what exactly do you guys talk about with your spirits?

nezzuo
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Josephnapier wrote:Like I must be the most annoying person to my spirits I literally have so many issues going on all the time I'm constantly venting to them. There in a master vessel in my ring so there with me the whole way but I just get so upset and am constantly on the verge of tears lately :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yesss i feel bad for them when i have a particularly complaintative period of time because that is almost alll they hear about. however, your spirits may be with you because they knew you would have these hard times. perhaps they are here to help you overcome them. in this particular way, as simple venting buddies.
i know how that feels though, and it is awful. i am sending good wishes and thoughts your way. i truly hope things lighten up for you.

nezzuo
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Likes2Read wrote:Oh, and I just thought of one other aspect of human life that isn't shared across every culture. Literacy. Some cultures don't have a written application of their language, and some cultures do not have mandatory schooling or widespread teaching of reading and writing. So if they see through my eyes when I'm looking at a sign or a billboard, for example, and suddenly those marks on the sign are WORDS and have MEANING, this is a source of fascination to any visitor who is unacquanted with the sensation of reading.

Heck, even the ones who DO know how to read and write one or more languages, don't necessarily read and write English or use the Roman alphabet. So it's still a point of interest to look at the marks and shapes that they normally wouldn't have been able to understand, through the eyes of someone who reads them fluently.

Given my own personal history, I am also able to explain both braille and sign language. That's fun.
i am loving this, please share more if you think of it. i love imagining things from another being's eyes, these posts have been so interesting to me!

Josephnapier
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 7
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Not sure
If I could be anything, I would be...: Witch
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Joseph Obscura
Zodiac:

nezzuo wrote:
Josephnapier wrote:Like I must be the most annoying person to my spirits I literally have so many issues going on all the time I'm constantly venting to them. There in a master vessel in my ring so there with me the whole way but I just get so upset and am constantly on the verge of tears lately :/

yesss i feel bad for them when i have a particularly complaintative period of time because that is almost alll they hear about. however, your spirits may be with you because they knew you would have these hard times. perhaps they are here to help you overcome them. in this particular way, as simple venting buddies.
i know how that feels though, and it is awful. i am sending good wishes and thoughts your way. i truly hope things lighten up for you.
Awe well thank you. I've been really depressed and contemplating suicide. So that's all they hear about are my spoken thoughts. (I don't want to derail the thread)

nezzuo
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

it's an important subject worth talking about my friend. please, though, stick around and see all of the beauty that is in store for you. perhaps there hasn't been much so far, or perhaps you simply haven't seen it - it's easy to miss if you're riddled with depression, i know. but there truly can be a gorgeous life ahead of you if you wait to see. if you're comfortable starting another thread about this, i know many members here including me have been through this and could offer some words worth considering. if you don't wanna hear it though, i understand.

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Zodiac:

Josephnapier wrote:
nezzuo wrote:

Awe well thank you. I've been really depressed and contemplating suicide. So that's all they hear about are my spoken thoughts. (I don't want to derail the thread)
Make sure to talk to your family doctor about what treatment options are available. If you haven't embarked on one yet, it might be time to start. If you do have a treatment plan in progress, it might need some adjusting.

Take it from one who knows. I battled depression for years, until flying solo wasn't getting the job done anymore. Then I talked to my doctor about it. If I'd known what a difference it would make, I wouldn't have waited so long. That doesn't mean I have zero "down" days, but everybody has "down" days. That's normal. What wasn't normal was having "bottomless pit" types of down days. Nobody should have to live with that.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Josephnapier
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 7
Your favorite spirit to work with: Not sure
If I could be anything, I would be...: Witch
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Joseph Obscura
Zodiac:

Likes2Read wrote:
Josephnapier wrote:
nezzuo wrote:

Make sure to talk to your family doctor about what treatment options are available. If you haven't embarked on one yet, it might be time to start. If you do have a treatment plan in progress, it might need some adjusting.

Take it from one who knows. I battled depression for years, until flying solo wasn't getting the job done anymore. Then I talked to my doctor about it. If I'd known what a difference it would make, I wouldn't have waited so long. That doesn't mean I have zero "down" days, but everybody has "down" days. That's normal. What wasn't normal was having "bottomless pit" types of down days. Nobody should have to live with that.
Yeah I don't want treatment I hate the medical industry all they want is ridiculous amounts of money I can't afford anyway. I feel like just offing myself would honestly be the better option. And personally call me selfish but no one would really care anyway.

NekoTheCat
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: Servitor/Kitsune
If I could be anything, I would be...: Nekomata
My magical/paranormal name...: Sora
Zodiac:

I can't see or hear him so we don't have a real conversation it's a one sided conversation where I talk about things in my life and how I'm happy I have L as my companion now. I think he's just listeNing waiting for when I can finally hear and see him, I also tend to sing a lot as well ask him questions even knowing he won't respond.

Sincerely NekoTheCat~

May The Spirit Of The Tiger Be With You & May The Moons Light Guide You Down The Right Path©
Dragonoake
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 19
Your favorite spirit to work with: Black dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Likes2Read wrote:I am fascinated by what, in our realm, THEY find fascinating. Human technology inspires as much interest with some of them as their magick inspires in us. Computers. Smartphones where we can look up any info right away. Airplanes and helicopters. Running water. Air conditioners.
A month or so ago, I walked into Walmart with my newly acquired djinn...
She apparently had never seen a grocery store before; and was soon spread out, at least three aisles wide, looking at everything

Dragonoake
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 19
Your favorite spirit to work with: Black dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

nezzuo wrote:i sit and ask, "what exactly do i talk about?" instead of actually talking. it was this way with humans for years. it still can be. i just need some subjects i suppose
I've always had this problem
My mom is deaf, so my folks never talked very much; and having grown up an outsider in a very Norwegian community, I was just never around people talking to each other very much and don't know what they talk about

surest
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 0

nezzuo wrote:
Likes2Read wrote:
darklordmidnight wrote:Well, I find the best way to learn about the spirits is just to talk to them, the little things that pop up in conversation can be very telling.
I am fascinated by what, in our realm, THEY find fascinating. Human technology inspires as much interest with some of them as their magick inspires in us. Computers. Smartphones where we can look up any info right away. Airplanes and helicopters. Running water. Air conditioners.

I had one convo that amused me not long ago, with an unbound whose culture has a saying that, basically, translates into "No one knows everything" or "Not everything is knowable". The expression itself is, "Who has seen the tops of clouds?" Well, having been in an airplane, I can honestly answer that question in the affirmative. But I wanted to be respectful, so I my response was more along the lines of, "Ummm, wellll, actually...", lol. Which sparked discussion of what it looks like to be IN a cloud (like fog), and what the tops of clouds actually look like. I even live close enough to an airport that if the weather conditions are right, cloudy and relatively low cloud cover, you can see a departing airplane ascend until it penetrates the cloud layer and disappears from view. And it was a point of interest that once the plane breaks through and is above the cloud layer, it's sunny and clear up there.

And that's just the kind of conversation that can happen when we are explaining our culture to them. We can also ask questions of them about their lives and their culture. Asking how they would have handled situation X, for example, would be one thing. We solve problems one way, and other cultures would approach the same issue from a different perspective, and possibly have an entirely different solution. Maybe if their way would work even better than ours, we can examine it to see what lessons we can take from it.
what a beautiful answer and example. thank you!
I love it too.

Esoteric scientist

Return to “Spirit Keeping”