sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Charles_Odinforce wrote:All that said, I recognize this. Those who tend to think of themselves as "Light" and "Good" mystically refuse to do "evil" and "dark" things...

Till they are pushed... then they are about 90X more dangerous, vicious, unrelenting, and masochistic than anyone else. This simply put is because once they stop believing they are the "Good" guy all that pent up aggression comes out....
Or it could go down this way: Person X thinks of himself as an agent of all that is good and holy. Person Y either confronts X, or (if X is especially intolerant) merely entertains an opposing viewpoint to X.

If X thinks all opponents are agents of evil, he might feel no compunction whatsoever about trying to exterminate Y and his opposing viewpoint, and the more decisively, the better. X might be able to internally justify his behavior, no matter how heinous, by declaring that he HAD to exterminate evil by any means necessary.

At which point, though X might still consider himself an agent of the good and holy, the REST of us may or may not objectively agree with him. It depends on what Y was actually doing, and what X did or didn't do in response.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

We are now discussing the relativistic (non absolute) nature of morality. It should be obvious, everything is relative.. that is why when you want to know what you are working with you should ask questions, learn to sense and to discern, and decide what that means to you. This has been stated many times before. Definitions and terminology are going to slightly differ from practitioner to practitioner and generally we must take situations of energy on a case by case basis of what it is. In my previous post I emphasized the necessity of being able to discern for yourself, and I stand by that.. I don't think it gets any simpler, or unfortunately more complex. LOL.

It's hard to categorizze but all at once it's actually not hard to understand or apply categorizations. CH when they say something is 'White' or 'Dark' arts they add a note on what that means to them, and we read it and then we know. A general term is used for efficiency, the description or meaning to the one who categorized an energy is used for our understanding, and finally our personal intuition or discernment is used for if it makes sense to us or if it's right for us.
It doesn't matter how something is labeled, it matters what that means to the one in question and how that meaning is translated for us personally.

We're all smart enough to know that energy isn't static and that it can be observed in many different ways, but to act like there is no set in stone definition to an energy or conclusion that can be drawn from it is silly.. there has to be, there always is, and that's why we have order in the universe. Even in the chaotic array of how things can be, there are fundamental truths - there are foundations and that is what masters and experienced practitioners of their craft recognize! Even those who simply, appreciate knowledge. There is a 'core' to all things and that 'core' is relevant. That 'core' can be defined many ways but it doesn't change the core, and that's what you discern when you get into your involvement with the arts. That's what people are losing sight of because they are arguing over terms, which are only words. Do you understand a presence? How do you react to that presence? How consistent is this? What consistency is most prominent. These are relevant questions.

There will NEVER be a consensus, on a system or systemlessness. Never going to happen. All of this back and forth philosophizing on what things mean to individuals is neat and it's certainly stimulating and worthwhile as an intellectual discussion.. but at the end of the day when you want an answer there's no need to complicate it for yourself.

Example. When someone says 'white arts' means 'will do no harm' I understand that this person chooses to entitle a category as 'white arts' and they define that as 'it seeks to bring positive energy' to a situation. Positive energy or positive intent of a being is not always ideal to us or appreciated by us as individuals, but it doesn't change the fundamental nature of that being. (Unless you subscribe to the theory that things exist only as a result of observation, then that being might cease to exist to you).
If we decide 'white arts' therefore can potentially be 'bad' for us because of this, so be it, but we're just defining an experience for ourselves.. and experience is personal, and varies so wildly, it's not useful for categorization - but categorization is necessary when you have a business/establishment. Laws are necessary to govern a country. Rules are necessary to keep things in place. They aren't the secret to our nature, they may not even accurately reflect our nature, but they have a purpose and this is taken as it is taken.

Therefore both - the varying categorization and the varying personal experience are relevant at different levels of understanding. They can also be distinct from one another and that's part of what makes for the individual's path. The Apollonian and Dionysian come to mind, there is a balance in all things.. there are balances found within balances and all aspects are relevant to some degree.

