kinds of interesting reflections to the walls. I noticed that all the reflections I could see reminded me of dragons, and even a splash of water on the bench looked like a dragon to me. It seems most of my dragon companions were enjoying the relaxing experience with me. Of course it makes sense that they might like it, the warmth and the fire from the wood burning sauna stove. It's nice to share these things with my spirit family and they are always welcome to accompany me whatever I do.
How cool that you saw reflections in the sauna. I have a pink dragon.. next time I go to sauna I will pay attention.

Aurum
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals
Zodiac:

Muse wrote:
Aurum wrote:I'm no doctor, but I believe a dry sauna, which is what the saunas in Finland are, is quite beneficial to lungs. There are many studies that have been done, and sauna is very healthy for almost anyone. It has always been regarded as a place of healing. Back in the olden days there as a proverb that said that if sauna, booze or tar didn't heal you, whatever you had was going to kill you.
I've only been in one type of Sauna. It was a closed off sealed room with LOTS of hot steam and it was extremely difficult to breathe. Is that not the same as Finland saunas?
The saunas here are different, the air is humid and there is some steam when you throw the water on the stove (kiuas) but it doesn't fill the air like it does in steam rooms.
If you ever get to try the drier type of sauna, I really recommend it. Nothing is quite as relaxing as a good sauna and it really is healthy in many ways.

Aurum
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals
Zodiac:

Giving my old topic a bump. Maybe this happens to other people too.

I figured that things I see in sauna might be a way for the Universe, my spirits or even my subconscious mind to communicate with me. It might be, as a former member once told me that I am too open to things and all the noise of communication blends together and my mind interprets that as nothingness, complete silence, maybe it's a way to protect my mind.
In any case,as one is relaxed in sauna and perhaps even in a slightly altered state, this communication finds a way. I am an extremely visual person so it makes sense the communication is in pictorial form.
Today, as I was taking a shower while going to sauna I saw the shampoo suds form an image of a polar bear, which changed shape into an octopus. Right below the octopus was a silhouette of a goblin shark and to the upper left of the octopus was a form of this particularly unattractive but rather sympathetic deep sea fish, I cannot recall the name.
I haven't yet looked into it too much but I interpret it that there ere things to look into, resolve. deep in the depths of my subconscious mind and perhaps looking into symbolism of these animals helps me uncover it.

Return to “Dragons”