No-Risk Paranormal, Avoid the Unwelcome Surprise

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

CerataPhthalma wrote:Is it terrible that I really only want to stay in the white and pale grey territories? LOL Sometimes it feels like all the really advanced people and the "cool kids" are working with DA beings and energies and I just... don't want to, for the most part. I want to know about DA and understand how to defend myself and protect others, but otherwise... I'll just be over here, playing with my white lights!

It's all about being true to what you want for your path.

Being true to who you are as a human being, however, everyone should at least undertstand the DA and many who are advancing are simply needing to confront that at some point.. in order to have a really good grasp of what they want for their path.
Even you may venture there, for that reason. Everyone has to confront what they don't want to deal with at some point if they want to move forward. It may not be something that happens in this lifetime, even, but it will need to happen if you're a human being trying to advance spiritually, in my opinion.
If the most DA you deal with is your own DA energy, that's what really counts.

This doesn't mean it defines your path. You do you..

I had a huge aversion to WA and that was a personal, necessary confrontation.. so I've mingled with WA and I can appreciate it now, but it's still not my path. A sense of balance in some regard, is healthy for the soul.

CerataPhthalma
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: It's a Secret
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Noctifera wrote:
CerataPhthalma wrote:Is it terrible that I really only want to stay in the white and pale grey territories? LOL Sometimes it feels like all the really advanced people and the "cool kids" are working with DA beings and energies and I just... don't want to, for the most part. I want to know about DA and understand how to defend myself and protect others, but otherwise... I'll just be over here, playing with my white lights!

It's all about being true to what you want for your path.

Being true to who you are as a human being, however, everyone should at least undertstand the DA and many who are advancing are simply needing to confront that at some point.. in order to have a really good grasp of what they want for their path.
Even you may venture there, for that reason. Everyone has to confront what they don't want to deal with at some point if they want to move forward. It may not be something that happens in this lifetime, even, but it will need to happen if you're a human being trying to advance spiritually, in my opinion.
If the most DA you deal with is your own DA energy, that's what really counts.

This doesn't mean it defines your path. You do you..

I had a huge aversion to WA and that was a personal, necessary confrontation.. so I've mingled with WA and I can appreciate it now, but it's still not my path. A sense of balance in some regard, is healthy for the soul.
Oh, believe me, I've ventured there. I've had my dark night of the soul, and I've been in very dark places. I've seen my inner darkness, and I know well what that dark side is capable of. Every so often, I still indulge it--safely, where no one gets caught in the crossfire--but I find I enjoy the person I've become much more than the person I was.

To be fair, I sympathize strongly with Dark things--I've cried over demons, and empathized with monsters. I write them into my stories, and play villains of duality. By first reverse adoption even wound up being a very old and very balanced divine dragon spirit, and I'm currently branching out to include a DA unicorn entity adopted from DLM!

Anyway, I'm rambling now. My point is, I agree fully. We need to understand and confront both sides because of who and what we are, even while remaining aware of what we truly want from our path. Sometimes I worry that I won't be seen as a "serious practicioner" because of my focus on WA, but... well, that's just fine with me! I'm having fun being me and walking my own weird little road in the wood.

Charles_Odinforce
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 105
Spelled Number: 18
Your favorite spirit to work with: Aesir
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Laser-beam eyes
My magical/paranormal name...: Thorian

For me I don't see Black Arts as an issue. I recognize the universe and The Source have no defining colors. These things are inventions that help our minds deal with things. That said I divine any action of energy into frequency in terms of density. Long frequency energies take longer for a modulation to complete and are "darker" or "denser" in feel. High Frequency energies take less time to modulate and are more "bright" or "pulse like" and are "lighter. That is the first understanding of Light and Dark I use. After that I then divide the light and the dark into intent, then into outcome. So this means in dealing with any art form I may be dealing with a Light (power) Dark (Intent) Light (Outcome) and have to weigh all of this. The reason for this is as follows. I can judge an energy of Dark to be a great healing force or great destructive. I can watch a beam of light melt through a solid steel plate. However these do not concern me as much. I sleep in the blackest dark I can, and I awake to a bright light sun. What matters to me is intent. Put a bag over my head to kidnap me and that is some black/dark that I won't quickly forgive or let pass. Turn the light out so I can sleep more easily and I will likely thank you. Turn the light out when I am having trouble navigating a new room and I will likely be less than happy, and less than murderous, with you.

That is me though, I see that so is below so is above. If dark or "black" has a place in my physical world I recognize it as just one more construct of the spiritual world, one more understanding of the Source. However the intent of the use of that energy and the outcome mean something.

That said, getting out of your comfort zone is usually a good idea. That is AFTER you have had enough time in a comfort zone to know WHY it exists and what limits it is creating. Diving out of it just to dive out of it is what we in the field call suicide.