At once, and in line with what I veered off on just above.. it's always going to be a lot more complex because energy not only reacts with other spectrums of energy, but other distinct beings of energy (each and every one of us in our individual make-up) and there are slight to noticeable nuances in that result. The combinations of distinct, interacting energies are INFINITE and they all are bound to have slightly different reactions. Hence personality, character, the nature of the soul.

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Noctifera wrote:We are now discussing the relativistic (non absolute) nature of morality. It should be obvious, everything is relative.. that is why when you want to know what you are working with you should ask questions, learn to sense and to discern, and decide what that means to you. This has been stated many times before. Definitions and terminology are going to slightly differ from practitioner to practitioner and generally we must take situations of energy on a case by case basis of what it is. In my previous post I emphasized the necessity of being able to discern for yourself, and I stand by that.. I don't think it gets any simpler, or unfortunately more complex. LOL.

It's hard to categorizze but all at once it's actually not hard to understand or apply categorizations. CH when they say something is 'White' or 'Dark' arts they add a note on what that means to them, and we read it and then we know. A general term is used for efficiency, the description or meaning to the one who categorized an energy is used for our understanding, and finally our personal intuition or discernment is used for if it makes sense to us or if it's right for us.
It doesn't matter how something is labeled, it matters what that means to the one in question and how that meaning is translated for us personally.

We're all smart enough to know that energy isn't static and that it can be observed in many different ways, but to act like there is no set in stone definition to an energy or conclusion that can be drawn from it is silly.. there has to be, there always is, and that's why we have order in the universe. Even in the chaotic array of how things can be, there are fundamental truths - there are foundations and that is what masters and experienced practitioners of their craft recognize! Even those who simply, appreciate knowledge. There is a 'core' to all things and that 'core' is relevant. That 'core' can be defined many ways but it doesn't change the core, and that's what you discern when you get into your involvement with the arts. That's what people are losing sight of because they are arguing over terms, which are only words. Do you understand a presence? How do you react to that presence? How consistent is this? What consistency is most prominent. These are relevant questions.

There will NEVER be a consensus, on a system or systemlessness. Never going to happen. All of this back and forth philosophizing on what things mean to individuals is neat and it's certainly stimulating and worthwhile as an intellectual discussion.. but at the end of the day when you want an answer there's no need to complicate it for yourself.

Example. When someone says 'white arts' means 'will do no harm' I understand that this person chooses to entitle a category as 'white arts' and they define that as 'it seeks to bring positive energy' to a situation. Positive energy or positive intent of a being is not always ideal to us or appreciated by us as individuals, but it doesn't change the fundamental nature of that being. (Unless you subscribe to the theory that things exist only as a result of observation, then that being might cease to exist to you).
If we decide 'white arts' therefore can potentially be 'bad' for us because of this, so be it, but we're just defining an experience for ourselves.. and experience is personal, and varies so wildly, it's not useful for categorization - but categorization is necessary when you have a business/establishment. Laws are necessary to govern a country. Rules are necessary to keep things in place. They aren't the secret to our nature, they may not even accurately reflect our nature, but they have a purpose and this is taken as it is taken.

Therefore both - the varying categorization and the varying personal experience are relevant at different levels of understanding. They can also be distinct from one another and that's part of what makes for the individual's path. The Apollonian and Dionysian come to mind, there is a balance in all things.. there are balances found within balances and all aspects are relevant to some degree.

At once, and in line with what I veered off on just above.. it's always going to be a lot more complex because energy not only reacts with other spectrums of energy, but other distinct beings of energy (each and every one of us in our individual make-up) and there are slight to noticeable nuances in that result. The combinations of distinct, interacting energies are INFINITE and they all are bound to have slightly different reactions. Hence personality, character, the nature of the soul.
This post has described the principle of wuji (no polarity, the source), taiji (great polarity, the change), and yin-yang movement, better than most people. Amazing:D

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Satan's Hellcat
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 1000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons, DA entities
If I could be anything, I would be...: Multi-dimensional.
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Satan's Hellcat
Zodiac:

Well, I am gonna invoke some good old fashioned Wiccan Wisdom! Here is the reason...my volkh had to protect me yesterday, and I didn't know from what! It might have been anything, but the fact is I don't KNOW. Hell, it took me a while to figure out it was the volkh and what had happened! It was while chatting on the Satan and Suns website. Now it is certainly NOT Akelta's fault, nor any of her people or demons to my knowledge. I read what she wrote, and I like what she said about herself and her demonic companions. However, the Volkh knew something I did not, which to me means I need more experience! Until I can see what it did, I am taking a break from this topic. Whenever a major life event type decision was made, a waiting period was imposed on Wiccans of a year and a day. If things remain the same at the end of that time frame, then it was considered okay to proceed. Demons are still gonna be here in a year and a day, but hopefully I will continue to learn and grow. I admit to being a tad disappointed, but better safe than unsafe! In the meantime, I have quite a lovely range of spirits already, and will continue to work on them. I think what really decided me was a post I saw this morning about revenge. It is NOT why I want to study with demons! Not even CLOSE. I want self knowledge and the ability to see into other people's motives. I sincerely hope they will understand and wait, so that it can be RIGHT for me before I proceed. Until then, they have my respect and regrets. The moratorium will be on actually owning a demonic entity, not reading or learning about them. Notice I said demonic and not BA or DA. For me it is just too soon!

MANY spirits of all types, entities, and some servitors. Massive amount of spells.
Charles_Odinforce
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 105
Spelled Number: 18
Your favorite spirit to work with: Aesir
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Laser-beam eyes
My magical/paranormal name...: Thorian

Side note this raises a good point on being classification I often expose upon. We often classify things as "Demon, God, Goddess, Angel, etc..." within the spectrum of light and dark without the beings being named directly. They may be lesser beings of the variety but in occult study when they speak of warnings on the nature of "Demons" They are often referring to "Named" demons of considerable power. This creates a dissonance in the terminology we often use to describe beings.

On the one hand you have demons, (small d), Demons (named but lesser powerful), DEMONS (things you are at risk to do a bonding/binding on), and D-E-M-O-N-S (things that doing a bonding/binding on is a risk to your very life). As well as subdivisions.

Again all of these are arbitrary to some degree. I've seen an un-named being fight a named one and win. I've also seen practitioners show up to my home bloodied from something they couldn't put back in a box because they called it by name.

My point? Recognize that a measure of care can prevent a ton of problems. Recognize some things are good for mingling, alliances, friendships, and the like while other beings are better to be called upon as you would Mafioso Boss.

Professional Mystic at
http://www.rosequartzlabyrinth.com

"Power unrestrained dead on the mark is what we will deliver tonight!" - Disturbed Ten Thousand Fists in the Air
blezheng
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 44
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them!
If I could be anything, I would be...: super cute LOL
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Princess of Cuteness
Zodiac:

This is absolutely correct. Their energy is not even good.

All from CH: 9 Human Spirits (1 Lover,1 Past Life,1 Atlantean,3 Ancestors,1 Warlock,2 Witches) 10 Angels,1 Green Dragon,1 Kilin,1 Wraith,1 Volkh,1 Hellhound,1 Brownie,1 Drow,1Past Life High Elf, 1 Mononoke,1 Manananggal,6 Fae,1 Bannik,1 Einherjar,3 Prehistorics,4 Djinns,1 Abchanchu,1 Aitvaras,1 Gregori Watcher,1 Gorgon,1 Ulijju,1 Paniwi,1 Bucca,1 Harpy,1 Tikbalang,1 Gaki,1 Leprechaun,1 Muddled Blood Vampire,1 Aeryan,1 Catoblepas,1 Amanik-Geced, Many Immortals

Return to “Magnolia”