Professional Mystic at
http://www.rosequartzlabyrinth.com

"Power unrestrained dead on the mark is what we will deliver tonight!" - Disturbed Ten Thousand Fists in the Air
moonshadowlab
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 30
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: DC
If I could be anything, I would be...: Me Myself and I
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Yes yes and YES! Such good information for everyone joining up and on their journey

Moonshadowlab AKA Lisa B
nezzuo
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Zodiac:

Charles_Odinforce wrote:For me I don't see Black Arts as an issue. I recognize the universe and The Source have no defining colors. These things are inventions that help our minds deal with things. That said I divine any action of energy into frequency in terms of density. Long frequency energies take longer for a modulation to complete and are "darker" or "denser" in feel. High Frequency energies take less time to modulate and are more "bright" or "pulse like" and are "lighter. That is the first understanding of Light and Dark I use. After that I then divide the light and the dark into intent, then into outcome. So this means in dealing with any art form I may be dealing with a Light (power) Dark (Intent) Light (Outcome) and have to weigh all of this. The reason for this is as follows. I can judge an energy of Dark to be a great healing force or great destructive. I can watch a beam of light melt through a solid steel plate. However these do not concern me as much. I sleep in the blackest dark I can, and I awake to a bright light sun. What matters to me is intent. Put a bag over my head to kidnap me and that is some black/dark that I won't quickly forgive or let pass. Turn the light out so I can sleep more easily and I will likely thank you. Turn the light out when I am having trouble navigating a new room and I will likely be less than happy, and less than murderous, with you.

That is me though, I see that so is below so is above. If dark or "black" has a place in my physical world I recognize it as just one more construct of the spiritual world, one more understanding of the Source. However the intent of the use of that energy and the outcome mean something.

That said, getting out of your comfort zone is usually a good idea. That is AFTER you have had enough time in a comfort zone to know WHY it exists and what limits it is creating. Diving out of it just to dive out of it is what we in the field call suicide.
very interesting, i like this a lot!

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Zodiac:

BinariesOfDreamsAndInk wrote:Good thing I wasn't planning on venturing into the black arts! Certainly not my cup of tea. I'm Wiccan and the closest I dare go near black arts is grey arts. 1mg
I think grey art is considered as DA as well. I mean there are like 50 shades of it, from very pale to very dark:D

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Noctifera wrote:Once again, that doesn't mean it's wrong to have that knowledge or experience in some form if you are truly a person meant to have that, but it's not something most people should ever encounter or feel an urge to encounter on their path.
[/color]
I like this:)
I'd prefer to listen to their experience and knowledge in this art, like reading how it's like to climb Everest while I might never go there (no money and different priority).

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Charles_Odinforce wrote:That said, getting out of your comfort zone is usually a good idea. That is AFTER you have had enough time in a comfort zone to know WHY it exists and what limits it is creating. Diving out of it just to dive out of it is what we in the field call suicide.
Yes:D
I'll add, it's a good idea to know the purpose of getting out of the comfort zone too. Getting out just to test the water could lead to trouble, and without strong conviction one might just revert to the comfort zone from one bad experience:I

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

darkwing wrote:
Charles_Odinforce wrote:That said, getting out of your comfort zone is usually a good idea. That is AFTER you have had enough time in a comfort zone to know WHY it exists and what limits it is creating. Diving out of it just to dive out of it is what we in the field call suicide.
Yes:D
I'll add, it's a good idea to know the purpose of getting out of the comfort zone too. Getting out just to test the water could lead to trouble, and without strong conviction one might just revert to the comfort zone from one bad experience:I
Amen. The problem with taking a "We're just getting started, so let's dive into the deep end and sink or swim!" attitude is that some people actually DO sink. People who are just now learning to float would be better served by at least building up until they can swim before tackling the deep end.

I will leave it to the people here who've served as lifeguards and paramedics, in the events where a sink-or-swim attempt went bad, to point out some of the ways that sinking can impact a person's life. Not to mention, the lives of those around them.

I'm not saying to never leave the comfort zone. As a more experienced rollerblader said to me when I was learning, "If you never fall, you aren't challenging yourself." But there's a difference between leaving the comfort zone, and diving headfirst into a pool full of crocodiles. The former brings a learning experience. The latter... well, somebody's day is going to be flat-out ruined, and my guess is that it won't be the crocodiles' day.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
no name
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: no anwer
If I could be anything, I would be...: no answer
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: no answer

Thank you, Magnolia! Great post!
I have tried WA, but DA is closer to my own energy, duality. So I feel more comfortable with DA, but BA is something I would never consider for myself.

Return to “Magnolia”